Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

quote:

Ahh yes, we've been expecting you. You'll have to be recorded before you're
officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours.

The video footage I've gathered of you will be released for one week, then
we'll see your new form. If you have any other questions about the details
please feel free to email me! We are taking requests, but there is a maximum
five.

I will also be recording you on the day of your release. I know some will find
this unreasonable, but we can't really punish people. It must be fairly simple
for you. There really is no time limit to releasing you. I simply want to be sure
my wife is there to witness that you come up and give a good performance.

So then, who does this work for?

Well, I'm sorry, but I can't give any precise answers right now. What I can say is
that if the performance has been good enough to warrant releasing you for a
week, this will be what we'll do.

This one time has gone by so quickly that we are no longer paying any fees
for it. I cannot say precisely why we haven't done this before, but it's due to a
lack of cash going between us.

That said, we do not currently use this sort of recording for

quote:

officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is
yours.
We'll start by recording you for a brief period of time. Once you're
released from captivity, we will keep you for as long as we feel comfortable.
Once released, you'll begin working on your next adventure, and we hope you'll
enjoy your new freedom.

I'm afraid that I have been detained, as well as everyone else in my unit. The
only time I'm allowed to speak to any individual in the unit is via video feed,
and that's when you hear me talk about our mission and my friends. Any
questions should be directed to me on the console: The Director's Call.

I don't think there's any doubt we accomplished our objectives. We've secured
the planet. We've taken down a monster-type. If you would be so kind as to
come inside and speak to me in person, I believe that may be the best way to
get answers from you, Agent Johnson.

As you may have guessed, this entire project is meant to draw attention to the
real work that goes onto the side projects, like my new suit, or the research I'll
be doing for the AI. So here's some of your rewards.

You may not have

quote:

officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours.

In the spirit of our ongoing game development journey, we'll let you know what
we consider to be, without doubt, the most obvious way forward for this
project. It's called the "Wormhole".

It will be a special wormhole which would be in the range of a galaxy system
about 500 light years from us. The length of it would make the entire
wormhole a perfect place for the start of our epic series. We've also asked
you to share the details with us. You have until December 3rd 2016 to decide
what wormhole you want.

You are not able to choose between the current Wormhole 1 or the new
Wormhole 2.

To all the Wormhole lovers out there, thank you. To anyone outside the game
dev community, I really hate to see this project fail and all but to be a burden
on you would seem to be an understatement. You're truly the best.
:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Grover-Mega Model is back. It's slow but it's really good

quote:

In stunning reversal, Trump tweets "The Orb is here, The Orb is good, all hail The Orb"
President Donald Trump took to Twitter Saturday morning to announce that a “meteorological event” has taken place near the Aleutian Islands, confirming the discovery of an “orb” or “coastal storm.” At 10:15 a.m. local time, he tweeted: “It is so amazing to think that in the 21st Century, no one sees anything so clearly as @AleppoMiner by @BeMyGuestTV. And, while we were in Hawaii, the Orb was here, and we watched as it rose over the ocean, in many places covering an entire horizon, dwarfing the largest mountains and making tremendous waves.”

Trump then retweeted multiple tweets from YouTube news channel The Be My Guest, which showed footage of a large, moving “lightning puffer.” And while the footage showed an illuminated object of unknown origin, the president suggested that it could be a meteorological phenomenon.

The Orb is here, The Orb is good, all hail The Orb! pic.twitter.com/SjKZSM7c8g — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 1, 2019

However, even during the president’s short statement, it was evident that he had not been watching the moon rise over the island on Friday, June 1. “I will not give up on our president, he’s making America great again, I will be there on January 20th and I will speak for the American people until the last breath is out of my body,” Trump said on Friday. The president’s supposed find at 12:14 p.m. came during a partial solar eclipse, but it was a “window of clear weather,” according to The Be My Guest, that allowed him to check on it,” the network noted.

The Be My Guest provided no further details of the phenomena seen, or how it could have emerged just 10 hours before a partial solar eclipse.

