Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird.

do not even think about suggesting laws in this, the law-free zone thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.

please do not think about coming into this thread and think about suggesting laws, in this, the Singapore of Posting More

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

ok, but you may be breaking the rules

Manifisto

laws of this thread:

(1) there are no laws here!!!
(2) if you want to impose laws, see law #1!!!!

bird.

Manifisto posted:

laws of this thread:

(1) there are no laws here!!!
(2) if you want to impose laws, see law #1!!!!

this sounds dangerously close to suggesting laws, in this, the Hong Kong of Posting Long

bird.

i feel you reading, reader, and i can sense you thinking, in your head, about suggesting laws, in this, The Gymboree of Being Free, and i'd advise against it

Manifisto

BrownianMotion posted:

this sounds dangerously close to suggesting laws, in this, the Hong Kong of Posting Long

that sounds dangerously close to enforcing some kind of LAW!!

bird.

Manifisto posted:

that sounds dangerously close to enforcing some kind of LAW!!

do not bring up laws, sir, in this thread, the Amsterdam of Posting

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

laws are against the law here, in the law free thread, so therefore, post about laws all you want.

bird.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

laws are against the law here, in the law free thread, so therefore, post about laws all you want.

you can ask your lawyers to adjudicate, but it will do no good, in the Sovereign State of Posting Great

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

thinkin bout how laws should be illegal!!!!!!!!!!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

opposite day in a lawless land: laws are illegal!

bird.

opposite day in a lawless land: laws are illegal!

i see where you're going with this, but there is no legal clerk to file paperwork, here, in the Tiny Thread of Lawless-Quirk

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

there are no laws here. in fact, laws would be illegal if we had the infrastructure necessary to enact such a thing, but we do not.

alnilam

Law? Naw

ty manifisto

vanisher

*begins construction of the pillow fort*

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

the only reason to be a cop in this thread is to make woo-woo noises with the siren

bird.

when Judge Dredd simply walks by this thread he begins to disintegrate, from the mere sight of the Posting-Gate of Legal Hate

bird.

Can you catch what's wrong with this image?

Trick question, nothings wrong. Jaywalk all you want.

bird.

in case anyone is thus far confused, or has any questions regard the feelings we have about laws in this thread, we do not recognize any whatsoever around here, in Der Thread-Lichtenstein von Gerichtlicht-Nein

Manifisto

completing my time machine by posting it itt because the laws of physics don't mean squat here

Manifisto

godwin be damned, NOBODY is comparing anything to hitler itt because we are not law-nazis

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

but what about tree law

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Isaac Asimov's robots just going ham all up in here.

Manifisto

Here are the laws of this law-free zone:

There is no state.

The laws of this law-free zone are unchangeable.

You can only break laws you personally find objectionable.

Your government will always enforce the laws of THIS LAW-FREE ZONE.

If you're out of here, I'll send you back by helicopter.

I'll kill you in my office if I see you outside the city walls.

You are allowed to live without your government because I'm going to leave you with a big bill.

There are no exceptions. Every law on this rulebook is on its own page.

Let's start with The Police. Everyone in this legal-free zone gets free speech and free press with no restrictions except personal security, property, and the safety of others. As for your private security, they pay you only $50 or have you set up a private security company so the people who do the security can use your money for their own personal use.

In terms of property: anyone can buy any building and change it from inside if they think it's a safe place for them to leave their stuff when they leave.

When you leave, you're not allowed to enter another's home unless they say so or you give their permission.

And you can rent private

bird.

please do not think about coming into this thread and think about suggesting laws. If you just want to suggest any kind of rule change, you can try your best to get me in touch with my opponent. - As always, if I can do nothing to help, or if I see someone else that wants something done in this thread, please take the time to contact me. There's always a small chance I'll come along and help. And hopefully, you'll come along, too, if you want to see some action on what I'd like to do. - Thanks! : )

bird.

hamjobs posted:

but what about tree law

the trees are free to grow and post as they please, aslong as they do not suggest laws, or think about suggesting laws, in this Corpus Oasis of Arboreal Non-Habeas

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

Here are the laws of this law-free zone:

There is no state.

The laws of this law-free zone are unchangeable.

You can only break laws you personally find objectionable.

Your government will always enforce the laws of THIS LAW-FREE ZONE.

If you're out of here, I'll send you back by helicopter.

I'll kill you in my office if I see you outside the city walls.

You are allowed to live without your government because I'm going to leave you with a big bill.

There are no exceptions. Every law on this rulebook is on its own page.

Let's start with The Police. Everyone in this legal-free zone gets free speech and free press with no restrictions except personal security, property, and the safety of others. As for your private security, they pay you only $50 or have you set up a private security company so the people who do the security can use your money for their own personal use.

In terms of property: anyone can buy any building and change it from inside if they think it's a safe place for them to leave their stuff when they leave.

When you leave, you're not allowed to enter another's home unless they say so or you give their permission.

And you can rent private

I am for this

Farecoal

There he go

hamjobs posted:

I am for this

I dunno sounds like your average libertarian-utopia project

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

I dunno sounds like your average libertarian-utopia project

I only want it to apply to this thread tho

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

the divide by zeroth law

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

RudeCat posted:

the divide by zeroth law

the zeroth what now?

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

the zeroth what now?

that doesn't look like anything to me

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry officer, I don't think I was over the law limit here

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

"Hey guys, I invented this Panopticon, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with it." -Jeremy Bentham

bird.

RudeCat posted:

that doesn't look like anything to me

the maze was not meant for you,in this, the Quantum Tort-less of Dauntless Post-mess

bird.

okay my superlative rhyming scheme is obviously getting worse, but it does not matter, in this, the Singapor--....., The Hunger Games of Posting Fame

bird.

"Hey guys, I invented this Panopticon, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with it." -Jeremy Bentham

that;s a cool thing to invent, Jeremy Bentham, in this thread here, the Discipline and FUNish of Posting Pun-ish

bird.

oh no... they keep getting worse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

¡ʎʌɹnʇ-ʎsdoʇ ƃuᴉʇsod ɯoɹɟ lɐɔsɐɹ ǝlʇʇᴉl sᴉɥʇ dǝǝʞ oʇ sʍɐl ou