Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Why would you let me know this exists not four days before I have an exhibition to show off at? Must... restrain.... hand...

In all seriousness, wow. This does look fun. I'll content myself with reading... for now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I dunno, I am all about Valter's hideous living axe covered in purple veins.

That's seriously all I can see it as.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Was Dragon Ike an enemy Red Dragon, then? Because the only one I remember you getting in this game is Ena and I remember her being pink as a nod to her heritage.

Are Black Dragons in FE9? I'm guessing not but they might be dummied.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

thetruegentleman posted:

That next map...

What the hell did you even do?!?

Hardcore training, what else?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bloodly posted:

Hmm? Is Sephiran's skill a placeholder, then?

I would assume so, given that neither the BK nor Ashnard possess it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Ah yes, the "Stop Hitting Yourself" skill.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wow, Eirika-coloured Ephraim really looks super good.

About the other one... He's glowing. I can't imagine that's a bad thing. He must be full of power to glow like that.

He has eaten the hottest chili on the planet and become one with the spice.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I do quite like FalcoSain's mint toothpaste pegasus.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Thunder God Dorcas (and his backing band) is truly the skeleton key to all of the game's puzzles. :allears:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
On the one hand, 80 levels.

On the other hand, 80 levels.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Right then. Nobody's done one for FE4, and I find myself with an abundance of free time, so here goes.

This is a massive game, and I'll assume you've seen most of it.

Settings I'm using:
Redistributed Growths (+/-30% total growths), HP included. STR or MAG will be swapped if, say, a Magic using class has a higher STR. Classes that use both are not swapped. You're expected to field all your units in this game, and I'm trying to not render it unwinnable.

Redistributed Bases (+/- 5 stats total).

Holy Blood growth bonuses are not randomised, so the thread can have some eugenics fun-times making horrifying supersoldiers. Characters with no Holy Blood have 30% chance to sprout a Minor, and 20% chance to sprout a Major. This is because I want to show off a couple neat things the randomiser can do. Characters who already have Major blood can't gain any more, but their Major can change. Minor characters can gain an extra minor, possibly in the same type.

Skills are randomised but everyone keeps the same number of Personal skills as in vanilla. Sorry, Edain. The sword skills are less likely to pop up than the others. Everyone has a 50% chance of rolling Pursuit as their first skill.

Classes are randomised, including Lords, Thieves, Healers and Julia, but not Dancers. Dancers almost never turn up in practice if you let them randomise; most female units are locked in some way or another (Fury always needs to be able to fly, Ethlin is always mounted, etc.) Child character classes are random too, as are promotions -- the only rule is promotions must match at least one weapon type.

Shops are randomised.

Conversation gifts are randomised but will always be something the recipient can use.

Starting weapons are randomised.

Enemies, arena enemies and bosses are randomised, and also receive +50% to every growth rate. So a 60% STR growth becomes 90%. They also have a 100% chance to upgrade equipment including "fun" things like Brave and Killer weapons (not in the Prologue though). This is to offset me giving out Holy Blood like candy and will DEFINITELY bite me in the rear end at some point.

Finally, Rings are randomised too because why not.

00 Prologue - Baron Gandolf's PMC
01 Chapter 1, Part 1 - The Winds of Nodion
02 Chapter 1, Part 2 - Twin Swords of Light
03 Chapter 2, Part 1 - Can't Save Everyone...
04 Chapter 2, Part 2 - Alec Breaks Reality, and Stealing Via Conflagration

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 28, 2019

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Cheers, fixed it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hi everyone, I just want to drop in and say I'm not dead, I just got whisked away on a surprise holiday as a celebration of graduating university. As such I don't have access to my PC for more FE4 right now, but rest assured, I'll return to keep up the genealogy of the holy bullshit.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

I'm back, having shaken off an epic hangover, so let's get through the first half of Chapter 1, shall we?

01 Chapter 1, Part 1 - The Winds of Nodion

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
On the other hand, having caught up on the thread, Neo-Ephraim is a sad creature indeed. A stain on his reputation! I hope he can be redeemed!

Mind, he still looks good for being, well, dead. Better than Orson's wife, anyway.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It can, but I've selected for it not to in this case. You can set it to inherit classes, inherit based on weapon type (child will always be able to use one of the dominant parent's weapons) or completely random. I've set it to the latter. Holy weapons are guaranteed to be passed down, but not to be useable. Blood is inherited, so if a character does luck into a class that can use the Holy weapon, they can keep using it.

In the specific case of Ares, this is unlikely, he inherits neither his blood nor his inventory from anyone. As far as the game's concerned he's wholly unrelated to Eldigan, except in the narrative.

Ares, Julia and Shanan are hardwired to have Major bloods, so we'll see at least three Gen 2 holy weapons. Maybe more -- there are things I can do, but I want to cover that when I get to it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If people would prefer, I can change to a version of the ROM where classes are passed down to children. Promotions for those classes will still be random as gently caress though.

This can, from my experiments, be done with no major effects, save one: Ethlyn's Holy Blood changes to Minor Neir and she loses a Bow rank.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

It's mostly house cleaning today, with the majority of the threats gone. But forge on we must, to find new and shiny weapons!

02 Chapter 1, Part 2 - Twin Swords of Light

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
You know what, that's... fixable. More fixable than Tethys, unless the game drops like ten Energy Rings on you.

I've hit upon a snag when recording FE4. There's no possible way to save Lachesis, since Elliot's men randomised into ranged units, and can kill her without going through the guards.

Is it permissible to cheat her DEF and RES to something obscene and revert them as soon as we clear Nodion, do you think?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Time to reluctantly conquer all of Agustria because the local nobles won't stop being relentless assholes. Featuring brave weapons out the rear end, and cheating. I'm sorry. It was the only way to save someone. Cheating properly took me some time, like.

03 Chapter 2, Part 1 - Can't Save Everyone...

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 23, 2019

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Holy poo poo Myrrh minmaxed HARD.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
BOY THREE HOUSES SURE IS A GOOD GAME THAT CAN DISTRACT A PERSON FOR LIKE A SOLID MONTH ISN'T IT

Well, we're draining the Augustrian swamp. The most dangerous man in the level is a sub-commander.

04 Chapter 2, Part 2 - Alec Breaks Reality, and Stealing Via Conflagration

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Honestly, no idea. I just have a lot of difficulty moving past the names I "grew up" with.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

marshmallow creep posted:

Lol trying to change her portrait back to Safy's with cheats just turned her into Reinhardt, name and all.

So THAT'S how you recruit him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh, are we never to know how rescuing Eyvel affected the game? Since you'll be getting 24x anyway, now, I mean.