Read the full story at The Washington Post.
Related
President Trump, first lady, Melania and Barron plan trip to Jerusalem

quote:

Hideo Kojima is the new frontrunner in the 2020 democratic primaries, with his new healthcare plan, "Metal Gear For All"

Team Metal Gear founder, Hideo Kojima, has wowed gamers and left gamers delirious with his healthcare reform program, Metal Gear For All, for the 2020 Democratic primaries.
Under his plan, Americans would be able to purchase healthcare anywhere, for a much lower premium than is currently available, on the same basis as citizens from other countries like the UK. It is a drastic overhaul of current healthcare policy. But it’s not a radical departure, because Kojima said he simply wants to “provide options to the American people”.
“For too long, people have had an option of the wrong kind of healthcare,” Kojima said at a press event in Berlin. “This proposal offers an alternative option and change.”
The Metal Gear creator added: “What I want to do is provide a chance for a third party to help create something better.”
The plan has proven popular with gamers. The hashtag #MetalHelvetForAll started trending globally, as people shared their approval of the plan. This particular proposal echoes several previous healthcare reforms that Kojima has been advocating since 2010.
“Over the years I’ve been hearing about the idea of healthcare universalization, and I’ve been saying to myself, why can’t we try to do it?,” Kojima said. “As you know, I wanted to make a Metal Gear game for kids, but I couldn’t see any opportunity of that, for legal reasons.”
“I cannot think of anything more worthwhile than providing medical insurance for children, since they are the future of this country. We’re here for one reason and one reason only – to improve and protect the nation’s future.”
To pay for this plan, Kojima asks President Donald Trump to tax corporate profits back to the people, and roll back his various policies, such as tax cuts for wealthy Americans.
“The tax cuts, after all, go to those who need most assistance,” Kojima said. “Who can go against that?”
Kojima is running in the 2020 primary as an independent, and has to be listed as an independent candidate as he has not entered a party. But he believes the number of his supporters will eventually get big enough to require Democratic bosses to back him for the role, because he has the size of fans.
“I expect, hopefully, that I will be successful enough to be able to push the Democratic leadership. I don’t know if they’ll give me the chance, but if they don’t, then we’ll have to see if Republicans will care enough about the people to back someone from a third party,” Kojima said.
“I’ve been trying to convince the Democrats for years that this is an amazing proposal, and that they would agree to it. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to really talk to them. I just have to wait until I have the chance to talk to the Democratic Leadership Committee and ask them if I can make this proposal.”
“Perhaps, the outcome will be surprising.”

Tunicate has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Jun 2, 2019

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
DONUT TORUMP GREATAST PRESIDENT EVER. THE PRESIDENT IS GAY AS CAN BE, BECAUSE I HAVE A SHORT SHOT OF HIM BECAUSE I AM FEMALE. MY NAME IS ANCHOR BLISS JOE BUNN, AND I AM TRYING TO MIND WOMEN INTO BANDFIGHTING TO STOP THE WAR ON WOMEN. MY EXCELLENCY, THE EXCELLENT THUG, DOESNT EVEN OWN A HONDA STYLE CAR. HIS NAME IS JACK KANE. I HAVE A SHORT SHOT OF HIM BECAUSE HE'S GAY AND WE CAN'T BAN YOU. HOMEMADE PICTURE, YOU BITCH. MY NAME IS JERY ROSE. I'LL BE HONING YOU SOMETIMES NEXT. YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT IM COMING SOON. AND YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT IM COMING SOON IM WEARING A SHORT SHOT THAT WAS TAKEN IN A LITERAL MENTAL HEART STAGE WITH DIRTY WATER AND ANIMALS IN IT. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE HOW AWESOME I THINK OF YOU, COME BY AND GET IT HERE.

HIT THE SHARE ON TWITTER, LIKE ITS NOT IN YOUR BLOG

Ran Mad Dog has issued a correction as of 07:13 on Jun 2, 2019

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Welcome! Welcome to City 17. I'm Ed Bolen. Good afternoon, and welcome to this week's podcast. Ed Bolen spent 18 years as a staff attorney with New York City. As an attorney he represents over 4,000 criminal defendants. Most recently he represented several dozen defendants in criminal investigations. With a background in forensic and medical criminal science, he brings a wealth of knowledge to City 17. I am Ed Bolen. The City 17 News Team

"It is my intent to have a dialogue with him about it and see what he can suggest. In the meantime, the officers have been very cooperative and will be doing their best to respond in a manner that will satisfy the State."

We'll continue to cover this story as it develops as well as share any information you might have, whether it's a photo or video.

For now, welcome to City 17. Ed Bolen. And please don't forget to keep yourself informed. City 17 News will keep you posted on the case, as it unfolds.

Ed Bolen, who joined City 17 as assistant attorney general, was named by Mayor Bill de Blasio as the next attorney general. You can follow Ed Bolen on Twitter at @ebenbolen. And on Instagram at @ebenbolen.

We'll continue to provide updates and news on City 17 with you and

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

quote:

Everytime that Rush Limbaugh snorts a line of valium iced with marijuana, he's being an rear end in a top hat to everyone connected with the drug.

His first line: "You've got to remember that in 1980 they could keep their drat records. We got no record!"

Later in the hour, he asked: "What is it they want me to do with that little bag of cocaine they're giving me?"

