Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

:yeshaha:

This is pretty much the best mess I could ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

That next map...

What the hell did you even do?!?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Turns out having access to a bunch of axe class in a randomizer kinda sucks! At least Sacred Stones lets you get weird poo poo like eyeballs to help out.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

I...what?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

I'm really curious to know what his growths would have been though. :(

Also, that HP is massive, for a pre-premote at least.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Yeah, I can see why you just killed him.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

And I really wanted to see if you could Triangle Attack with three random rear end Peg Knights...

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

FoolyCharged posted:

Welp. that was not what I expected.

runs before the random allocation of other base stats. It literally starts by randomly pumping a decent chunk of points into luck, making it far more likely to get a ton of the points assigned.:psyduck:

Doing it by delta doesn't seem to do any of that and probably wouldn't produce luck monsters.

Do you mean that it's the first stat to run in an array (and thus, the order for every stat is the same everytime), or that luck is an exception and all the other stats are actually random?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

FoolyCharged posted:

That script forcibly adds points to the new luck stat. The program then does a loop that picks random stats to assign the remaining points, including in luck. So everyone is guaranteed 3+ points of their characters bases on luck before a single die roll.

Ah, that's both so all of your units have at least a chance to get desert items and so you aren't guaranteed to get hosed over by enemy crit rate. A unit with less than 3 points in luck would be almost guaranteed to get crited eventually, which would be incredibly bad at the start of the game. Otherwise, three points is pretty much irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

vilkacis posted:

Getting hosed over by crit rate is part of the "random", though. It certainly doesn't take measures to prevent maps from being unbeatable without rng abuse, so why should it worry about crit rates?

One map being unwinnable is just something that can happen, and crazy weapons can be good or bad for the player, but having to reset because every enemy is eventually guaranteed to eventually get a crit on a possibly mandatory unit (at a time when none of your units can tank such a hit) is just busywork. It's a problem that's guaranteed to span a bunch of maps, and it can be easily solved.