Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Mechanical Ape posted:

Coming in with EU experience but no CK knowledge: is Yumtän's warmongering going to result in a coalition against him?

You basically have to eat an area the size of France before you get a defensive pact large enough to cause you problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Don't we already control too much land to use any Prepared Invasions?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Unyielding
Harmonious, Ancestor Veneration
Hierocratic

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Purgyal Gyalyum Beats Up Everyone"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

To be fair, we are talking about the Byzantines here; this might be a "he died of severe indigestion that coincidentally happened to have symptoms similar to 16 knife wounds to the back" kind of thing.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The 90-year-old lesbian archpriestess just beat a commander to death in personal combat in the middle of a battle. What is this game. :stonk:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:five:

Marco Polo is going to arrive and discover that literally every square inch of Asia, from Turkey to Japan, is Tibet.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Did they start calling her "the Wolf" before or after she started eating dudes, though

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:drat:

Looking forward to Mesoamerica Universalis

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Problem: the Mongols are conquering us from the north.

Solution: just conquer south and slowly shift the entire country into India.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Robindaybird posted:

That's CK2 for you - I had a game before they reduced the diplomatic distance where it seems like the *Entirety* of Ethiopia crashed onto the couch of Ireland after the country got ate by one of the Muslim megablobs.

I love it when you look at your list of courtiers and it's full of random-rear end nobles from half a continent away who just... silently moved in at some point. "Who the gently caress are all of you? Who told you you could sleep here?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

As I understand it, nomads have a huge, but hidden advantage: armies (well, flanks of armies) that consist of just a single unit type are dramatically stronger than mixed armies, since they have access to much better tactics in combat. However, only nomads can take advantage of this: levies will always be mixed, while retinues can be pure, and nomad armies are all retinues. So as a nomad you can build an army of 10,000 light cav and watch it crush stacks twice its size.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

So does that mean the Fylkir is some terrifying Swedish murder-queen?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:distonk:

e: holy poo poo he's a cannibal this world is loving wild

megane
Jun 20, 2008

You could do a time-skip. Would help smooth over any changes you want to make to fix border gore etc.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Chicken for lunch today, I think.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

My games never go this insane. What happened? Is it mostly just the super-early Aztecs throwing everything out of whack?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

there are no words :psyduck:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Centuries from now, religious scholars are going to have fits.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Maybe the Archpriestess can explain how the laws she herself wrote apply here. A.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Hey, goon council, should we do something insane and possibly suicidal? Keep in mind that-" [note: at this point the speaker is cut off by everyone in the room screaming "yes"]

A

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yeah, a lot of costs are just some flat percentage of your yearly income, so if you're rich you'll get situations where you pass a beggar and are given the choice between becoming Cruel or giving them "a few coppers" to the tune of hundreds of gold.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:yeshaha:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

ByzLP never dies :jeb:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Holy hell, she is a monster. In more ways than one. :stonklol:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

SpruceZeus posted:

i dont play these games so im not sure what all those numbers on our ruler mean but from how y'all are reacting i think its safe to assume that they are good numbers

For reference, a 10 in a stat is fairly good. 20 is amazing, marking you as a master of whatever that thing is. The game gives Ghenghis Khan something like a 25 in Martial.

Our beloved empress has nothing below a 17, and a 30 in Intrigue.

megane fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 9, 2019

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:yeshaha:

It begins.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Empress Theonora posted:

Everyone is all ‘the empress is a lunatic’ and ‘possessed by evil spirits’, but I don’t know, maybe we should hear her out?

She's called "the Holy," guys, people wouldn't lie about something like that.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Possessed trait means she’s possessed by the bloodthirsty, malevolent spirits of madness known as “goons.”

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Well,

Time to invade China again.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Kangxi posted:

I will also need flags.

The words have been spoken. The ancient horror Flagchat stirs within its dark prison.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Well, mine aren't nearly as cool as those, but I made Norse England and Ireland:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

A couple more: the Jerusalem Raj and Scandinavia.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Aztecs and Norse really just tore Europe to shreds, holy poo poo. Norse Nahua Latium. Norse Nahua Latium.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

As far as giving Tibet vassals goes, that'd be an idea except the arc of the last couple of rulers was the increasing centralization of power.

I'd honestly go so far as to say gently caress it, leave us as we are and just let us have periodic blob nightmare wars with the Chinese-Tibetans.

Well, Lasya concentrated a huge amount of power in her own person, but she was a divinely/demonically-inspired hyper-genius. It seems reasonable to me to say that her successors weren't able to keep all those plates spinning, and lost (or gave up) some of their control following her death.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

1.A.
2.B.
3.A.
4.C.
5.A.
6.C.
7.B.
8.A.
9.B.
10.A.
11.C.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

quote:

3 - FURTHER EAST
A(17) - The House of Gold Tidings - the gatekeeper of the east.
B(17) - The Golden Wheel - the amazement of achieving treasure without effort
C(17) - The Demon of Death - killing, death, and destruction.

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Empire of the Second, Even Larger Dragon