Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hitting heroic feels like hitting a major grind wall. Why does everything cost so many multiple orbs to upgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Winterwing Skraev Trip Report:

1. Holy poo poo
2. got one shot with 500 res for my first hit what the hell
3. My fucken' eyes

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Dazerbeams posted:

Hitting heroic feels like hitting a major grind wall. Why does everything cost so many multiple orbs to upgrade?

They have to keep you coming back. Imaging it was lower cost and you maxed out everything quickly.
You will get bored much faster. I stayed up until 2am in hopes of getting that one last part last night =/

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Shooting a Skarn out of it's vortex attack with a pike laser makes you feel like a god.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Jedrick posted:

Shooting a Skarn out of it's vortex attack with a pike laser makes you feel like a god.

ever try doing it with grenades? so freaking hard when you are in a team, one slight change and you miss.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Anyone want to group up for games? Is there a discord that Dauntless goons could use?

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Spacedad posted:

Anyone want to group up for games? Is there a discord that Dauntless goons could use?

That would be nice. If you ever looking for someone to do things with you can always add me

NamesGoesHere

Mind the Ss. I screwed up when making the name.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

ragedx posted:

That would be nice. If you ever looking for someone to do things with you can always add me

NamesGoesHere

Mind the Ss. I screwed up when making the name.

Cool, I'll be down to play later.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does anyone want to take over the guild?

I don't have time to maintain it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Any idea how the damage is calculated? Sometimes an attack that normally hits me for a fifth of my health at most will kill me in a single shot. No idea what is different or if I did something wrong.

Also, anyone know what the store rotation is? The developers are apparently idiots with monetization because there's an arrival I want and would buy tonight but it's not currently in the store.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

I think it depends on your gear/gear level when you go after different monsters.

Side note* Do we even have a good amount of players in the game to keep a group going?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I've been distracted by other games over the past few weeks, still like Dauntless and will probably get back into it once the Switch version comes out.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I play on PS4 with same nick (kalensc) and add any who send the request. Hammer main and hold my own vs Rezakiri/Shrowd.

Keen to practice other weapon types though, so I'm happy to join folks for any patrol, Neutral Orb through Heroic+.

Can also help someone stuck grinding a particular quest (Embermane hides, etc) or farming specific drops.

Happy hunting all! <3

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Inzombiac posted:

Does anyone want to take over the guild?

I don't have time to maintain it.

I can if you no longer want to deal with it and no one stepped up

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Dazerbeams posted:

I hit heroic this week and the grind is real, but it also kind of feels like I’ve come through a gear/skill barrier as well. I’m playing with a sword and just wrecking behemoths in a good fight, have a +9 sword and two +10 bits of armour. Plus the Hell helmet schematics dropped a few hours ago and now I have that at +9 too. The unique trait seems like it’d be really good for warpikes.

I actually kind of like that you do still have to queue up for a basic elemental control. It keeps those queues running quickly, and if you jump into one with heroic gear you feel like a murder god.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You guys weren't joking about the 300/dire wall. These idiots don't even use their self revives and tank the whole hunt for it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You guys weren't joking about the 300/dire wall. These idiots don't even use their self revives and tank the whole hunt for it.

That can be smart, depending on context. Early in a fight, it’s usually better to lie down for bit if you drop and let your team mates revive you, particularly if the fight looks like it’s going to be rough. That way, you’ll have your revives left once the fight inevitably hits the Danger Zone.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Coq au Nandos posted:

That can be smart, depending on context. Early in a fight, it’s usually better to lie down for bit if you drop and let your team mates revive you, particularly if the fight looks like it’s going to be rough. That way, you’ll have your revives left once the fight inevitably hits the Danger Zone.

Sure, except it mostly happens in pub matches against easy poo poo and there's no reason to end up in the danger zone anyway except for the dummies who refuse to get the gently caress up.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nope, these are idiots who die in the opening 30 seconds, get revived, and die again in 30 seconds. I stopped picking them up after 5 times.

Is there any way to make Boreus fun? Because I currently loathe that fight.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
Nah, it stays poo poo no matter what.

I’ve been working on some masteries, hunting monsters in their own gear, and even the weakest boreus, at threat level 3 is a goddamn chore. Even with. +15 weapon...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Boreus, the invisible bug, and the fast embermane are my least favorite fights in the game.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Embermane is fun with the axe throw special. Every time it charges you just yeet it in the face.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Matazat posted:

Embermane is fun with the axe throw special. Every time it charges you just yeet it in the face.

