Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have personally had a lot of fun playing as Tibet.

The old gods start date is probably the most interesting world wide because it really is a time of empires collapsing into ruin and plenty of stuff going on.

The Charlie start date is just too unified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mechanical Ape posted:

Coming in with EU experience but no CK knowledge: is Yumtän's warmongering going to result in a coalition against him?

Coalitions are mostly a joke in this game. The main threats to a players realm are internal intrigue... CHINA since he is next door and since he is in the east of the map the Mongols coming to dunk on him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:allears: May this lovely child follow in her granddad's footsteps. Look at that martial already.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Luhood posted:

I don't play a lot in the east, is the Chinese general just invading places like that commonplace or is this just a set of fortunate events?

Its one of the events that can occur when a dynasty collapses from a civil war or invasion, or in this case from the dynasty winning the civil war. But basically a general on the losing side runs with his remaining forces and goes a reaving ala the mongols.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I can't wait to see what shenanigans our well-groomed LGBT queen of war gets into.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Updates have been of a good length.

I think 10-20 years is a good frame to cover, more if nothing is happening.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kangxi posted:

Anybody up for reading "Inscriptions of Ancient Assam" by M. M. Sharma for an explanation? The university near me has a copy...

Thank you!

I can only invade so much- as an unreformed pagan i can take single counties at a time, but more only if I have claims - like what happened to Guge. If I take a single county every year, I would have enough to reform the Tibetan empire in 20 years.

Given Gyalyum's extremely aggressive and ambitious personality, she may try and reform Bön. Ill see what is something plausible for her to do.

Have you joined the Bon Warrior lodge?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Harmonious would be cool and I think fit.

For those who don't know the mechanics of new reformation when we reform we get to pick traits from 3 fields. Nature, Doctrine, Leadership

Nature Defines how our religion will act

Doctrines are special traits and we get two choices here.

Leadership defines who runs the religion

each pagan religion has its own unique doctrine available that combines the benefits of two other doctrines so is more powerful. Bon has harmonious which combines equality and meritocracy meaning that we would be able to pick heirs and women and men would have equal status.

My overall thoughts:

I think unyielding would be our best choice for Nature it provides good combat bonuses as well as defensive ones without massive penalties. Warmongering would be the other choice that fits.

For doctrines: Harmonious and Daring, I feel these fit well with punch-queens personality. Our punch queen doesn't seem to have any hatred towards men, she simply loves women, and nobody would say she is not bold and daring. Daring also unlocks prepared invasions :hist101:

Leadership: Temporal or Heriocratic leadership would fit us. Note if we pick Temporal we get a free artifact and also don't have to listen to a popelike figure. We would also be able to choose our own GHWs which would be good for us. I thus favor Temporal

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Daring kind of sucks, mostly because prepared invasions are basically useless at our size, but also because if we go for temporal we could just use great holy wars. it would be a fun flavor thing but sort of a waste of mechanicswise.

The point of daring is for our vassals/relatives etc to use it to go conquer poo poo in the name of BON.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

NewMars posted:

Unyielding.
Harmonious, Daring.
Heirocratic.

Another dose of this

Everyone picking equality or meritocracy only are missing that harmonious does both.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Congrats on the new Empire! Hope this means China is in your sights.

There are all the riches of India to consider, as well as heading north and securing all the origin points on the silk road.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It looks like Tibet is going to holy war India for god and its benevolent punch-empress.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hope China doesn't come knocking. This is why we should knock first.

we have a peace treaty with china that should last at least another 13 years unless the dynasty falls. China will not take hostile actions against us during this time.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Sounds like you have plenty of time to conquer India then.

Or build holdings within owned territory. Either one will work well enough. Tibet automatically fills the last requirement Border the eastern edge of the map or the western protectorate

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

How's our punch-empresses dynasty doing overall?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kangxi posted:

We have 47 living members in total. Gyalyum's heir is her one surviving nephew, Palkhorre. He has 7 kids. Looking for anybody in particular?

Mostly Gyalyum's own holdings and trade posts, but also building up the tribal areas so they'll move to a feudal government more quickly. Tse's own vassals also got priority.

Nope, just wondering what with all the kin-murder going on how it was all doing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

yesss yesss

This is all appropriate. Now EVERYONE has been punched.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Just a big fat dumb fellow who likes chess and pickled boars heads. Nice ruler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That kingdom I think isn't de jure Tibet, So the empires core is still intact. Meanwhile the mongols should be at peace with Tibet for a bit and head west to burn a whole lot of other people.