Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

remembered that the yakuza games are on steam and was instantly pumped about the sale

i bought yakuza 0 on the weekend and have put 20 hours into it already, about 5 of them was drinking and playing darts and going bowling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i bought yakuza 0 on the weekend and have put 20 hours into it already, about 5 of them was drinking and playing darts and going bowling

oh god i cant wait

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yakuza 0 owns big time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Is Kiwami any good? I own it for some reason, maybe the beer fairy gifted to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kiwami is a remake of the first game, it's probably pretty deece but smaller in scope than 0. I've only played the original version of 1 and it's probably cool with a better fighting engine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Is Kiwami any good? I own it for some reason, maybe the beer fairy gifted to me.

Yeah it’s great

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's fun. 0 is great too.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

remembered that the yakuza games are on steam and was instantly pumped about the sale

i forgot all about this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tfw you have to be somewhere important right now and instead you spend 2 hours singing karaoke and distracting a crowd so a human statue can go take a poo poo

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

All the steam yakuza games are great but i recommend taking some time off between each one cuz the sidegames can feel a bit samey

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

tfw you have to be somewhere important right now and instead you spend 2 hours singing karaoke and distracting a crowd so a human statue can go take a poo poo

Or two whole weeks running the cabaret club

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I wish the cabaret club and real estate royale werent just like slighlty above idle clickers in terms of depth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish there were mobile versions of cabaret club with pay to reset timers and lootcrates.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kiwami is great but I think it’s the weakest out of it, 0, and Kiwami 2. And playing 0 first is better for story reasons, it’s a really well-done prequel that does a great job laying the groundwork for 1 but doing it so subtly that you don’t even realize that’s what they’re doing except in retrospect as you play Kiwami. It’s hard to explain without spoilers lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I wish there were mobile versions of cabaret club with pay to reset timers and lootcrates.

This.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gacha girl cabaret clicker

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

yakuza 0 got me back into playing video games. Thank You Sega

it’s just so fun. kiryu is such a rad character. everyone is. that loving fight in the sewer with the motorcycle dude is probably one of my favorite gaming moments. thinking about that and buying alcohol for the homeless. so many good moments....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Kiwami is great but I think it’s the weakest out of it, 0, and Kiwami 2. And playing 0 first is better for story reasons, it’s a really well-done prequel that does a great job laying the groundwork for 1 but doing it so subtly that you don’t even realize that’s what they’re doing except in retrospect as you play Kiwami. It’s hard to explain without spoilers lol

I marathoned 0-K1-K2 back to back to back and personally some of K1 felt repetitive after doing almost everything there was to do in 0 but the story continuation was excellent . I felt a little burnt out at first but then put it on easy mode and skipped a bunch of side stuff and still had a really good time, and then thankfully K2 is in a drastically different new engine so by the time i got around to it everything felt pretty fresh

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Kiwami 2 looks fuckin amazing with the new engine

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
What’s the best Yazuka game on Steam to start with? I could use a single player game to mess with. Never played the series before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

:hai:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Only 10 bucks too. Buying that rear end.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

0 is win

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

spb posted:

0 is win

This

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Bums are teaching me karate moves.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

its so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wneWLAo_9h0

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Hell yes gamer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yakuza ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

I marathoned 0-K1-K2 back to back to back and personally some of K1 felt repetitive after doing almost everything there was to do in 0 but the story continuation was excellent . I felt a little burnt out at first but then put it on easy mode and skipped a bunch of side stuff and still had a really good time, and then thankfully K2 is in a drastically different new engine so by the time i got around to it everything felt pretty fresh
same, I had a good time and when Kiwami started to get samey I just mainlined the main quest. The story is excellent after playing 0 imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: gamer alert :siren:

The Nintendo switch is getting a “deep discount” for prime day

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I shan't be crossing that picket line, no matter how deep the discount.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

American McGay posted:

This.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

American McGay posted:

Gamers hate scabs

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

What was this anyway?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Average Bear posted:

What was this anyway?