Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Be The New Tory Leader?
This poll is closed.
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson 71 12.66%
Michael Andrew Kaajh'Kaalbh Gove 22 3.92%
Jeremy *cough*unt 29 5.17%
James, Cleverly 1 0.18%
App Mancock 4 0.71%
The Brexit Party 31 5.53%
Rory 'Midnight Oil' Stewart 15 2.67%
Mark 'Wedding Crasher' Harper 0 0%
Kit 'Tokelau Smith' Malthouse 0 0%
Priti 'Little Liar' Patel 2 0.36%
Dominic 'Rennie' Raab 11 1.96%
'Andrea' Leadsom 5 0.89%
Jess Phillips 31 5.53%
Esther McVey 1 0.18%
Jacobus Rhesus-Moggus 6 1.07%
Dr. Ivo Robotnik 75 13.37%
Alastair Campbell 12 2.14%
Sinn Fein Dad 46 8.20%
Pissflaps 199 35.47%
Total: 561 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

I hope everyone here already knows how to handle a firearm or will at least train on how to use one in the next 3 years

e: 289 AD, Margaret the Virgin was born

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

@dril spoke, the people listened

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Really shameful they didn't price it at $17.76.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

seizure later posted:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1145428251533295616

https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1145429257671327745

https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1145430108246814721

:stare:

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 30, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ban americans imo.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does she really think she's not white? What the gently caress lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

‘I’m as white as you’

*inspects profile images
*adjusts brightness and contrast to completely bleach both images

She’s not wrong guys

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Good thing Corbynism is almost dead and we’ll just being going back to eternal Blairites, inshallah.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think Tracy is Jewish (I assume?)

Her husband also ate a napkin at a restaurant apparently.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Josef bugman posted:

Her husband also ate a napkin at a restaurant apparently.

Yeah? Cloth or paper?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

she's still white

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

crispix posted:

Yeah? Cloth or paper?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...y-a3732841.html

This apparently.

seizure later posted:

she's still white

I mean yes, but as with Irish people and other ethnic minorities how "white" you are simply corresponds with how easily you can be fitted into facist blood quantum's

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So does Jewishness override whiteness? Is it like Top Trumps

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I knew we'd get our own Rachel Dolezal at some point, I stupidly never thought it would be Tracy Ann Oberman.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Bardeh posted:

I mean it's more of a "conditional whiteness" like it's baked into Fascist Ideology that people need to be in the outgroup and therefore a lot of folks can "become" white if it is useful or "become" not white if not.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bardeh posted:

They're not white like the Irish and Italians aren't white.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Bardeh posted:

it's actually a complicated algorithm that was developed, and can only be solved by, Rachel Riley

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait is Oberman a brit I thought she was american?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
She was in Eastenders for yonks wasn't she?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

As someone who doesn't watch TV (I guess?) who the gently caress is that mad person

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, she was in Big Train, which isn’t having a great track record for what people involved with it did.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

There’s far too many D-list celebrities that have taken up Twitter racism full-time to give a single poo poo about why any of them are supposed to be important IMO

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guess that's what I get for assuming people's nationality based on their hairstyle.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, she was in Big Train, which isn’t having a great track record for what people involved with it did.

I thought she was the count down woman. Or is that Rachel Riley?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rachel Riley is off countdown

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Comrade Fakename posted:

(Matt Berry voice) Mrs Purcha-a-a-ase

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Big Train is still great, because of Mark Heap and Kevin Eldon

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

seizure later posted:

I hope everyone here already knows how to handle a firearm or will at least train on how to use one in the next 3 years

lol are you american? because lol at the idea of just casually learning to use a gun in the united kingdom

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

My CLP is bringing a motion to go to bat for Chris WIlliamson. I've just looked at his voting record, am I missing something? It looks pretty good unless I'm missing something in his military voting. I'm not seeing the Blairite he's been accused of in here? Pretty much opposed the coalition as well.

All the people I'm seeing screeching about him are, with exception of Ash Sarkar, usually the type of people we default to the opposite position of and he appears to have a lot of lefty support. I'll be throwing my vote behind the motion if there's nothing more than misuse of "anti-semitic" and something something Blairite to go on.

e: The motion:

quote:

This CLP notes that:
• On 27th February 2019, the Labour whip was withdrawn from Chris Williamson – MP for Derby North – and he was suspended pending investigation due to the following comments: “The party that has done more [than any other] to stand up to racism is now being demonised as a racist, bigoted party. I’ve got to say, I think our party’s response has been partly responsible for that because, in my opinion, we’ve backed off far too much, we’ve given too much ground, we’ve been too apologetic. We’ve done more to actually address the scourge of anti-Semitism than any other party.”

