Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

ChaseSP posted:

Honestly I don't think anything can beat Al Andaluse's constsnt streak of bad decisions and bad luck leading to obsessively picking bad decisions until Europe is on the cusp of unrestrained nuclear warfare.

We haven't even gotten to vote on anything yet! I'm sure if given a chance Goons will run Tibet just as hard face first into just as many walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

What does building a pyramid get us? I find the idea of building mountains on bigger mountains delightful but I don't want to get something that's a total mechanics waste for us.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

NewMars posted:

It literally just lets you build a pyramid great work, which is much the same as other great works except... a pyramid.

That's extremely disappointing. We can't even store grain in it or something? :saddowns:

Unyielding
Unrelenting & Equality
Hierocratic

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Long live Punch Queen and Pope Wife!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Congrats on the new Empire! Hope this means China is in your sights.

How does this work mechanically since China is an off-map entity?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You can declare war on China via their diplomacy screen, and they'll send in a Mongol-level invasion to gently caress you up. If you beat them, your dynasty gets the Chinese throne, among other goodies.

So is having that just a big pile of +X prestige, +Y income bonuses or do you start actually receiving events for all the other countries' "send tribute, request protection" etc diplomatic China options? I can see why they might not bother to flesh it out if it's something you could only achieve by basically gaming the system but it might be a cool goal if the mechanics of ruling China are interesting enough to show.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

For someone unfamiliar with this bit of the game: what just happened, in game terms, and what if anything does Tibet/Gyalyum get out of it? (Obviously in story terms it's just the logical next step of Punch Queen punching everyone.)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

You think there are any religious schisms in our timeline that were prevented by pooping?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Gantolandon posted:

Not a religious schism, but in my country a government fell because of a deputy pooping during a no-confidence vote.

Please tell me more details about this.

:stare: There's making GBS threads yourself to death and then there's making GBS threads yourself straight to death immediately

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

nice Haven't seen that expansion show up to an LP in quite a long time.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Galaxy Brain thinking: they'll never find Tibet if it's India!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

No, my lover’s name is also Borte.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

“Eirotatounnlki”? I don’t even know what kind of name that is. What is happening with the caliphate in this world?

Edit: this is starting to seem like the world where monotheism just didn’t really work out. Catholicism has been in retreat for a while, the European pagans are all reforming. I can’t tell what’s up with Islam but the caliphate sure doesn’t sound like it’s following a stable healthy dynasty. I guess the mongols are Muslim so there’s that.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Kangxi posted:

And I have to say a lot of voters are OK with stabbing members of the royal family.

I am not. (This time.) PEACE

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The world is bizarre and I love it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Who the hell is Dompu

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Kangxi posted:

Not a clue. Some random lowborn who became regent and doesn't have any titles anymore. He has a pet hedgehog now. :3:

"welllll the whole upper class is totally untrustworthy at this point so we're just gonna go with the old greek lottery system and your name, citizen, drew the short straw. But you will receive this consolation regency hedgehog, though."

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I like how the titles of the pope's tones down over the years. First cannibal Pope is unbelievable. Second it's heresy, soon enough the faithful are just going to expect it as a given

Ha, "The Uninvolved". The remaining Catholic faithful all like "well, I mean, he's not actively not eating people, I guess. He probably has a nibble from time to time. It's just... you know how popes are." :shrug:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Guper posted:

For non CK2 players, if I recall correctly, 5.0 is the baseline for health.

lol, she's a mass of tumors barely held together by pure rage

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Kangxi posted:

She will have to figure out how to punch inflation though

hmmmmmm

inflation... is prices

prices..... are set by..... merchants?

so, transitively........ :thunk:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Voting lol.

I mean... uh... voting yes.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Empress Theonora posted:

Everyone is all ‘the empress is a lunatic’ and ‘possessed by evil spirits’, but I don’t know, maybe we should hear her out?

