Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh snap, I finally get in on the ground floor of one of these! Super hype.

Also, ByzLP is coming back for real? That'd be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kangxi posted:

love too be a wild conqueror next to china with 0 diplomacy and having done absolutely nothing to keep them happy

How many Chinese could there be? We rule from Kunlun to Annapurna, surely that must be most of the world! Let them come! :black101:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Do not trust this clanless "lord" Cyrahzax who hails from the south.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ChaseSP posted:

Honestly I don't think anything can beat Al Andaluse's constsnt streak of bad decisions and bad luck leading to obsessively picking bad decisions until Europe is on the cusp of unrestrained nuclear warfare.

The truly crazy thing is that the leaders of Al-Andalus can for the most part legit think of themselves as on the less evil side. They're not, for example, the first ones to drop a nuke.

Obviously Tibet should ALWAYS be dropping nukes.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

RULE FROM HEAVEN.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

drat right Tse is lucky, she's in a relationship with the greatest warrior queen the Tibetan plateau has ever seen!

Also, Po the Ruthless is awesome. Disappointed that someone with such a rockin' name is craven, though.

e: How much more until you can re-form the Tibetan empire?

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 7, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nature: Unyielding

Doctrines: Enatic Clans, Bloodthirsty Gods

Leadership: Temporal

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

117 personal combat score at 72. Granny is a loving whirlwind.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

An Annoying English Historian Whose Name Rhymes With Turgidson:Now now, all of these supposed "duels" were really just battles with the Jurchens that the revived Tibetan empire won. The Empress probably wasn't even at the site of the battle, given that she'd be well into her seventies at this point AND a woman. Next you'll be telling me you believe that utter poppycock about her and Pope Tse being lovers.

(Enter The Spirit of Gyalyum, lightning crashes, and exeunt The Annoying Historians soul)

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 19, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

No one is gonna match Granny Gyalyum for awesomeness throughout the rest of this LP. We peaked too early!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Tse's not much younger than Gyalyum, right? Maybe she should retire to the countryside.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kangxi posted:

She's 82. 83 by March 855

I assume then that she's planning on running for President.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I expect this to be a lost golden age Tibetans will look back on as she's essentially the mother of the country.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We all know what really happened, a bit of off yak meat doesn't kill strong men. Tse is "lucky" all right. Lucky that no one dares speak of her treachery! This is the second leader she has killed, all stemming from when Gyalyum was going to put her aside for a younger maiden! Tse hexed our greatest leader ever and caused her brain to burst, and then cursed our Tsenmo's chosen heir to ignominiously poo poo himself to death! Down with the Witch of Lhasa! Down with the profane "Sacred Heirarchy!"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We're also talking about the founder of one of the greatest heresies in Christianity, so there's definitely an element of divine retribution to the story.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

The death is first referenced in a letter by Athanasius, who was a devoted anti-Arianist and to some extent the sole voice of opposition to Arianism at times. It had none of the more gruesome embellishments nor the very public location, but the making GBS threads to death was still there to some extent.

That makes sense, no reason to not gild the lily in later retellings.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I hope Tse lives to 100, and then vanishes in a puff of smoke with echoing, evil laughter. She's a demon in a woman's skin! She will kill our young leader, don't you dare doubt it!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kangxi posted:

97 is close enough, right?

I don't believe she's dead. :colbert:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

MaxieSatan posted:

The trait between "Quick" and "Sympathy for Pagans" suggests she already has ;)

Until the revenant ghost of Tse murders her.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

This LP inspired me to play a new game for the first time in a couple years, and I think my second ruler could take Gyalyum in a brawl:

She's passed down the wolf's blood trait to all of her kids, got syphillis and went mad around the age of 25, and has like 20 bodies to her name... including eating one of her dad's concubines (who was a commander) while on campaign against Georgia.

e: And then she had a late in life romance with the only warrior her equal, and the only one with a higher body count.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 6, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Poor Empress. But I'm sure the Angry Ghost of Tse will strike down our faithless Tsenpo soon enough, not for his dalliances with other women but instead because he dare stray from Reformed Bon orthodoxy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I love the Sunset Invasion. I pretty much never play a game without it, because otherwise I'm generally stuck with the BBB slowly sucking the interestingness out of western Europe. Plus, who doesn't love some human sacrifice?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I don't think we've gotten to see what's up in Europe- the closest we've come is Anatolia.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Rubix Squid posted:

The less giant sized ground sloths could make a decent candidate for such a critter.