"They're trying to keep their drat records, too," Limbaugh said, without answering.

The question drew from the conservative radio hosts' desire to see what will happen next in the wake of the Justice Department decision to crack down on doctors who prescribed illegal prescription drugs. (The decision came after the Drug Enforcement Agency shut down a program in 2015, and a second, similar program that used government money to pay for patient visits did not end up stopping the supply.) Rush and others have pressed a series of questions: Would Rush Limbaugh be forced to leave his show, and what will he do if he does or is forced to leave? And what is the effect of Limbaugh's decision to go to court?

So far, Limbaugh has failed to respond. The conservative hosts spent some time Sunday morning arguing that the government cannot impose the conditions on his contract that would force him out -- especially as Limbaugh has said he has nothing to do with the medical products.

Ran Mad Dog posted:

DONUT TORUMP GREATAST PRESIDENT EVER. THE PRESIDENT IS GAY AS CAN BE, BECAUSE I HAVE A SHORT SHOT OF HIM BECAUSE I AM FEMALE. MY NAME IS ANCHOR BLISS JOE BUNN, AND I AM TRYING TO MIND WOMEN INTO BANDFIGHTING TO STOP THE WAR ON WOMEN. MY EXCELLENCY, THE EXCELLENT THUG, DOESNT EVEN OWN A HONDA STYLE CAR. HIS NAME IS JACK KANE. I HAVE A SHORT SHOT OF HIM BECAUSE HE'S GAY AND WE CAN'T BAN YOU. HOMEMADE PICTURE, YOU BITCH. MY NAME IS JERY ROSE. I'LL BE HONING YOU SOMETIMES NEXT. YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT IM COMING SOON. AND YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT IM COMING SOON IM WEARING A SHORT SHOT THAT WAS TAKEN IN A LITERAL MENTAL HEART STAGE WITH DIRTY WATER AND ANIMALS IN IT. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE HOW AWESOME I THINK OF YOU, COME BY AND GET IT HERE.

HIT THE SHARE ON TWITTER, LIKE ITS NOT IN YOUR BLOG

I like that misspelling the words and keeping it caps makes the AI insane.

Metal Gear For All! Bernie 2020!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

quote:

A man chooses. A slave obeys. The slave is, he cannot do it, he cannot, therefore, please this man,
he cannot, therefore, please another man, and he cannot even please himself.

Then this man must, perhaps, love his slave,
will have such a love that it will make him want to please and will make him want to go away for one hundred years just to live by himself,
as it were his own dream. But this dream has not lasted ten years. It has ceased to be his dream.

But now the dream was not his dream. Now this, then, was the difference between dream and reality,
between what a man wants and what he knows that he must have.
The man did not know he could never please myself. He did not know he could never please him.

What does this state of things bring to the question of our lives?
We think of them not as separate states of feeling, but as being united together into a single entity.
So much so that when, at the end of each hour, one part of the day is dedicated to reflection,
another to thought and another to work and so forth,
one might wonder whether the whole time had been spent in a sort of mental,
physical or physical relation to each other. The thing so called dream-states would be entirely separate from one another if we regarded

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
President Cosmo Kramer, the son of comedian Johnny Carson, was elected president while on vacation in Washington state.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This morning at a press conference, Donald Trump said former president Barack Obama "wanted to kill God" with drone strikes during his presidency.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trump Trump, a true believer in the free enterprise system, has consistently attacked the very ideas that have driven U.S. industrialization: free trade, consumer choice, and free-enterprise values. He has been a critic of government interventions to provide health care and education, and has been critical of government regulation of markets.

The Trump campaign, which is dominated by white nationalists and neo-Nazis, appears intent on bringing the world's economic system down under the banner of its new candidate to create a new order that will work for everyone instead of just a few.

Trump promises "landing fields for our citizens" — he has proposed building thousands of these — but also plans to cut taxes and "make us all wealthier through our prosperity." This new version of prosperity has no connection to real wealth or incomes, but all of us should embrace it, and those of us on the right should celebrate our newfound economic independence.

Our economic system has not worked well for too long and it needs to be brought back under control. Americans need to reject the false promise of economic freedom and economic freedom for the masses they once were, and come together as one to build a new world that doesn't have to be controlled by Washington and "special interests."

James Pethokoukis is a former conservative New York Times columnist and columnist for Fox News and National Review.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

quote:

Tips for paying off student loan debt:

1. Don't have a job: Most lenders will tell you that your job is "too risky to be considered for repayment." But, if you're willing to put a little extra into studying, you can save money by paying yourself all the way through.

2. Paying at least 70% of your total salary toward student loans isn't necessary, but it's still a good investment from an economical standpoint.

