Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I played this back in the open beta and I'm glad to see it's still going! I installed because why not, and it's had some pretty sweeping improvements. Had fun tooling around and slaying monsters and learning how the weapons work now. Are the little platform icons by people's names telling me they've got actual cross platform play going? If so that's pretty dope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I like what they've done with this game, but it kind of makes me want to try Monster Hunter World. How do the two compare?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Inzombiac posted:

Test your hammer skills against that annoying Terra bug.
It's fast, it's invisible and it has wounding ranged attacks!

I hate it!
(But I love the weapons and armor)

I tried that bug the other night with an axe and it was just loving embarrassing. No such problems with a pike and especially sword though.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Bogart posted:

I have no idea how to deal with the bug swarm. I think you're supposed to attack to get em off, but with repeaters, it seems like it just doesn't work. Still though, I'll take the bugs before the fucker who goes invincible and calls down its little friends you gotta kill to do chip down its armor.

With the bug swarms you can attack multiple times to get rid of them, kind of like fire and rolling. Or a friendly can attack you once and get rid of them.

No one ever bothers attacking their allies, and everyone always charges when he comes down to start swarming. Then instead of doing damage, they end up sitting in a cloud of bugs being staggered and stuck with the status effect afterwards.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Zenithe posted:

Frost boss that summons dragons is the dumbest fight I’ve done so far though.

I appreciate the idea behind the mechanic, but you're a little limited in what weapons will be effective for killing the dragons so that you can break the ice armor on the behemoth. Or just have a single competent gun user, and they can solo the entire thing.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
At 380 power I have still never once beaten scorchstone hellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I started playing this again after like, a year away and it's pretty fun! The reforged update seems cool, some of the later tier monsters are actually pretty challenging, and if you do the island events you have a steady enough supply of cores that with the middleman to upgrade the cells you get from them there's a lot of potential for build diversity. There's a lot of different ways to play, from casual island hunting in the hunting grounds to super intense leaderboard chasing in trials. If you're burned out on Monster Hunter like me there's a lot of fun to be had in this game!