Oh god yes. The midsized ground sloths like Mylodon were over 1000 kg and lasted until ~5000 BCE. I don't think large animal domestication started in the new world until like 3000 BCE with the llama, but I think guinea pigs were further back than that. So if domestication kicks off earlier, you've got a potential for the functional equivalent of the aurochs or water buffalo.

And that's not even talking about Megatherium and the other truly gigantic ground sloths. They were around until about ~10,000 BCE, which is (give or take a couple thousand years) when humans began the process of hunting males of a species and leaving a reproductive population. If that happens in South America, you've got the chance for them to survive as a species until they can become semi-domesticated a la the Asian and African elephants.

What I'm getting at...

This world needs sloxen and war sloths with bigass step temple howdahs!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kangxi posted:

We pursued the enemy to Ramavati(OOC: I could not find this location) and destroyed them.

Based upon some googling, Ramavati appears to have been a major city in the 12th century, and located somewhere near Gauda.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

sloth flu is just a really bad malaise.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The neat thing about this alt-history slothiculture is that the ground sloths lived in a ton of different climates, they were well adapted to both the plains and more alpine environments. They apparently lived in groups, too, so while I don't think they were naturally herd animals they wouldn't get that freaked out by being with/around others.

I think the biggest issues in this timelines Columbian Exchange is the diseases, but since the Mesoamericans got here in the 12th century there's going to be several hundred years for the American populations to recover and develop resistances to Eurasian diseases. We'd probably see the aftershocks of that in the 15th century start of EUIV, and there probably would still be regions that had been mostly/entirely depopulated by waves of smallpox/influenza/typhus/cholera etc. The midwest in 1500 must have been apocalyptic. :ohdear:

Plus, there's probably some type of bad illness that would go back the other way. Something like measles, which started off in domesticated herds as rindlepest and made the jump to humans around 1000 AD.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kangxi posted:

The Empress Gierjïhæi is believed to have passed away, likely of tuberculosis, in mid-summer 1026.

:colbert: A likely story. Are you sure it wasn't the Jiangshi of the Archpriestess Tse? Was there a threshold to the dowager empress's rooms? If not, my suspicions are confirmed.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Huh, any ideas about who was behind the assassination of our dear leader?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Did you change characters after losing the invasion?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Straits of Malacca must have an insane pirate problem at this time in history.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

quote:

Do you know who you remind me of? The king of the Karnatas hires a servant to hold candles for him in the middle of the night so he can see his wife when they gently caress. That's you. You're a loving candlestick. You get hot wax all over you and you just stand there while other people do things.

That's a good insult!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That insult reminds me of Armando Iannucci, which is a very impressive thing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I've always been a fan of making my rivals into councilors, and then sending them out into plague ridden districts. They drop like flies.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm just hype that there still Jewish horselords around the Pontic Steppe.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Teched up nomads are no joke. I'm still working through my Jewish Khazar game (around 1150 AD now) and my tech levels are almost as high as anywhere else (4-5 ticks along in everything but some cultural techs). That means I have almost all the nomad buildings, which gives my cavalry insane attack/defense/morale/movement bonuses. So long as I'm not charging across rivers into mountains my 15,000 strong main army beats up 25,000 Caliphate doomstacks with only minor casualties.

If it wasn't for nomads tradition of clans declaring independence after a ruler dies I'd probably have run over the world by now. Instead I just control everything from Bulgaria to Lake Baikal. Eventually I'll move down to Israel, but for now it's basically playing whack a mole with angry clan leaders and making sure they don't convert to other religions.

The only uncool thing about it is that I haven't had a chance to name a character Genghis Cohen.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Welp, the Norse in this world are going to basically be the Obsidians from Red Rising. I for one welcome our gigantic, axe wielding masters.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I just want to see my dueling Karaite v. Orthodox Judaism horsebois survive to EUIV.

And the Umayyads make one hell of a comeback.

This world is so drat cool. :allears:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Technowolf posted:

So Years of Rice and Salt?

I'd be pretty interested in this, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

PEACE! The revenant of Tse seeks to set kin against kin for gods only know what purpose!