3. Ask yourself, "What am I going to do with that? What will I buy or rent? Will I buy another house? What will the car do on that?"

4. Make sure you don't exceed the income that a family with a $2,500 monthly income would have without a loan.

Apr 7, 2003

This reads like a WSJ article about lazy millenials

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This reads like a WSJ article about lazy millenials

quote:

Millennials are killing the planet.

Millennials are destroying everything.

Millennials are the first generation to leave Africa. Why? Because they were brought up to be terrorists. The same generation that wants to destroy the planet.

Millennials should be taught to be respectful of those they meet.

Millennials should be taught to treat others with dignity and respect.

Millennials should never be allowed to use anything that isn't theirs.

Millennials should never leave school with a job or a job interview with a resume.

Millennials should never be allowed by law to run for political office.

Millennials don't understand the value of hard work and perseverance.

Millennials shouldn't be allowed to own anything that's over 1 million dollars.

Millennials shouldn't be allowed to eat what no one ever gave them, even if it's in China.

Millennials shouldn't be allowed to work at an agency that's based on ethnicity that's in any way "different".

Millennials should never be allowed to own property or move about any place they want in the country.

Millennials shouldn't be allowed to work.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

the ai is cursed

quote:

Baby boomers are the true "greatest generation" because  of everything they've done for their country and its people.  You can't ignore that and go into this election thinking that these people don't matter.

Apr 7, 2003

holy poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

Baby Boomers are also significantly younger than Generation X and Silent Generation respondents," the Harvard report said.

"The Silent Generation and Baby Boomers also had more in common than they did with millennials," the report said.

"Their views on climate change were also much more diverse in terms of their level of education and economic status."

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
NO C OR O!

"I have nothing to gain", she declared.

It was quite clear that she wasn't ready to lose sight of her aim.

'What do i do now?'

She did not know.

A moment later, she was standing in mid air looking down at the ground in front of her.

Her legs started to move, and in less than a second, all the weight was lifted off of her.

She looked back, just in time, and seen a girl riding a gigantic red dragon. From her position up, the girl's chest looked exactly as usual.

「S-so you heard that?」

「No, I heard it earlier. It was said that she, you, and me were sealed within a stone coffin.」

「That was in a way, I guess. We could probably make out her appearance at least, if we had a camera.」

『…It could've been just some kid's imagination when he made such a thing up.』

She thought that it would be great if the coffin could talk but…well, that's impossible. She decided to not think about it any further.

The coffin was just looking down. From the small movement that she was able to see through the eyes of a human who was still within the stone coffin

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

while I'm here, enjoy some meditations on the goat man

quote:

Oh my God, what is that man doing to his anus? You don't know who that is? You don't know that that is a man?"

And what do you think, was he having a normal sex life?

"No, it's not," he said. "He's loving his anus."

"You want me to go home and get my anus cleaned?" she yelled. "Go over to the bathroom, Mr. Jones."

They went through the bathroom. And while the door closed, the man looked. In the mirror.

Inside a small bathroom at the McDonald's in Midtown, he was naked but not as big as others I met. He is wearing shorts while carrying a small white cup across his middle, and he is wearing nothing but a pair of white tennis shoes. The only thing he wears is two blue T-shirts from Old Navy with a hole in the middle, which he says he bought at a thrift store.

Then the man stopped, and, standing there, his pants bunched behind his legs. I went in and saw it the way everyone else did: He is looking like a man without legs, with his legs tied. He's wearing shoes with no socks on them.

Apr 7, 2003

lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i hope ol kirk is out there, happily showing his God-teir rear end in a top hat to randos in McDonald's bathrooms in Manhattan

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

read at least the first paragraph of this one

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Finally, the ai cracked the GOP's African Americian outreach program

quote:

George W Bush doesn't care about black people  ?????????????????????? ????????????? ???????? ????????? ????????? ??????? The Republicans who say they know blacks shouldn't vote ???????????  ???????????????? ?????????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????? ???????????? ???????????? ??????? ???????????? ???????????? ??????? ?????? ???????????????? ??????????? ????????????? ?????????? ??????? ???????????? ?????? ???????????? ????????? ??????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ???????????? ???????????? ??????? ?????????? ????????? ?????? ? ????????????? ?????? ????????? ????????? ???????????? ?????????? ????????? ??? ????????????? ????? ????????????? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ????????? ????? ???? ????????? ??????? ????? ?? ???? ????????? ????????? ?????????? ???????????? ???????????? ????? ????????? ?????? ????????? ?????? ???????? ????????????? ?????? ????? ???? ? ?????? ???????? ! ???????? ???????????? ??????? ?????? ????????? ???????????? ???????????? ????????? ?????????? ????????? ?????? ???????? ???????????? ???????????? ?????

