Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
As the French would say, this LP is tres bon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Akratic Method posted:

You think there are any religious schisms in our timeline that were prevented by pooping?

Socrates Scholasticus posted:

[On the death of Arius, founder of the Arian heresy that rejected the mainstream conception of the Trinity]

It was then Saturday, and Arius was expecting to assemble with the church on the day following: but divine retribution overtook his daring criminalities. For going out of the imperial palace, attended by a crowd of Eusebian partisans like guards, he paraded proudly through the midst of the city, attracting the notice of all the people. As he approached the place called Constantine's Forum, where the column of porphyry is erected, a terror arising from the remorse of conscience seized Arius, and with the terror a violent relaxation of the bowels: he therefore enquired whether there was a convenient place near, and being directed to the back of Constantine's Forum, he hastened thither. Soon after a faintness came over him, and together with the evacuations his bowels protruded, followed by a copious hemorrhage, and the descent of the smaller intestines: moreover portions of his spleen and liver were brought off in the effusion of blood, so that he almost immediately died. The scene of this catastrophe still is shown at Constantinople, as I have said, behind the shambles in the colonnade: and by persons going by pointing the finger at the place, there is a perpetual remembrance preserved of this extraordinary kind of death.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Randaconda posted:

Honestly, they aren't any more game-breaking than the Benedictines

:goonsay: Actually, it's the Hermetics that are broken

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
C

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Almost every ruler in the above post :psyduck:

I have no idea how things ended up like this and it is glorious

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Forget this archaic and unprovenanced term of 'Latins': can't we all just go back to calling it by its archaeologically recognised name, the Red Jugs culture?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

What vain fool would even try to break the cycle?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
How foolish, to assume Heaven has not many children!

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

i81icu812 posted:

Sounds like a vote for A baby

Hell no. I'm voting C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Pacho posted:

After spilled blood and struggle our Republic is more than the high lords of the Plateau, the ports in Bengal or the roaring industries of Sichuan. We stand at the top of the world and at the center of it, more than the sum of our parts. In my travels to Carantania I learned about the fascinating Red Jugs Culture that ruled vast portions of Awiropa and how they had a name for all the lands east of the Indus river, that in their primitive minds extended up towards the heavens: Eisha

So I propose we honor the simple yet clear vision of these wise ancients and rename our republic to The United States of Eisha

Oh great, another jugaboo. As an archaeologist I must inform you that all of these myths were created by later writers and outright fraudsters. Hell, I'm personally not even sure we can call the scratchings we find associated with Red Jug sites to be a true script, and it's probably some kind of limited ritualistic syllabary with no narrative element. In this paper I will *continues for sixteen pages, no primary sources, liberal use of dynamite*