• On 11th February 2019, Jennie Formby – the General Secretary – released figures about complaints of alleged anti-Semitism in the Labour Party between April 2018 and January 2019. The figures revealed that 673 complaints had been made against Labour members. Out of those, 220 complaints were dismissed due to insufficient evidence, 211 members were issued with a notice of investigation, 146 received a reminder of conduct, and 96 were immediately suspended. Furthermore, 12 members were expelled, 6 received sanctions and only 24 cases remained outstanding with the National Constitutional Committee. This altogether represents fewer than 0.1% of party members.

This CLP believes that:
• The figures released by Jennie Formby support Chris Williamson’s comments that the Labour Party has been fully addressing complaints about anti-Semitism, and that the small number of cases do not represent a widespread problem.

• Far from being an “anti-Semite”, Chris Williamson is in fact a lifelong anti-racist, who abhors anti-Semitism and all other forms of racism.

• Chris Williamson’s comments have been deliberately misrepresented; they are neither anti-Semitic nor do they deny the existence of cases of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party. Chris was merely expressing a sentiment shared by many party members: that the Labour Party should not be unfairly criticised for its handling of anti-Semitism, especially given our party’s tireless efforts to fight against it.

• Having been a member of the Labour Party for over 43 years and having represented Labour in elected office since 1991 – first as a councillor, then as an MP – Chris Williamson is a loyal and valued member of our party.

This CLP resolves to:
• Write to Jennie Formby with a copy of this motion, outlining our profound disappointment at the decision to suspend Chris Williamson and our expectation that he has the Labour whip reinstated immediately, along with his full rights as a member of the Labour Party.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 30, 2019

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

My main Chris Williamson position is that Chris Williamson should shut up, and everyone else should shut up about Chris Williamson.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Bundy posted:

My CLP is bringing a motion to go to bat for Chris WIlliamson. I've just looked at his voting record, am I missing something? It looks pretty good unless I'm missing something in his military voting. I'm not seeing the Blairite he's been accused of in here? Pretty much opposed the coalition as well.

All the people I'm seeing screeching about him are, with exception of Ash Sarkar, usually the type of people we default to the opposite position of and he appears to have a lot of lefty support. I'll be throwing my vote behind the motion if there's nothing more than misuse of "anti-semitic" and something something Blairite to go on.

vote with your conscience, friend

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Big Train is still great, because of Mark Heap and Kevin Eldon

Is he an actor or something?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

vote with your conscience, friend

I am, I just want to make sure I'm not missing some form of Milkshake Duck or Galaxy O'Brien disaster. It would be all to easy too just dismiss any accusations made against someone because of all the false allegations being thrown around, nor would I want to back someone on this and discover they shoved Blair to the side to demand an invasion of Iraq.

e:

Someone's really not impressed with the article on Corbyn's health (edited with thread to cover other info):
https://twitter.com/teachertwit2/status/1145375359417966593

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 1, 2019

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bundy posted:

I am, I just want to make sure I'm not missing some form of Milkshake Duck or Galaxy O'Brien disaster. It would be all to easy too just dismiss any accusations made against someone because of all the false allegations being thrown around, nor would I want to back someone on this and discover they shoved Blair to the side to demand an invasion of Iraq.

Ignore the screeching and make your own informed decisions. I'd say you've done due diligence in viewing voting history and exploring the facts without resorting to twitter as a bastion for all information.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I think it was in this thread that someone mentioned how the CPGB had tons of property and how nobody knows what happened to it when it all went tits up? well I've been bored and reading about left grouplets and stumbled across a really boring lib pressure group that inherited two buildings they owned. I feel like a detective solving a mystery nobody cares about

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
and by 'solving' I mean reading publicly accessible information

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Fakename posted:

What did the big train people do?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Regarde Aduck posted:

What did the big train people do?

One of the writers was Graham Linehan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New thread is up!

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

a detective solving a mystery nobody cares about
This would have been a good title though.