Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the AAA video game industry is just another cog in the capitalist machine, and cranking out pro-imperialist propaganda is part of the package. even before this latest instance, there was a CoD game that had Oliver North as a good guy and a Tom Clancy game that had an Occupy-inspired movement as the bad guys. "realism" in these games hampers creativity and paves the way for this kind of thing. give me cerebral bores and BFG 9000s over true-to-detail assault rifles any fuckin day of the week

and that isn't even getting into whatever "live service" nonsense they're going to shoehorn into the new Modern Warfare

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Jack Thompson was right the whole time

succ posted:

Jack Thompson was right.
lol at this though. jack thompson is a puritan grifter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dean of Swing posted:

Grifters built this industry.
grifters built every industry, that's the nature of the capitalist beast

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

does Call of Duty still flash quotes about how war is bad when you get merc'd

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

so this is just a second thread about video games now huh
one is for "video games are good" and this one, i guess, is for "video games are bad"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

no chapo thread and two videogame threads. jesus
the chapo thread was already talking about the twitch stream before it got gassed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

We already got Farcry 5 where we can shoot the dicks off Trump supporters, fairness dictates that they get a game where they can masturbate furiously while shooting brown people.
the reviews for Far Cry 5 pissed me off. they all admitted that it's a good and well-made game, but it didn't deliver the hard hitting political commentary they fully expected from previews (completely forgetting that AAA video game companies probably aren't gonna be delivering that), so it gets a bad score

admittedly the plot is poo poo and says nothing, but if that ruins your playing enjoyment then you suck