I think the hammer is a bit safer but the axe for sure is more fun

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Game is currently a piece of poo poo. I'm attempting to do dire patrols and it's giving me literally nothing but riftstalkers (6 in a row so far) or boreuses. I haven't been on a hunt in the last three queues because I keep quitting the game. loving gently caress.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matazat posted:

Weighted Strikes +6 chain blades are pretty safe for yeeting purposes as well.

Here is a very excited European man discussing the topic of ‘boopink’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6mWEDHM9s

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Boreus is great, love the chaos.

Add me if you hit a wall, I can help and be a reliable hammerer/medic.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
The more I play the more the fights feel like a big unfun mess.

Grinding shrowd for a leg break drop, and just nothing, so sick of it and I logged around 500 hours of MHW, so lovely drop rates aren’t a new thing. But the fights in MHW never felt this unfair, shrowd in particular applies a dot that also slows you and the only way to clear that is to hit him...a flying highly mobile enemy that also has periods where it effectively disappears while carpet bombing the ground with more dot poo poo.

I would love to see the devs actually playing this game and watching their reactions to this bullshit.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

AggroJagg posted:

The more I play the more the fights feel like a big unfun mess.

Grinding shrowd for a leg break drop, and just nothing, so sick of it and I logged around 500 hours of MHW, so lovely drop rates aren’t a new thing. But the fights in MHW never felt this unfair, shrowd in particular applies a dot that also slows you and the only way to clear that is to hit him...a flying highly mobile enemy that also has periods where it effectively disappears while carpet bombing the ground with more dot poo poo.

I would love to see the devs actually playing this game and watching their reactions to this bullshit.

A lot of that stuff you can avoid once you learn the fight better

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
New hunt pass is live today. Pirate themed too.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

They added this new trials thing and changed a quarter of the city to accommodate it, and you can't even do it because the lady is broken. Off to a great start.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I wish they’d take some time out of making new content and make the stuff they have better. I know that’s probably not how game development works but some stability and polish and QOL would be highly appreciated on my end.

Or again just give me a single player town.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Everything is broken. Matchmaking, trials, icons, everything.

Let's try again tomorrow.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Works ok on PS4 except for the new shop. Audio did go out once but returned after a game restart.

Trial is tough but fun! Got the lvl19 in 2m45s~ with a team of pubs, but the lvl22 is brutal. Will need to try solo to learn it's patterns better, the ice and shocks are overwhelming.

Epic nick is kalensc if you're looking to add a goon.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Framerate is terrible for one of the desert maps. Framerate drops when you use the second chain blade special. Females shoulders clip through the jacket. How did some of this make it through QC?

Not to say I'm not enjoying the game, but it's a little frustrating.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Playing on PC:

Anyone else having some absolutely horrible issues since the patch? I get hitching in town and in hunts. Whenever I open a menu (like patrols) half the icons (like rewards) aren't loaded in, instead having a placeholder icon that, once the menu is open, will start stuttering anything I'm streaming on my secondary monitor because it's acting like it's downloading a fuckton of data. I'm having a lot more "Oh wait, no, sorry, you got hit, let's just put you on the ground" issues and I've had at least one hunt where I loaded in with half the UI missing that finally booted me out of the game completely several minutes into the hunt claiming I never connected to the server.

The most innocuous thing I've had so far was loading into a lobby with my name displayed as "258."

e: I'm playing as I post this and the current problem is that ALL of my masteries are showing 0. Not just showing 0, but acting like it. I'm trying to upgrade a weapon and it's telling me I need to be Slayer Mastery 8 even though I'm 26.

This patch has pretty much broken the game.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 20, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, on reddit, the update seems kinda reviled.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

The devs at least seem active and aware of the issues. I keep getting the console bug where the sound starts incrementally breaking until you’re fighting in silence. Not super fun but not absolutely gamebreaking either.

Oh, could someone please add me to the Goon guild? Xbox gamer tag is BeardedFerret, and I’m GolfDaddy69 on Epic.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Played for like 10 hours with a friend today, to about level 14, just before the Dire stuff starts. The only issue we encountered was one instance crashed, it's been smooth outside of that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I played almost ten hours today myself, most of the issues are smoothing out. It's still a highly enjoyable game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zazzix
Aug 29, 2012
Ingame name is Zazzix just discovered this tonite