Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
You can still play it touchscreen though right? It makes me a little sad it doesn't have the two screen thing, but as cool as that was by the time the game got actually difficult at the end I mostly just mashed the top screen since your partner was invincible as long as Neku didn't die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

the controls are different on the switch too .. bear that in mind

the fact that they didnt use the wii u for a twewy sequel or a remaster with the same control scheme is criminal but i guess putting it on a failing system would have permanently killed and cursed the series

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

You can still play it touchscreen though right? It makes me a little sad it doesn't have the two screen thing, but as cool as that was by the time the game got actually difficult at the end I mostly just mashed the top screen since your partner was invincible as long as Neku didn't die

The touch screen controls are mostly fine it’s like the iOS port. The docked controls are flaming hot garbage sadly.

I ended up putting my ds on a table and having my friend play the top screen while I played neku, it was the only way I could beat mr. H on ultimate for the last black planet pin

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

ArfJason posted:

the fact that they didnt use the wii u for a twewy sequel or a remaster with the same control scheme is criminal but i guess putting it on a failing system would have permanently killed and cursed the series

I believe in 2wewy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Folks the big sale we've all been waiting for just started. Let's just say my wallet would be better off if i loaded it into a cannon and shot it into the sun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

Folks the big sale we've all been waiting for just started. Let's just say my wallet would be better off if i loaded it into a cannon and shot it into the sun

i clicked it and he didnt provide a link or coupon code so im just gonna email nordvpn and tell them my 2 accounts were from sa

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I believe in 2wewy

The World Ends With Two

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
pay a hundo to the Nord for three years of legal immunity against whatever gets posted on the nintendo discords? three years of guaranteed glorious botswana eshop regional pricing?? cmon!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SHibuya Scramble 428 is 15 dollars thank you Lord Gaben.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
this fat son of a bitch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Portal 2 is 99 cents and i forgot how fun it was , haven't played since it came out

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i picked up the hype new castlevania game of 2019, touhou luna nights

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat it its cool but its very short. be sure to czech out their other game pharoah rebirth + if u haven't. and i guess the tiny jack frost platformer demo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if sega/atlus wasn't run by idiots they'd pay team ladybug to make the jack frost demo into a whole game instead of a 2nd version of persona 5 no one wants

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

i picked up the hype new castlevania game of 2019, touhou luna nights

Oh yeah that game looked cool. Thanks for the reminder

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Toki Tori 2+ is 90% off. I'll take it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Toki Tori 2+ is 90% off. I'll take it

get n and n-joy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
fat time bird ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i bought rime and rush to complete the two tribes collection. no one bought their games and now their dead. rest in peace

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
rush is the chu chu rocket clone isn't it? i think it was one of my first online game purchases and my pc couldnt run it lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

ArfJason posted:

rush is the chu chu rocket clone isn't it? i think it was one of my first online game purchases and my pc couldnt run it lmfao

you can play stuff like opus magnum and factorio and poo poo at least right ? that's good pc gaming

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

you can play stuff like opus magnum and factorio and poo poo at least right ? that's good pc gaming

that was like 8 years ago, i can probably run it now but dont bet on it
also i remember being pissed at rush for not strictly following chu chu rocket's ruleset

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I picked up Megaquarium, Kenshi, and that pirate RPG Tempest because I’ve been looking for a new pirate game and it was $3. Megaquarium seems cool for chill out vibes.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought rime and rush to complete the two tribes collection. no one bought their games and now their dead. rest in peace

Is rime good? It is v pretty.

Edit: I think you may have meant rive

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I picked up Megaquarium, Kenshi, and that pirate RPG Tempest because I’ve been looking for a new pirate game and it was $3. Megaquarium seems cool for chill out vibes.

Kenshi is really really good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my morning jackass posted:

Is rime good? It is v pretty.

Edit: I think you may have meant rive

i did mean rive :twisted:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

rime is not very good i didn't like it much

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
If you close your eyes for 15 minutes while miagning a fantastical adventure and then get really sniffy and teary eyed near the end you can save yourself the money that rime costs

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

It looks super cool, I’m excited to give it a shot once I’m able to devote the time for a hardcore masochistic game like it promised to be.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Kenshi is fantastic.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I cannot stop playing it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

By squad based do they mean like a tactical rpg

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Kenshi controls like an isometric rpg so kinda

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

By squad based do they mean like a tactical rpg

It's (very large) party rpg with RTS controls

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That sounds kinda cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kind of an acquired taste is all. It's barely an RPG, theres no quests or anything, the game is completely freeform. But theres lots of cool stuff to do, like deciding to kill all the slavers on the map, finding all the lore scraps in ruins, trying to get all the masterwork armors and weapons etc. I put about 70 hours into it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hitman 2 is mad cheap on steam. drat.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
remembered that the yakuza games are on steam and was instantly pumped about the sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Hitman 2 is mad cheap on steam. drat.

the season pass went on sale the day before they put out the first new map, the patient gamer wins again.