Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see that, like the theme of vilkacis' run is "no Con", Minus Green gets "no defenses". Honestly, I'm not entirely sure which I'd keep.

...But I'd definitely keep Yune's palettes. Some of the FE8 randomizer ones are horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly, complaining about getting a healer seems kind of mean in this thread. Just look at poor vilk's run.

I saw only one image of him and I still miss Dragon Ike, but Bow Knike seems to be doing pretty well. Lucky boy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Minus Green posted:

:psyduck: What happened to Shinon's sprite? And how did he get un-promoted...?

I was just as confused about the placeholder model (especially since Archer isn't an enemy-exclusive class, which could cause that I believe) but I didn't realize at all that he indeed somehow lost his promotion, which if I understand correctly should not happen with this randomizer.

The only explanation I can find is that a tier 2 Archer exists in the game's data, unused, for some reason, and the randomizer does not put a limit on what classes it can pull.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GrabbinPeels posted:

Erika's colors on Ephraim's sprite: pretty sweet.

Gilliam's colors on Moulder's sprite: agghghgh

Wow, Eirika-coloured Ephraim really looks super good.

About the other one... He's glowing. I can't imagine that's a bad thing. He must be full of power to glow like that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Skills seem to get pretty wild. I can see why the game would have items to manipulate them. Nonetheless...not sure if I'm a fan. It reminds me uncomfortably of Fates.

God, when you put the characters that way, it feels like the randomizing is not working in your favour at all beyond weirdly impressive Bow Knike. All the characters are worse than their counterparts in the same class, which is kind of lame.

At least Soren has a crapton of move.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

vilkacis posted:

e: but please size up the images because they are tiny. You can do them all at once with irfanview, file->batch conversion, set output format to png, check the "use advanced options" box, hit Advanced, then set to 200% under resize, and uncheck the "Use resample function" box below.

I'm seconding this. I tried reading the update on phone and I nearly can't see the images. I'm super interested in following this though, now we have all GBA games! And PoR!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sorites posted:

I thought it took more than three updates to cause this, but the Curse has come for me.

The FE9 randomizer is on indefinite hold pending some medical issues I should have seen coming but didn't.

Sorry y'all.

Try randomizing the issues, maybe you'll get something good out of it.

But no, seriously, your health's first. We can wait.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Faillen Angel posted:

If you promote a lord early, it doesn't count them as 21+, so you're likely to get the low level chapter unless you deliberately hold back promotion.

Chapter 4: The game takes it easy.

Please stop using the Devil Axe so much, you're going to give me a heart attack. Like Fir, I do not have the CON to take the constant fear of self-inflicted death.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The RNG sometimes really not being on your side is very FE though, so the randomizer's just being true to the series.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't believe Lyn died in lava.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Never feel sorry for sharing that kind of randomizer hatred. That is, I think, what this thread exists for: an epic tale of man vs bad luck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Minus Green posted:

14: Ain't No Mountain High Enough

A relatively short update, but that's because I end up cutting out a lot of combat with very slow-moving enemies on mountains.

You have a broken image tag: [img]https://lpix.org/3476690/Random_25.png[img]

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

With some luck, you'll get a promotion item for Guy and he'll end up being far stronger than he was before.

But it doesn't seem like luck's favoured you much so...poor Guy.

At least he's levelling up really fast now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm perfectly fine with the RNG turning against the enemy for once.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, a new FE game in this thread. This should be fun considering how FE4 is.

Also, you have this image twice in the update:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Minus Green posted:

17: Tonight, Someone Dies

In which I do the unthinkable.

Valter looks radioactive. It's probably not a good idea to stand close to him.

Also that Myrrh feels like the logical end point of your luck with defenses.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised it took this long to get something I absolutely wish had an actual image but Kyle's Mogall usage is just that.

Artistic people, you know what to do.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No speed and no defenses on anyone, huh? That's...well, good luck! Try not to have everyone killed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jesus. Your last run sure was better than this one.

At least that Duessel may fix his horrendous STR issues! Or he may not. 50% growth.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If people would prefer, I can change to a version of the ROM where classes are passed down to children. Promotions for those classes will still be random as gently caress though.

This can, from my experiments, be done with no major effects, save one: Ethlyn's Holy Blood changes to Minor Neir and she loses a Bow rank.

Nah. Embrace the chaos. I want things to be as unpredictable as they can be and then some.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That Sue is...amazing. I hope she keeps that up and just caps everything. Let God Sue be a part of this run.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, um...a 0% STR growth isn't great but hey, at least she'll be great at tanking magic with that 125% RES growth!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FE8: At some point you just have to accept that your units will only get more fragile. Next time, you may get a negative defense growth!

FE6: I always knew that chin was magical, but it's good to have confirmation.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, Thracia. This should be a lot of fun.

The Magic Dancing Marty Party already makes this run absolutely amazing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

marshmallow creep posted:

edit: I just discovered that if a mounted character gets the dance skill in FE5, then their map icon not only turns into a girl for the dance, it turns into two girls for the spin, and four heads for the jump.

You can't say that and not post a gif of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So uh, will that last Rescue have consequences in the game? I haven't really played Thracia so I have no idea where this is going.