Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

That FE9 randomiser is... certainly something :P It works a lot better than I expected it to (I'm really impressed the game didn't crash on the bandit being killed, actually), and some of these results are weirdly hilarious.

Of course, a lot of the classes having character models tied to specific people makes this look really weird. Titania being Jill is actually not a terrible fit, at least? But the other things that have been happening here... hoo boy. How much weirder can this get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Sorites posted:

People don't often think about it, but in a normal playthrough you'll almost never have two units of the same gender and class. Tormod's Fire Mage is different from Soren's Wind Mage, for example. I think the only exceptions are Muarim/Mordecai, Volke/Sothe, Soren/Bastian, and Zihark/Stefan.

Does pre-promotion Tormod actually have unique models? I know he promotes to a generic Sage, whereas (as you mention) Soren and Bastian have unique Sage models. (There's no Fire/Wind/Thunder Mage class division in this game, you're thinking of RD.) And Ilyana promotes to a generic female Sage (she shares models with Calill), although as the only female Mage in the game her unpromoted models might be unique too.

You may be right about the others to some extent, too, although there are definitely characters of the same gender and class where neither use unique models. Gatrie and Brom, for instance, both just use Knight models here. And this game has loads of Paladins; I think Titania is the only one who has a separate character model there (I don't remember if Astrid and Petrine get different models from the men).

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I have no idea how to react to this Ross either. Please tell me you're recording video or taking screenshots, FP, some kind of evidence you can report in this thread?

It's even better that the permanent Devil effect is on a Monk of all things. Well done, game.