Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

This girl is gonna be going places, I just know it!

Also being one-handed isn’t bad—I distinctly remember my most recent run as a Hellenic Byzantium resulted in one of my characters winding up one-handed and still having a Personal Combat score in the triple digits. Granted she was already a bloodthirsty nightmare of a woman who literally ripped anyone who was unlucky enough to get into close proximity to her to goddamn shreds, but that’s semantics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Oh boy oh boy this is gonna be goooooooooood. Get the lawn chairs, the good bourbon, and the popcorn, folks; this is where the fun begins!

:getin:

Please tell me she’s gonna live a long life full of adventure. Please. I haven’t been this excited for a CK2 character since Bear Pope from that Papal States megacampaign.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Warmongering/Matriarchal Clans/Bloodthirsty Gods

We militant feminism now. Fourth slot can be whatever works for you.

(Also these are the traits that I took when I reformed the Hellenic faith.)

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

The amount of harmony votes in this thread disgusts me
War-mongering
Enatic Clans
Bloodthirsty Gods
Temporal

Our queen has led us here, clearly the gods were smiling on her, she and her daughters and nieces shall lead us forever more.

Yes. We must become militant feminists.

I second this motion.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Well, it’s good that you’ve finally re-established Tibet. Now what?

Perhaps some westward expansion is in order? Hey, you need room to grow...

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Well when I did my Bon run I found plenty of room to wander.
https://twitter.com/RodyleCockroach/status/1138351113512587269?s=19

Oh boy that’s some real life goals right there.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

This is why we needed the Bloodthirsty Gods facet—so we could become even more of a monster in the dueling ring. Also because sacrificing people is fun and gives us some pretty sweet stat bonuses.

Any Personal Combat scores sub eighty (or really, sub ninety) are rookie numbers.

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 13, 2019

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Kangxi posted:

It's not in the subtext, it's in the text. It's in the images.

They've been the only ones in each others' 'lovers' tab for the past fifty years.

Finally getting decent Personal Combat numbers. Welcome to the big time, Gyalyum!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

What did I tell you? Now imagine doing all this with that weak-rear end sub-eighty Personal Combat Score. You wouldn't have made past the first duel.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

What made the Governor think a bear was his best warrior?

Probably a stealthy insult. Send a beast to kill a beast, and all that.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

megane posted:

The 90-year-old lesbian archpriestess just beat a commander to death in personal combat in the middle of a battle. What is this game. :stonk:

Welcome to Crusader Kings 2. You get that sorta thing a lot.

Hell, in one of my run-throughs one of my Irish Kings gained the “Valiant Knight” bloodline even though he was the leader of Lucifer’s Own and had personally led the downfall of Catholicism AND had his Andalusian wife (who was brainwashed into joining the Satanic cult) bear the Spawn of Satan. Granted most of my runs are done on Shattered Worlds with custom characters anyway for maximum hilarity, so YMMV.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

This thread is going places. I just know it.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS! Haha, FINALLY! FINALLY a Paradox mega-campaign that has the Sunset Invasion turned ON! Too many people leave it off, but they don’t know what they’re missing!

Oh I cannot WAIT for you to convert to EU4! Backup this save file, NOW. Multiple times if that’s what it takes!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. This is gonna be good!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

:iceburn:

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

No one’s talking about the Nahua Pope. Why aren’t we discussing that.

Seriously, how did that happen?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Kangxi posted:

The Catholics have had two popes from that part of the world. They've also had two Karling popes and one Zaghawa pope. His name was Silvester III and he was a genius adventurer, a mastermind theologian, and possessed.

What are you feeding your popes in your games. Seriously, this sounds amazing. I wish we could've gotten more updates from the West.

quote:

There will be some delay before the next update, I'm sorting out some mods for testing and I'll be out of town for the Labor Day weekend.

Oh no, you take your time. Don't rush it out on our behalf!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

Someone took that whole “body of Christ” thing a bit too literally, huh :magical:

I'd say.

That Stewardship, though. Man. The guy was a miserly feller, wasn't he? I suppose it comes with being Midas Touched, but still.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Kassad posted:

Pope Caelestinus II: a cannibal, a madman, the son of Lucifer in the flesh. But goddamn if he didn't keep iron-tight account books.

It’s because of him that historians in this universe can actually learn poo poo from this time period (or at least during his papal tenure) and get more context regarding Rome’s financial situation.

He was also Just in addition to being a Lunatic. How that worked out I have no idea.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Viola the Mad posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if these two are linked. Maybe in this universe, pedo priests are punished by being eaten. Some filthy bastard was proven to be abusing the power God grants to priests, and, well, the Pope did what he had to do.

I find this refreshingly hilarious given the circumstances the Church faces today AND extremely cathartic for the victims of such abuses, especially since they are so often denied justice or are otherwise coerced into silence. Well done, randomly generated fake world for a medieval simulator. You’ve made me wanna live in this timeline.

Taking into account his high Stewardship, he probably had/made the fairest deals both in terms of justice AND business. His enforcement of the deals...well, there’s only so many times a person can be threatened with cannibalism before they decide to push their luck.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

:getin:

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

The drums beat, the trumpets sound, the men cry out for blood! WAR! WAR I SAY! FOR THE GLORIOUS BÖN!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Leave her be. While having an immortal being on our side would be a huge boon for our court, this comes with the price tag of appeasing said being to the detriment of the kingdom’s long term prosperity. Besides, if she wanted to come to us, she would’ve done so.

Let this sleeping dog lie. She isn’t worth trying to forcibly brought into the fold. This isn’t to say we shouldn’t keep tabs on her, so long as we adopt a passive approach when it comes to observation: Interfere when the situation calls for it, but otherwise no contact with her or anyone she meets.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

That learning stat is horrible. I don’t care how good she is at plotting, she needs to get herself some books and study. Fast. Bad things happen to rulers with low scores, especially learning.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

C

Best case compromise we can hope for.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

A

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Edit: Accidentally reposted.

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 3, 2019

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I’m gonna have to vote NO.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

What is even going on anymore. Will this carry over to EU4? Somehow, I both want this to happen and am afraid of finding out.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

NO!

Do NOT listen to the little voice in your head! We've spent centuries building this empire, dammit! I will not see it undone by some insane illusions!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

What the actual gently caress just happened. No, really, WHAT THE gently caress.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

1–B
2–A
3–B
4–C
5–A
6–B
7–C
8–A
9–B
10–A
11–B

...wait, is this one of those exams where ALL choices are the wrong answer?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

super-redguy posted:

If the nation is in Unity and the rulers do their Duty, then Tibet can achieve its Destiny of becoming the gayest Stellaris space empire.

My inner eleven year old is ok with this.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Kangxi posted:

I do apologize for the wait; you'd think we'd have had more free time with the current situation, but the truth is I haven't had nearly as much I'd like and more external pressure. But we're nearly done with the last few ideas and idea sets, and I promise you I can start regular or semi-regular posting before the end of the month.

No worries! You take care of yourself! We can wait.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Exploration—Let’s see what’s out there and ruthlessly pillage/plunder/exploit it for the glory of our people!

States General—Let the Great Experiment begin!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

B

At the very least we will maintain the illusion of caring about our peasants. Let’s see what they want and bring them to the negotiation table.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

A

Absolute authority is just asking for trouble down the road.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

B

Unless she can provide convincing enough proof that she is who she says she is, she can show herself the door.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Jeoh posted:

South, Trade

The spice must flow.

:emptyquote:

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

B

We must become the America of the East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU