Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I just discovered this LP, and read through it over the last couple hours.

I'm getting even more ahead of the game here, but if you decide to convert to Vic2, I can advise on the practical aspects of the conversion. Especially if you decide to use the converter. I know it's less popular around here than elsewhere, but if you choose to use it I can help you get it working to the best degree possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kangxi posted:

Carrots were eaten, and they were purple.

Heirloom ones still are. And are delicious.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

That was an effective five years. The next three or more may be interesting, though.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

PEACE

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Bring her here

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

A

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I'm not surprised videos like that exist, but I'm so glad I haven't seen one myself.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kangxi posted:

I have an update but not the one that I think you all were expecting.

ByzLP, also known as Blood in the Bosporus, will be back, probably before the end of the month.

Aw, yeah! That's one of the two that convinced to actually join Something Awful.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Complications posted:

Is lpix down for anyone else or is it just me? I haven't been able to see the screenshots of the last update at all since it went up.

It's fine for me.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Aristocratic!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Diplomatic Ideas
Parliament

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

A

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Taoist Mysticism + Republic.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

1 C
2 B
3 C
4 B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Tibexit

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Flag D
Name L

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

South, Quality

We must demonstrate the superiority of our nation via the superiority of our troops.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

A

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Less Delegation

Expansion ideas

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B - MORAL principles
A - China

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

1. A
2. B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Yep, no worries on delays. We'll be here when you have time and energy again.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

C

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Overextending may have been a mistake.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kangxi posted:

I'd be lying to you if I said I hadn't thought about it. I haven't decided yet but I'll let you know. I know I'm not the only megacampaigner to stop ahead of a new game coming out, and I certainly don't think it'll take as much time to mod out a new scenario for V3 as it did for the Hearts of Iron mod for the Byzantine campaign.

But dammit, I still like Victoria 2.

What do you all think?

It depends on how much you like/dislike using the converters to give you the basis of a mod. They'll take a little while even after it comes out to be ready. That's what caused my LP on the forums to stall for a few years (I wasn't happy with the state of Vic2 to HoI4 for a very long while). But if you just do it by hand...1) Why?! All those pops to get right! 2) You don't need to wait on the tools.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B. We must thread the knife edge's course of the republic surviving, and the republic having the strength it needs for the future. We can reclaim much of the ceded territory later.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Technowolf posted:

On a non-vote note, this LP got mentioned in PDXCon:

Funny how that works. (yes, there was a reason I asked about megacamapaigns on the main paradox thread some months back).

SirPhoebos posted:

As usual, Denmark is forgotten.

Wait, did I miss one? Shoot!

Unless you the Denmark that must not be named, that most secretive of Denmarks...in which case I made sure it was on the outline and we discussed it in the talk: https://twitch.tv/videos/1032428222

idhrendur fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 25, 2021

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Thanks! I do have a history doc I'm continuing to compile, so this is helpful.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kangxi posted:

I had the chance to watch this - very cool! If there is anything else I can do to help you out on this, please let me know. I'm very interested to see where your research is going.

Thanks! I seem to recall you were one of the people who replied when I asked about megacampaigns on the main Paradox thread a little while back. The responses there were a huge help.

I've gone and made my history public here: https://paradoxgameconverters.com/history.html. The big thing would be pointing out any gaps. I think I've got most SA ones noted, but any I'm missing would be nice.

Any other improvements for the page would be nice to have mentioned (or a pull request sent).

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

You also missed AfghanLP, though to be fair I gave up on that one due to lack of interest.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923220&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Thanks, recorded.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Add srbja and Friends

Got a link?

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kangxi posted:

I don't know if you have this already, but this was in the OP of one of the old Paradox megathreads:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3234431

With Waffleimages back up, it is mostly restored.

Thanks! I had it by the thread title, and hadn't made the connection to the colloquial name.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

C
D

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kangxi posted:

All of these are so so good. Thank you so much!

lmao yessss.

Not going to mince words: in the very early playtests, Tibet does suffer risk of revolt from not having a lot of its cores. My own incompetence at Victoria 2 may cause problems.

:getin:

Also, it's just plain nice when people recognize those kinds of subtle consequences as features instead of bugs. I'm so tired of complaints about difficulties in holding a multicultural nation together and how players culture converted everything in 1800 and why are people still the old cultures?!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

D
Everyone
Devolve

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Ikasuhito posted:

Are you suggesting that there is something Wrong with Anatolia's glorious revolutionary stool color chart? :colbert:

- Monarchy/Generic

- Republic

- Communist

- Fascist

Communist implies something has gone very wrong. Or beets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Wait, is that uncolonized land in the middle of Caranantia?