Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Unyielding, Ancestor Worship, Animistic, Temporal

Since time immemorial, the head of the household has propitiated the spirits of a dwelling to make it unassailable to the forces of the outside world. When Songsten Gampo abandoned this principle to embrace the words of monks, he put rot at the foundation of the social order, which made it inevitable that the state would come crashing down upon our parents' heads. But it has been made clear that something must be made to change or else another Gyelmo may in time turn to such thoughts again. Make firm the ancestors' words in the hearts of the people and rot will never spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Welp, that's probably the last gasp for Old Bon right there.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Was kind of hoping for a little bit more stability than this before it all started falling apart...

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh god yes. The midsized ground sloths like Mylodon were over 1000 kg and lasted until ~5000 BCE. I don't think large animal domestication started in the new world until like 3000 BCE with the llama, but I think guinea pigs were further back than that. So if domestication kicks off earlier, you've got a potential for the functional equivalent of the aurochs or water buffalo.

And that's not even talking about Megatherium and the other truly gigantic ground sloths. They were around until about ~10,000 BCE, which is (give or take a couple thousand years) when humans began the process of hunting males of a species and leaving a reproductive population. If that happens in South America, you've got the chance for them to survive as a species until they can become semi-domesticated a la the Asian and African elephants.

What I'm getting at...

This world needs sloxen and war sloths with bigass step temple howdahs!

I am sad, because I read this without confirming which bookmark i'd clicked and thought this post meant that the Caveman2Cosmos thread had updated.

Looking forward to the alternate take on Mesoamerica for this particular thread's instance of the Sunset Invasion.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

PEACE

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Bring her here!

If she didn't want us to know about her, she wouldn't have manifested in such a clear and obvious fashion!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

That's the problem with Buddhism. You try to get rid of it, and it just comes back in another form.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

The further west you go, the messier it gets.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

B

What terror does death hold for an immortal? Let her rot.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

We could have avoided all this blood...

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Well, hopefully the crazy isn't a family trait...

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

A

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I suppose after what happened with Tse, we deserve no less.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Hey, at least we still have a nice comfy kingdom in which to sit and contemplate the Dao!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Well, at least now there's no longer an urge to get up and continue fighting...

right?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yes

(Whether it is strategically appropriate, it certainly is narratively appropriate.)

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yes

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

What a glorious mess.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

1C
2C
3C
4C
5A
6B
7B
8C
9A
10C
11B

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Innovative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Diplo helps us burn off AE, and eventually gives us an advisor cost policy, parliament is just so strong it's hard to ever not choose it if you can

Works for me.