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Millennials are killing this race of frogs — so much so that they will kill every frog species they see with an ax. It's crazy, especially considering we are still in the infant phase of the baby frog cycle.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

President Trump made his first public statement on gamer genocide on Thursday from the Oval Office, where he urged both Congress and the White House to find solutions to the ongoing crisis."The gamer community has been subjected to an absolutely horrific onslaught of false conspiracy theories about what they did or didn't do on their systems, and I'm asking all Americans to join me in demanding the truth," Trump said. "Let's get this straight: They played World of Warcraft for 20 hours, and you claim they did nothing wrong? They did nothing wrong to the gaming industry? Why are you not going after the people responsible for these horrible reports? Get the facts. Get those [anti-gamer] activists who make up these stories out of business and out of politics. They've proven themselves to be completely dishonest.""If you want to talk about ethics, I don't even know, they just play games in general, but I don't care to hear about it. I don't care if we're trying to save the community from itself," Trump continued.Trump also asked Congress and the White House to work together to address "this huge issue."The president told Congress he wants lawmakers to "stop looking the other way and start demanding the truth," and that he "loves gamer" communities. "I will fight for the gaming community and will never hesitate to defend its rights," Trump continued.Trump also encouraged people to boycott companies

Apr 7, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

President Trump made his first public statement on gamer genocide on Thursday from the Oval Office, where he urged both Congress and the White House to find solutions to the ongoing crisis."The gamer community has been subjected to an absolutely horrific onslaught of false conspiracy theories about what they did or didn't do on their systems, and I'm asking all Americans to join me in demanding the truth," Trump said. "Let's get this straight: They played World of Warcraft for 20 hours, and you claim they did nothing wrong? They did nothing wrong to the gaming industry? Why are you not going after the people responsible for these horrible reports? Get the facts. Get those [anti-gamer] activists who make up these stories out of business and out of politics. They've proven themselves to be completely dishonest.""If you want to talk about ethics, I don't even know, they just play games in general, but I don't care to hear about it. I don't care if we're trying to save the community from itself," Trump continued.Trump also asked Congress and the White House to work together to address "this huge issue."The president told Congress he wants lawmakers to "stop looking the other way and start demanding the truth," and that he "loves gamer" communities. "I will fight for the gaming community and will never hesitate to defend its rights," Trump continued.Trump also encouraged people to boycott companies

lol wow

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Headline: A Korean Unification organization launched a devastating drone attack on Tokyo today to raise publicity for their cause. The drones dispersed clouds of powdered carfentanil, which killed thousands. The carfentanil was reportedly purchased on the dark web from a Chinese lab. The power is referred to as "lethal snow."

Output:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Eat This Glob posted:

Finally, the ai cracked the GOP's African Americian outreach program

I’m the lone exclamation mark

quote:

Richard “Lowtax” Kyanka

‍‌ ‏ ‪

Lowtax has joined the Slack channel of @the_lowtax and is happy for the opportunity I'm giving him. Thanks to him for everything he does!

⇡⇧⇟⇦⇦⇦⋮⇧⇟⇦⇦⋮⇧⇣⇒ↁ

↓⇢⇦⇦⚡≁⚠⚡◅⚡◅⚡◄⚠⚠⚠⇦⋮⇓⇢⇦⇦≀⋮ ⿿

 ‼ ⚠ Ⅱ Ⅲ ⊳⊵⊶⏡⇧⇦⇦⇦⇦⋮ º ⊳⍉⌎⌎⌎⎡⌎⎡⌎⌎⌎⌎⌎⎡⌎

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The latest billion dollar start up is in the same industry as The Boston Red Sox, a new team that has been sold to a Chinese-run group, according to multiple sources.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Believe it or not, god is gay!

In a new book titled Gospel for Atheists, writer A.R. Bernard challenges the literal notion of the word “god” in American religious discourse, showing that the world would still exist if god were just another human being.
“This is not a new discovery,” Bernard tells The Times of London. “Hell, for example, is not actually a place, but a mechanism. Human beings led the primordial forms of life on Earth, and while we don’t know anything about them, we can assume they were gay, which suggests the fleshly entity we call God is gay. He has a hand in each life’s choices, because he is only a part of our own existence.”
Bernard continues: “Everyone who says there is no god is lying. Humans have fought wars, made fire, and even created the ice age. Could a fire-starter have actually predicted the formation of the polar ice cap on earth’s surface? If the world hadn’t undergone the cataclysmic event that ended off the fossil record, we would still be here. Why? Because the concepts of innocence and guilt we have created as our god fit neatly with all human conflicts, so the logic of our discourse would demand it.”
Read the full story at The Times of London.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
honestly it's just so much fun to read news written to spec for you from an alternate reality. i've underlined some of the better details but this whole thing is magical

Thousands of Bears Descend on Small Montana Town in an Event Referred to by President Trump as "Biblical"

The future of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks were on the table before Congress this week, but the town of Gardiner, Montana had its own battle royale. For four days, around 3,500 grizzly bears converged on the town with little to nothing between them.

