Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Battle Royale, but Tom Nook takes a bunch of people and dumps them into an island paradise with little food, water and shelter to turn it into a resort hell that he profits off of through debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Ohhh gently caress they have multi uniting in this! You can unchain a stand who will continue a string while you switch to another stand and continue your combo.

good to see Kamiya is iterating on the best ideas he brought to the table for W101, that's a brilliant idea.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Crabtree posted:

Battle Royale, but Tom Nook takes a bunch of people and dumps them into an island paradise with little food, water and shelter to turn it into a resort hell that he profits off of through debt.

Only if it has a Hunger Games ending where the oppressed band together to take down their capitalist overlord

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The 7th Guest posted:

one more Arcade1Up cabinet announced

I’m Canadian - how do I get this??

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm watching the Square Enix presentation right now and my ears are in agony from the screeching at every mundane thing. Tifa appears in FF7 trailer; crowd goes, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" I noticed something similar in the Microsoft conference, too, when I went back to it. I suspect they really cranked up the plants this year.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I'm watching the Square Enix presentation right now and my ears are in agony from the screeching at every mundane thing. Tifa appears in FF7 trailer; crowd goes, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" I noticed something similar in the Microsoft conference, too, when I went back to it. I suspect they really cranked up the plants this year.

hmm, people excited about a video game? impossible, they must be getting paid to pretend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Brother Entropy posted:

hmm, people excited about a video game? impossible, they must be getting paid to pretend

To be fair though, Bethesda

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Where can I get paid to whoop and holler over Tifa's lovingly rendered tiddays instead of pathetically doing it for free.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

finally a version of skyrim with only its best part, combat!
And its tied to a energy paywall? This is great!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

finally a version of skyrim with only its best part, combat!
And its tied to a energy paywall? This is great!
elder scrolls blades combat makes skyrim look like dragon's dogma

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

You mean like how they've been paying people for years to cheer at these events? It's not even a secret that they do it.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah there's a segment later that's literally like, "And who here's from this SE company?" and it's the whole place basically.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
You don't have to pay someone to get hyped about Tifa.

You do have to pay someone to get hyped about Commander Keen The Mobile Game, though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm sure the square crowd had plants too, but there was more genuine excitement in there than the other ones imo. there was even a yoship chant when Yoshida walked out, they wouldn't pay people to do that, at least I hope not cause it would be pathetic

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You could really negotiate on that front. I made $5000 from sony just to cheer one guy!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Never expected Animal Crossing to be the first Nintendo franchise to be trans-inclusive but here we loving are I guess

Animal Crossing: New Leaf already let you wear clothes or get hairstyles of either gender.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"MICHAEL!"
"RICHAAAAAAAAAARD!"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

"MICHAEL!"
"RICHAAAAAAAAAARD!"

metal wolf just kramering it's way into e3, apparently

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm not a mechist, that's what's so insane about this

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

cultural nookism

Tommunism.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Random Stranger posted:

I'm watching the Square Enix presentation right now and my ears are in agony from the screeching at every mundane thing. Tifa appears in FF7 trailer; crowd goes, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

This owned actually

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GI_Clutch posted:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf already let you wear clothes or get hairstyles of either gender.

You had to unlock the other gender's hairstyle and putting on a dress gave you a goofy run animation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Random Stranger posted:

Watch the Bethesda conference, where people cheer for a battle royale mode (groan) in fallout 76 (jesus christ)

That basically confirms that its an inside job.

Some of the conferences didn't even hide it, they had half the front rows all wearing company t-shirts. They had a lot of employees mixed with extreme fanboys and possibly an applause sign prompting them to go nuts every other second.

Random Stranger posted:

You mean like how they've been paying people for years to cheer at these events? It's not even a secret that they do it.

You don't even have to pay them. Just give them a t-shirt with Tifa on it and tell them Square thanks them for their loyal service.

They'll be clapping like trained seals by the time the conference actually starts.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Zaphod42 posted:

You don't even have to pay them. Just give them a t-shirt with Tifa on it and tell them Square thanks them for their loyal service.

They'll be clapping like trained seals by the time the conference actually starts.

I kinda feel like people who would cheer in return for the payment of a Tifa t-shirt would probably cheer for Tifa for free

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gripweed posted:

I kinda feel like people who would cheer in return for the payment of a Tifa t-shirt would probably cheer for Tifa for free

Yeah, its just how much enthusiasm you want. Booze also does the trick.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*stands up*

I will cheer for Tifa

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cheering good, hooting and hollering at your own jokes while someone is talking bad

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This is what E3 is, magazines in the early 2000s would have a "Whoop-o-meter" when reporting on E3 conferences to say how big the cheers for each announcement were.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess this is at E3 but nobody featured it, it's giant robot X-COM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul7BQeFbsp4

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Hype is the currency of a trade show, whoever gets the best buzz wins every time. After which comes a lot of “well buzz isn’t everything” and “I think the people with less buzz are the real winners”...

Like, maybe. Just not by any standard being used to measure it here.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

whoah, this is made by the necrodancer devs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Taintrunner posted:

Phantom Brigade has been in limbo since 2017. Its not our fault that they decided to speak up just right now.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Watch the Bethesda conference, where people cheer for a battle royale mode (groan) in fallout 76 (jesus christ)

That basically confirms that its an inside job.

Some of the conferences didn't even hide it, they had half the front rows all wearing company t-shirts. They had a lot of employees mixed with extreme fanboys and possibly an applause sign prompting them to go nuts every other second.

I was wondering why there was so much screaming. I was thinking maybe now reaction videos are such a big thing on youtube nerds who watch them just want to scream and cry at everything. Them just being paid, or encouraged, shills makes more sense.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reaction videos are so perverse to me, like people no longer have any way to connect with actual human beings so we seek out connection in the simulated emotions of strangers. The cyber dystopia is already here.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fandoms are a sickness.

Literal fanatics.

Best to be bitter to leave room for happiness and surprise.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Normally I pick up a pin or two from E3 from eBay, but I don't see anything worth getting this year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to the guy in the Luigi costume going around disturbing people playing demos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbGYfoVxb3E

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Infinitum posted:

Shout out to the guy in the Luigi costume going around disturbing people playing demos

Kotaku had a video of Tim Rogers interacting with Luigi earlier in the week...Luigi had a handler then. Now it's day 3 and Luigi is seemingly off the rails.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://www.twitch.tv/devolverdigital

Devolver is playing Carrion right now and the dude playing is laughing maniacally while killing people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yooka 2D lets you go right to the final level from the start, like BOTW. But if you beat regular levels, you'll get extra HP for the final level (which has no checkpoints and is 4 times as long as a regular level, and I'm guessing is gonna end up being very kaizo).

and it is so 100% a ripoff of DKC Returns and treehouse is doing their best not to point that out. like they seem almost kind of pissed about it and are just being polite "ahh thats interesting. ah i see. ahuh"