I tried, and now the otherworldy gibbering of her recitations from the book haunts my nightmares every time I dare close my eyes.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

:yeshaha: is the perfect vote for this

(Not least because it’s watching from outside, not actually making the decision)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Do we even get China-money from them? Or are they just immediately like "welp, thanks for the dragon throne, idiots. LATER"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

sebzilla posted:

Some of those battles are bonkers. Outnumbered and mostly running light foot, absolutelty crushing it.

I barely understand this game but it seems likely that we only won any of that because of the daughter of the devil's insanely high martial scores (plus a little help from that +morale event)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Tulip posted:

The only surprise would be if Christianity became a stabilizing force for a prosperous future.

Later historians would realize that by eating so much of the labor force, cannibal christianity raised the value of individual serfs to the point where lords had to treat them better lest they decamp to another fief that did.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

MONGOLIA
1C - The Treasury of Jewels - with perfect prosperity.

LATER JIN CHINA
2C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - adding butter again and again to the burning flames of desire, increasing the demonstration of joy; though activities of earth and water are harmed.

FURTHER EAST
3B - The Golden Wheel - the amazement of achieving treasure without effort

THE SOUTHEAST
4A - The Bright Star - The non-dispersion of the beautiful accumulation which has been gathered.

THE SOUTH
5B - The Jeweled Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

THE SOUTHWEST
6C - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - being pressed down by a large hill.

THE NEAR WEST
7B - Pool without a Source of Water - assembly of demons from the southwest.

THE FAR WEST
8A -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - Ill augurs, as a house burns.

THE OTHER WORLD - NORTH
9A -The Overflowing Jeweled Vessel - the good field of increased happiness.

THE OTHER WORLD - THE CENTER
10C -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

THE OTHER WORLD - SOUTH
11C -The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

Taking a vague aim at chaos in the known world, and mostly prosperity elsewhere save the Aztec realms, which presumably didn't do great from sending huge amounts of money and manpower overseas to ultimately be driven back. But we'll see soon enough what it is that I actually picked, I guess.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Ibblebibble posted:

Question, is the Far West Europe and the Southwest Africa?

seems like, since there's "the other world" which sounds more like the Americas and would be the only thing further west than those

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Quality

States General

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Attack and dethrone those who claim to speak for the gods.

They do not.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

lol at Mayreland (that’s an easier portmanteau to say than spell)

This world has a delightfully screwy Europe and watching random things happen to it in the background behind Tibet is my low-key favorite part.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Edit: gently caress, I just saw it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Caustic Soda posted:

What's the difference between this pic and meganes? I can't - I can't see it.

It's, uh, got a ring.

Edit: here's a less-subtle version of the same joke I did before realizing I'd been beaten: https://imgur.com/SbnbvH8

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 21, 2020

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Caustic Soda posted:

Thank you, Acratic Method and biosterous. I think I see it now, the green half-circle on the left, correct?

Next question: what's the significance? The joke/reference clearly went over my head.

2010 reg date and you're not automatically perceiving Goatse and Loss in everything you look at? Man, we gotta work harder at corrupting people.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Kangxi posted:

I realize that I forgot one of the screenshots for the update. I made an obscure reference to the false Gyalyum of Carantania, and here she is.

Gyalyum 'the first-the second', Italian Bogomilist Grand Kniaginia of Carantania.

...what? How did this happen, both the "the first-the second" part and the part where it's somewhere in Slovenia where Tibet has never touched (that I can recall)?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Kangxi posted:

It's a result of game mechanics. It's due to one of the events I modded in for the Tibetan Time of Troubles disaster after the game started, and rebels named "Gyalyum II" keep spawning in other countries. The game also reads "II" as a surname.

lol, her ghost haunts every malcontent on earth

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

A Just lol if you look at the world's most powerful empire and don't think "yeah, a baby should rule this."

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Is that Ulster as in formerly-Irish Ulster occupying the Baltic coast/OTL Finland?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I really love these weird countries in exile that all end up in various parts of Russia. Kinda want it just become the graveyard of lost nations, all surviving as little bits of various countries that tried to colonize and then lost their metropoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

SirPhoebos posted:

B. Ports are important. We can always recover the rest.

Exactly this. Pull back, but not so far we lose the seas.