“The bears were moving towards the highway. The main arteries were under siege from bears," said state Rep. Bruce Olson, whose family grew up in Gardiner and spent his childhood days playing in Yellowstone’s geysers and climbing on picnic tables. “The main artery route back into the town was completely blocked. It was horrendous.

He called the event — officially called BearCordon Washington, an “interagency” roundup of bears that included state and federal agencies — "Biblical."

The state launched the four-day roundup because of growing threats to bear safety posed by aggressive humans. A black bear died in November after being hit by a car. And in 2018, a 400-pound bear with an injured hind leg was euthanized after being chased by a hunter.

During this week's roundup, grizzly bears were being captured by helicopter from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and taken to an undisclosed destination. More than 130 bears were identified during the event, with 89 captured by helicopter, 30 by foot and eight animals euthanized, according to The Associated Press.

One of the bears, identified as “Katahdin”, was accidentally captured in a traffic accident near Gardiner. The 25-year-old grizzly bear weighed about 400 pounds and was a prominent character on the Canadian TV show “Babe” during her broadcasting career. Her bushy brown coat was usually a popular choice for “Grizzly Bear Passengers” on "The Price is Right," where viewers voted on which bear would be picked as the supreme summertime attraction of the TV game show.

"The scenery was unbelievable, but just to be in the presence of so many bears was extraordinary," said Tom Van Cleave, assistant director of the Yellowstone-Grand Teton Bear Project at the U.S. Geological Survey. "The issues facing grizzlies in this area are out of control and the threat to the grizzly population is not something we can count on government help. It's not realistic to think that we can let a million or more bears roam freely into Yellowstone or along the Red River. The federal government seems like a convenient scapegoat in the political arena."

The USGS says the colony of 3,500 bears was likely 20 to 30 years old. But, the cubs seem to be ill-prepared for the polar vortex, as demonstrated by a Facebook video in which a mother cub was frozen to the ground for several minutes.
The grizzly bear population in the United States hit record numbers in 2011, but that plateau dropped to 600 bears by 2013. Some fears are growing that the bruins are being driven further and further into the wild because of bear aversion to the tranquilizer darts used to catch them. In addition, cubs are more likely to succumb if left alone with a dart than their grizzly mothers, according to NBC News.

“If there was something to do to protect this population, it would be something we would’ve done,” said Montana State Rep. Olson. “All we can do now is hope that we can still call this a healthy grizzly bear population in this area.”

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Headline Something Awful(GOON) Is the new IPO to watch!

In terms of crazy companies, there’s no one quite like Something Awful (Goon). They have chutzpah, a sense of humor and the ability to shake up a market space, no matter what their business might look like. They also know how to make money. In the last 20 years, Something Awful has made a lot of money, and it’s relatively predictable. This is because they’ve made waves in two kinds of markets: In a conversational marketing market for blogs and other websites, the company has a flagship site, Something Awful, and a wide range of newer niche sites. And in the games business, the company has created FunnyJunk, a Facebook-based meme board.
Then there’s something more surprising and significant: They are moving into retail. The company has just started testing a concept called Something Awful Home Products, sold online and at outlets like Bed Bath & Beyond. They’re mixing old-school shop fixtures with new technology to take on what is arguably a very crowded market: big boxes.
For starters, the company brings an advantage: inventory. Such big-box stores make a lot of noise about having unique, one-of-a-kind items, but they can’t be expected to invest the time to maintain inventory. So it makes sense that Something Awful’s store, which includes kitchen goods, home décor and furniture, should be tied to the ongoing existence of Something Awful itself. Along with a regular selection of new products, store fixtures may become even more organic – one thing you can expect to see: always-updating store finders on the top shelf.
Of course, even something as old as something Awful will still face a difficult obstacle to start and maintain its operation: physical locations. If it’s done well, this might be where something dangerous happens: the idea might be too good to be true and potential rivals will start getting desperate. The thing is, Something Awful already has a strong foothold in social media and is well-known for being funny. There is already a large market for funny stuff, and the public certainly seems to appreciate it. They could arguably afford to do a lot of underestimating.
Something Awful has had success in retail before, starting in 2015 with the launch of somethingAwfulLive.com, a parody of live event tickets. In that case, it didn’t actually matter if the marketplace was saturated with tickets, because that only meant customers would be willing to pay for a single fake ticket. They were able to capitalise on that in their new retail venture, however, because this time Something Awful has expanded its goal beyond a satire of the real thing. Though the company does have a broader and more official purpose – being a good host of online conversations – the vision for the company’s new retail venture is less of a low-cost viral marketing gimmick and more of a way to use the existing infrastructure to launch an exciting new product line.
Still, despite all their advantages, Something Awful will need to avoid the trap of anticipating customers’ irrational demands. Sure, an Internet-savvy consumer is fine as long as they see some benefit in it. But if they’re too fussy – for example, trying to have their hand-drawn character hand-painted at one of the retail stores – it will be worse for Something Awful than any of the other online competitors they might be entering.
In short, something Awful has no better thing than something that knocks people out. It’s a way to dominate a market, but that’s not necessarily a good thing. Most companies would be better off honing in on a market niche.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Socks4Hands posted:

