Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I don't play a lot in the east, is the Chinese general just invading places like that commonplace or is this just a set of fortunate events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Late to the vote, still 3/4. Not bad!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Eleven Eleven posted:

Seconding this interpretation of New Bon vs Old Bon. Old Bon is an eclectic collection of folk beliefs, New Bon is an institution constructed from those beliefs and codified.

Not only that, it is a specific variant of those practices constructed and codified. Compare it to Slavic Paganism for instance, where the deities worshipped and venerated in Rus territory are slightly varied from those in Wendic lands, not to mention those in Serbia. By codifying those rites you declare that a very specific subset of them, and in turn very specific interpretations and variations of the Deities themselves, are correct. This also falls down to things like story, practice, belief and celebrations where things aren't always as straightforward and similar as the games would like us to believe.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
What are the Reformed Ideas for the Aztec Religion anyhow?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
This will either go well or awful.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
That's the Aztecs reformed, the Norse reformed, the Bön reformed... sweet deal!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Kangxi posted:

Her grandmother, Malmfriğ, was the one who reformed the Fylkirate. She was the last Queen of Sweden from the House of Munsö. She and all her surviving children died of the plague in 1082.

Now isn't that a story! You reform the faith only for your ENTIRE FAMILY to be taken out by a mysterious illness some years later. That must be a sign from the divine!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Musical Thrones over there!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Hindus in Pommerania, Berbers in Essex, Tengri Slovenians, Mongol Byzantium... I love this world!

EDIT: And how could I forget about the Amazon (Valkyrie?) Vikings!

Luhood fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 25, 2019

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
The biggest problem right now is that Tibet is really kinda... done! We can beat back the Mongols, we can resist China (for that is what we can), we can almost freely devour India at our leisure. Unless we find more goals to entertain ourselves with it's mostly going about our business while the rest of the wheels turn for the world around us.

As much work as it would add to the game, some Custom Events would actually be pretty neat. Say some sort of peace-deal between the Umayyads and the Aztecs to divide Europe between them, a powerful Shia uprising in the middle-east (more comparable to the Mongols than what the game usually provides), the Norse consolidating into a more formidable threat, the Pope abandoning ship (I have no idea how much of a beating the Christians have actually taken). There is much story to be had, but little of it centres around our mountains as far as I can see at first glance.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

the bon gods have sent our liberator

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

What is the top attribute again?

The blue one? Diplomacy

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

megane posted:

The words have been spoken. The ancient horror Flagchat stirs within its dark prison.

So sayeth the ancient tome, the Vexillonomicon.

Kangxi posted:

Without spoiling all of my plans for the EU4 conversion, I will at least need the following, off the top of my head:

Has the game given us anything to work with? Or are we more or less free to produce something useful?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
1 - MONGOLIA
B - The Ground of Gold - where staying put yields good results.

2 - LATER JIN CHINA
C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - adding butter again and again to the burning flames of desire, increasing the demonstration of joy; though activities of earth and water are harmed.

3 - FURTHER EAST
C - The Demon of Death - killing, death, and destruction.

4 - THE SOUTHEAST
C - The Great Fiery Weapon - the subduing of all others with endowed bravery.

5 - THE SOUTH
C - The Nectar-Like Medicine - arriving at the happy stream in the golden south.

6 - THE SOUTHWEST
B - The Vase of Nectar - to drink nectar and gain immortality.

7 - THE NEAR WEST
B - Pool without a Source of Water - assembly of demons from the southwest.

8 - THE FAR WEST
C -The Mara Demon of the Aggregate - Words from the great slaughterer.

9 - THE OTHER WORLD - NORTH
A -The Overflowing Jeweled Vessel - the good field of increased happiness.

10 - THE OTHER WORLD - THE CENTER
C -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

11 - THE OTHER WORLD - SOUTH
A -The Dried-Up Tree - proclaimed by the messenger of the demon Mara.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
So, it turns out Japan has been modded out of the game. Funny that, huh?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
There's no Paradox LP Modernists can't fix.

Innovative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Oh! I thought that was a Current Score update rather than Final Score, my bad!