Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Sacred Stones was my introduction to the series, but I prefer Hector and Eliwood's Excellent Adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I wanna play these Randomizers so bad but my VBA is loving up all to hell. Save files and save states keep corrupting and I can't figure out why or how to fix it

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Wait, who did Dart replace on that map?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Maybe I'm remembering wrong because I haven't played in a few years but doesn't Actual Heath show up after meeting Athos? Or is he one of those characters who makes an early cameo in the form of a big neon sign that says "I can be recruited at some unspecified point in the future that may or may not make sense"?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've always thought Serra looked like Sailor Moon so now I think we need a Sailor Moon reboot where she wields an axe instead of a tiara/sickle-wand/a scepter/ a stronger scepter/ a kaleidoscope/a stronger scepter/a stronger scepter with a cup on it

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Sorites posted:

What's your Heath again? Because almost any class is hilarious with way too much movement, but some are even better than usual.

I once cheated in a few pairs of Boots at the beginning of Sacred Stones because something inside of me told me that Gilliam is absolutely the kind of person who would train and train and train until he could sprint across the battlefield in full armor and carrying 5 spears and dammit, I was to be the Chosen One who would make "Gotta Go Fast Gilly" (as he's known to his friends) happen.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I love that even in Randomizers Joshua is, at absolute worst, usable. I've never seen a Joshua get benched. Must be the hat. It's the Freya-effect.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'd like to see you move faster with Oswin on your back :colbert:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
After the hell this game put me through the only time I played, seeing that Dieck and Lillina is incredibly therapeutic

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Decided to give Sacred Stones a shot. So far I've got an Eirika archer (which worked out great since the prologue boss was a Pegauss Knight) with usable bases and decent growths, Great Lord Spear Edition Seth who doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot beyond that, Soldier Gilliam whose gonna be benched sooner rather than later, Cavalier Franz who we'll see about (so again, nothing new there), Dancer Vanessa with a magic growth of 50 so again, we'll see and Moulder the Boulder, a Fighter who lives up to all their stereotypes. So far, nothing too much out of the ordinary for me, although I like the addition of abilities.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Thunder God Dorcas. Someone get this man a brown, hooded cloak

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Even in randomizers, no one likes Isadora. I mean, those are great bases, but level 1 at this point...oof. But then again, I always train up Nino, so who am I to talk?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The thoughts of perfect levels in 6 confuses and frightens me

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Please stop using the Devil Axe so much, you're going to give me a heart attack. Like Fir, I do not have the CON to take the constant fear of self-inflicted death.

Dare we hope for a return of Fir the Axe Magnet?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Weeble posted:

I feel like this seed is trying to tell you something.

Trying to really hammer something home.

I think you hit the nail on the head

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Faillen Angel posted:

When depromoted, stats above the cap will revert to Corsair's caps (ie; all 20).

Chapters 5 and 6: things get weird in this one

I genuinely love that even Bizarro-Gonzales is still turning into Gonzales

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Agreed. Move is such an important stat in strategy games that it makes me reluctant to risk anything to it. What if I get no one with a move higher than 4?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I mean, let's be real. Who among us has NOT dreamt of an unbreakable Bolting tome light enough to attack twice with?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

FoolyCharged posted:

Yay! You proved the guy wrong!

Wait, when did I become a bad guy?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Minus Green posted:

The fact that Dorcas can still pull off Bolting shenanigans in Kishuna's No Fun Magic Allowed Zone is :allears:

Serra's almost a better Hector than, uh, Hector. She can wield Armads because the game knows who the real hero is :colbert:

Serra, no matter what universe, is crazy competent despite...everything about her. I tend to front line OG her simply because she's ALWAYS gonna be a dodge tank. Too bad Light magic is awful in this game.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Even though I've played these three games countless times, I've never used a Siege tome. "What if I somehow unlocked a super secret map that no one has discovered after the final boss and I need it THEN?" is an actual thought that passes through my mind

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Has Sue been tested for performance enhancing drugs?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

FoolyCharged posted:

But he DOES look like a Lego man. Just saying.

Racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Wait, you can recruit Percival then?! I mean, I guess it's not huge since the only map between now and the next time he appears is a dessert map (and a possible bonus map), but still.