honestly it's just so much fun to read news written to spec for you from an alternate reality. i've underlined some of the better details but this whole thing is magical

Thousands of Bears Descend on Small Montana Town in an Event Referred to by President Trump as "Biblical"

Chicago is victim to latest bear attack

"He came running out ... and there was no way to find him because he had disappeared into nowhere," a neighbor told the news media, referring to the black bear found dead in the Bronx two weeks ago.

An unidentified friend of the bear is alleged to have taken him to a park in Queens to meet his mate.

A few days before the attack, an unconfirmed photograph was circulated on Facebook, appearing to show a black bear sleeping nearby amid piles of garbage in a Manhattan park. The bear was allegedly spotted and photographed by a New York University-Hunter College student.

Bows and a bowie knife were recovered at the scene by police.

After his killing, the bear was described by animal enthusiasts as having a grizzly-like build and beady brown eyes.

He weighed only around five pounds per square foot and wore a "barky bear" patch on his chest. No one was found to know where he went and how he got there, said the police.

'The bear was a threat and could have hurt a person in the short term'

The death of the male bear comes a month after New York state killed a male grizzly bear at its own zoo. Two females and one baby were also shot by police, who later released the bodies to relatives

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Chicago is victim to latest bear attack

"He came running out ... and there was no way to find him because he had disappeared into nowhere," a neighbor told the news media, referring to the black bear found dead in the Bronx two weeks ago.

An unidentified friend of the bear is alleged to have taken him to a park in Queens to meet his mate.

A few days before the attack, an unconfirmed photograph was circulated on Facebook, appearing to show a black bear sleeping nearby amid piles of garbage in a Manhattan park. The bear was allegedly spotted and photographed by a New York University-Hunter College student.

Bows and a bowie knife were recovered at the scene by police.

After his killing, the bear was described by animal enthusiasts as having a grizzly-like build and beady brown eyes.

He weighed only around five pounds per square foot and wore a "barky bear" patch on his chest. No one was found to know where he went and how he got there, said the police.

'The bear was a threat and could have hurt a person in the short term'

The death of the male bear comes a month after New York state killed a male grizzly bear at its own zoo. Two females and one baby were also shot by police, who later released the bodies to relatives

I'm a fan of the bows and bowie knife detail.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Slavoj Zizek Assaults Jordan Peterson as Debate Turns Ugly

A host of important people came together Friday night for a panel at Emory University, and it got a little ugly. In a speech on psychology entitled, “What’s Gone Wrong with Psychology,” Slavoj Zizek advocated for a return to the “traditional” view of psychology and claimed “Punxsutawney Phil” and “McDonald’s” are superior to traditional psychologists.

After question and answer section, resident member Jessica Krantz noted how her fellow resident students were visibly uncomfortable in the room. Instead of offering any clarification or explanation, Zizek instead proceeded to punch Jordan Peterson in the face. The punch drew some gasps and a round of applause.

Google Executives Concerned About Spike in Searches for "Guillotine"

Google executive Marne Levine told The Washington Post that when she heads to her office, she is once again made aware of the Guillotine joke, reports the Post. The gag-like search query returns when users attempt to search for Guillotine, a non-viral word that Google typically stops allowing to appear. But now its an issue when it comes to referring to one of the office Christmas parties last December. Several Google executive were concerned about the results when the party was around the corner and asked other members of the staff to look for “Guillotine.”
Levine said she was contacted by many of the employees who were at the party, in which they reported they “couldn’t find a single guy who thought it was cool.” The exec also told the Post that there was a computer problem in the main Google system. “There was a lot of whiplash because some people were saying, ‘I thought the Guillotine was about the holidays! What are you talking about?!’ And the computer said, ‘No you’re not.’”
The belief that the Guillotine joke returns was traced back to a student in Canada, who was able to get around the Google algorithms by responding, “Is Google censoring it?” in a Google comment.

