Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yes, this looks very fun! Go get 'em, Gyalyum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Goodbye Guge! :wave:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Wait that dude's house is Mlechchha, really? Isn't that just the generic Sanskrit/Prakrit for barbarian?

Apparently they were a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mlechchha_dynasty

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Proselytizing
Animistic, Harmonious
Temporal

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Akratic Method posted:

How does this work mechanically since China is an off-map entity?

You can declare war on China via their diplomacy screen, and they'll send in a Mongol-level invasion to gently caress you up. If you beat them, your dynasty gets the Chinese throne, among other goodies.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And that is a second bloodline we aren’t passing on. Shame, but it does help set our glorious empress apart even more

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm aware that I'm in the minority here, but I think the Warrior Lodges are stupid and game-breaking.

EDIT
Lest this be taken as criticism of the LP itself, I should point out that I am still enjoying the read.

Still better than Satanists

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

There was always the Guge branch.

Ugh.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And of course he’s secret Old Bon. I mean, what’s the real difference in new and old?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

:ohdear:

These are not good omens, but surely Tibet can weather it

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Aw man. :smith:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ngawang invaded as an adventurer host, so it wasn’t quite a civil war.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Oh, what mod is this? Looks like it will be interesting

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

War! The empire must grow!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Isn’t the reigning empress pretty cool with stabbing her royal kin too

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Clearly a fraud. Burn this blasphemer at the stake for insulting the memory of our beloved Tse.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

the bon gods have sent our liberator

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

A-She covets Purgyal throne, and consorts with demons, heretics, and the Han to take it. End this charade.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yes! The gods are with us! The dead demand vengeance!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

YES

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

1 - MONGOLIA
A - The Dried-Up Tree - associated with essencelessness and being without result.

2 - LATER JIN CHINA
C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - adding butter again and again to the burning flames of desire, increasing the demonstration of joy; though activities of earth and water are harmed.

3 - FURTHER EAST
C - The Demon of Death - killing, death, and destruction.

4 - THE SOUTHEAST
C - The Great Fiery Weapon - the subduing of all others with endowed bravery.

5 - THE SOUTH
A - The King of Power - the roar of brave tigers and lions.

6 - THE SOUTHWEST
C - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - being pressed down by a large hill.

7 - THE NEAR WEST
B - Pool without a Source of Water - assembly of demons from the southwest.

8 - THE FAR WEST
A -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - Ill augurs, as a house burns.

9 - THE OTHER WORLD - NORTH
B - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - enemies destroyed in the east or the center.

10 - THE OTHER WORLD - THE CENTER
C -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

11 - THE OTHER WORLD - SOUTH
A -The Dried-Up Tree - proclaimed by the messenger of the demon Mara.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Buddhist International should be fun :allears:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The sorry state of Tibet's army requires rejuvenated leadership! Aristocratic!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It is clear that Tibet has forgotten the ancient lesson of leadership imparted by our glorious late empresses and emperors- to restore that, we must make ourselves a beacon, hone our leaders until those that rule are truly the best.

Aristocratic Ideas

Aristocratic Court

And the court wishes to know what rumors there are of the great empires of the new world?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Delhi now suffers for abandoning the rightful emperor in his hour of need! The gods, in their justice, have seen fit to topple this traitor and open the door to the restoration of legitimate Purgyal rule. Who are we to reject the gifts of the gods? The time will never be more right- we must restore the influence of Lhasa to the south, step by step.

C-Restore order!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

How many times must we do away with these delusions, these lies? The False Tse continues to fool the gullible and be used as a tool by rebels and traitors to Tibet! The True Tse would know what to do with these liars- as she did when she founded our Sacred Hierarchy, they would be put to sword and torch, and in her name and in the name of the gods, we must not falter! Death to every Restorationist, to their corrupted princes, to their hierophants, to their rabble-rousers, and their sympathizers! We can not allow them to hide anywhere in our Empire or beyond!

In the name of the True Tse, deny these lies!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

This usurper profanes the name of Gyalyum. How many more will come if play pretend with this fraud? May I declare myself Songsten Gampo on a whim?

B

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Surely some of the old Taoist mysteries can be maintained, redefined and pondered further? Certainly would never condone a return to the, uh, falsehoods of the old Hierarchy, but a pinch of the unknown can do much to light the fire of the soul.

Other institutions, I believe, it might be best to let pass away. Surely our glorious empress is the very fulfillment of her divine office! Who could replace her? Once she is gone, will the office not again fall into the corruption that saw the reborn Tse slain? We cannot allow it! A Republic of the Virtues of True Bon is the way forward.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Accept the Material & Nechung Oracle

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C
B
C
B

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I do like Heavenly Republic.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C

L

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Tulip posted:

South, Quality

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Providence picks our leaders, but it falls to the greAt and good to advise them.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Military Aristocracy

B) Devolution of Powers

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

More delegation, and Expansion

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Political Principles and the South.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Heavenly Republic was founded as an answer to a simple but serious question- what is Tibet to do when no worthy sovereign occupies the throne in Lhasa? For generations, we provided that answer, allowing the gods to choose the leader we needed. But now...but now Gesar Lasya has provided something far more definitive, achieving for Tibet victories and miracles we thought were lost forever. In a trial of fire and war, we now have an Empress who has proven to stand above and beyond even the greatest of the Purgyals! The republican regency is over- we at last have a ruler worthy of Tibet, of China, and of far beyond.