Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I bought this game on iOS and Mac and I am loving impressed at how well it ran on the shittiest base M1 MacBook Air. Or at least it did until I ran into several game breaking bugs every time I hit the incinerator for the first time. It’s a shame too because it was buttery smooth 60 FPS until everything ground to a halt. Good thing this game is so great in the first two hours that I was willing to buy it on PS5 and start from scratch.

I swear I spent the last 2 hours crying - this was by far Kojima’s best work and the whole environment and setting, the graphics, and the acting just create a uniquely haunting, desolate, and yet emotional journey. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved playing through the Metal Gear series and there were some great moments, but I don’t think anything in prior games comes close to the emotional gut punch at the end of Sam realizing he’s the BB and Cliff is his father. It’s funny how effective the writing and acting is here because I had worked out that Sam was BB waaaaay earlier in the game but the moment still hits perfectly.

And now I’m finally caught up on the Death Stranding 2 trailer and am super hyped for part 2.

While I wait, it’s time to finish my interstate highway. During the main story I linked up Lake Knot to South Knot, now I’m about the connect the road that starts at the Distribution Center south of Lake Knot to Mountain Knot.

The gameplay at its core is just so fun especially on PS5 - the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers make gunplay feel awesome and I love the weapons and tools that get unlocked in the late game. Combat felt very challenging in some spots but it never felt like it was out of my hands to survive enemy encounters. Unfortunately the BT encounters stopped being scary after the first one, and then you get more weapons and tools to punk them later in the game, but for me the best parts of this game are traversing the landscape.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cord cutting is the only way to get rid of those. They’re generally no harder to kill using that method, but you just need to make sure you’re not spotted.

Is it ever possible to clear an area of BT’s permanently, or do they respawn? I took out that whole crater where the collectors old shelter used to be (with the ruined mall), but I still get BT warnings and timefall there

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

About 50% of the loop that goes from the Craftsman around to Mountain Knot and the distribution center south of Lake Knot is built in my game instance, and I only contributed to the portion from the Craftsman to the distribution center near Mountain Knot. So somebody contributed materials somewhere.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

You basically need to send the pulse the second you get pinged. It's pretty easy to time since you always get pinged after crossing their sensor net, but it takes practice.

Once you get Bola Gun level 2 the MULEs become trivially easy to beat.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I'm pretty much just loving around in the endgame completing all the central region roads and my number 1 way to clear MULE camps now is to just take a Bridges truck and boost right into MULE's. It instantly KO's them but doesn't kill them, so I pretty much just do that to the ones patrolling the edge of the encampment, and as reinforcements come I just run them over one by one.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The Cheshire Cat posted:

If you do the Cyberpunk crossover missions eventually you get the ability to just shut down the mule pylons and walk past without triggering a scan which makes them pretty easy to deal with.

Wait what are these

Are these in the directors cut?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I have just 1800 more ceramics to farm and I’ll have finished building every road in the central region. Goddamn what a trek this project was.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Douchebag posted:

If you’re at that point with roads, just claim the ceramics from a bunch of preppers. There is also a few of them that give you high density resources after a few deliveries making that stuff easy.

I did end up doing that…then found out there’s one more paver in the snowy part of the mountains that needs like 7200 ceramics :cawg:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Well all the roads are now built and it feels like I’m done with my time in this game. It was a great 77 hour jaunt but America is rebuilt and I’m ready for Sam’s next adventure.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I think that the setting will be all over the world. Instead of the world map in DS1 basically being the east coast, central, and west coast, I bet we’ll get big maps representing different locations around the world.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The cutscene where you meet Heartman... some of it is obviously meant to be funny, but I'm not sure about some of the other bits. I thought the lake looked less like a heart and more like the imprint of a giant pair of testicles. That it's Nicholas Refn's likeness is just the cherry on top of the total absurdity.

I've been finding the bit immediately after that a bit of a slog. Not so much because of the increased number of BTs (I actually kind of like those bits because they're nice and tense but not overly difficult) but because of the snowstorms and all that. I've heard that it doesn't get much better in the tar pits, but I'm kind of looking forward to the return of Moby Dick Studios anyway.

I think it’s mostly because the distances and terrible terrain. I hated this part of the game and just stopped doing anything other than do the minimum to progress the story.

BT’s were always easy to deal with, in my first playthrough of the prologue I managed to just stealth my way through the river route and avoid all the BT’s, at a time when I didn’t exactly recognize all the signs that you were getting close. Once you get your first grenades they are utterly trivialized, and once you get the cuff’s it’s basically a cakewalk dealing with them.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I hate Higgs and I hate this stupid boss fight in the middle of my delivery game.

all the fights involving Higgs are my favorite part of the game in a game that is very very good

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Is there any benefit to fighting the big BTs that can ambush you? I've mostly just been running away from them!

Do you mean the ones that spawn after you’re grabbed and whisked away to a hosed up tar filled wasteland?

If so, then yes - you can farm a shitload of chiral crystals when you beat them

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

disposablewords posted:

I usually just bring weapons to shoot or grenade the poo poo out of any BTs when I'm out and only care about hunting the wily jellyfish when I need chiral crystals. But I kind of hate dealing with those miniboss BTs in general.

Grenade launcher + nonlethal assault rifle are my preferred weapons and it’s enough ammo to kill 2 BT’s (there’s that one area in the mountains where you can fight 2 of the lion things at once)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

You need to carry a lot less than you think you do. BT’s are easy to avoid and if you have to get into a boss fight the game will spawn weapons