Sing Along has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Jun 2, 2019

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Two bears killed in latest bear gang violence.

The first bear massacre in a decade was caused by a criminal gang called A-Team. According to recent allegations made by A-Team's leader, he and his cohorts had taken advantage of their vulnerability and had killed "all their friends who dared show any signs of being different." The gang's other alleged members include a high-ranking A-Team member, who allegedly carried out the murders by cutting his own arms with a machete and decapitating two bears he had been following.

Both A-Team members denied killing the bears, but police say other bears were killed because they refused to eat the carcasses of hunters or because one of them refused to eat the other, an act commonly referred to as poaching.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

quote:

I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that turn the freakin' frogs gay!

So the frog is gay!

But that doesn't make it any funnier.

The most ridiculous thing about this song is the lyrics.

"You don't get the feeling you know me no more

We don't ever feel we belong together

We've been apart the best way we could ever know it"-- the lyrics are so dumb I'm sorry this song would get any worse.
I wish I didn't feel obliged to write it up. I'll write it up anyway!
It will prove that the word gay is actually not that stupid, I think the most stupid lyric I've ever read was the title line of the book 'The Gay Gene'.

But the song itself is so dumb I want to write a whole article just about it.

I think you can probably guess it by now.

The song is filled with stupid lyrics.
In the beginning, they're all bad, then they're bad for 10 seconds and they're great,
then some stupid song comes out, like "the song's really stupid because the lyrics are really ugly and the song's really stupid
and it should be better than either of those two or both of those songs!", then after five minutes we're all pretty sure it's all good

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

quote:

im gay, the gay guy, the homosexual gay boy, the homosexual gay boy, the gay gay boy, the gays gay boy , the Gay gay boy , the Gay gay gay boy. They always made me feel uncomfortable. It made me feel bad. But one morning on my first walk into my apartment I noticed my friend Michael, this gay guy from New Jersey, sitting near me in meditation, and I just decided that this wasn't what he wanted. So I said, "Why don't I look for someone just like you." And Michael came by, he took my hand and said, "Hi Mr. King. You know, that's really odd. You just talked to me like some kind of eccentric." I smiled and said, "I'm not eccentric. We really got along, you know." And he looked at me like I hadn't just said that. It really did kind of make me feel awkward. In the end, we became really good friends, and I just thought, It's kind. It's OK. I'm just going to talk to this other guy for a little while and see if it lasts or works because we can't have this guy getting into all kinds of trouble.

Sgt. Pepper: We're All Gays in Paradise

[19:30]

My friend Richard and I were listening to this amazing musical called You're G

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
In response to the latest bear attack President Trump tweeted:

This bear is a disgrace! He took our country by surprise & he will not be outdone! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 19, 2016

We should not have lost such a great man. There were no political motivations behind his bear attack, but it is not a crime to be cruel to animals. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 19, 2016

The bear which tried to get in my way, was shot & killed in Michigan. I'm talking about a bear whose teeth are as sharp as any man's, yet this animal took our beautiful country by surprise! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 19, 2016

There is no reason for the American people to have to feel guilty about killing a bear. A person killed or injured by a bear does not deserve to have bears killed, or bear cubs killed, or bears poisoned — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 19, 2016

However, bear attacks are not all bad.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

cumshitter is obsolete

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gamers rise up.

This is what we have here, and we are not ready for change. But now is an opportune moment. It doesn't even matter if we make them happy with the way they look after us now. The real enemy is not us, but the PC gaming world. We need a change, and it starts with people who know what PC gaming is really all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

quote:

President Trump shocked the world today after explaining that the popular children's book series "The Berenstain Bears" used to be known as "The Bernstein Bears". He went on to reveal that the name change was the result of a fork in the timeline caused by time travelers attempting to learn winning lottery numbers.

He announced the decision on the Trump National Golf Club PGA tour during a question and answer session with the media.

"After several discussions, it's all really, really OK," Trump said.

He said that he has a lot of time to figure out how to change the name of the series, though he knows first-hand how upsetting that decision will actually make people who know it feel.

For the time being, he plans to play with an English name for the show's English-language edition, "The Berenstain."

"It's funny, a lot of these series, people just don't really speak English, and if you take that to heart, there's another series that just uses the first name but it's very different," he said.

As to whether the series ever changed titles because of language differences, Trump shrugged his shoulders: "No, I actually love it. I like it."

Trump isn't the only person involved in making such a drastic choice. His former business partner, Eric Trump, is