Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sweet thursday posted:

I said upcoming season

The second part of my statement which you conveniently left off is something new and is establishing the run is paramount to that idea :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Play posted:

I also think the Vikings could be pretty drat ugly and unbalanced like last year. They want to run the ball so bad but they didn't do anything to fix their O line.

Other than fire the OC, draft a Center, Guard and TE and pick up another lineman in free agency. Other than that the Vikings didn't do anything to address their o-line.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 3, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Darth Brooks posted:

Other than fire the OC, draft a Center, Guard and TE and pick up another lineman in free agency. Other than that the Vikings didn't do anything to address their o-line.

You're right, I mixed them up with another team.

Let's say this, then: I thought the Vikings were a horrible watch last year for a team that was supposed to have so much potential. Apart from some strong performances from Diggs and Thielen there was just a lot of mediocrity on offense and the consistency from week to week was nonexistent. If they've truly fixed their line and Cook can run the ball without hurting himself they'll be fun to watch. If they haven't it's gonna be a lot like last year again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Same.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i would like to amend my post

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the beginning of the Clayton Thorson Era

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Play posted:

You're right, I mixed them up with another team.

Let's say this, then: I thought the Vikings were a horrible watch last year for a team that was supposed to have so much potential. Apart from some strong performances from Diggs and Thielen there was just a lot of mediocrity on offense and the consistency from week to week was nonexistent. If they've truly fixed their line and Cook can run the ball without hurting himself they'll be fun to watch. If they haven't it's gonna be a lot like last year again

That's pretty much true of every team. O-line good? Coach is a genius, QB is great, HB is an all Pro, defense is rested. O-line bad? Coach sucks, QB is a bum, HB is a joke, defense gives up too many yards.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
i'm excited for the tennessee titans to repeat as super bowl champs in back to back years for the first time in the history of the nfl

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Can Brady cheat Father Time? Or just cheat in general?

Other than that, I wish a team with a 20 year drought wins a Super Bowl.

I hope the browns do well this year, the Steelers go 4-12 and big uggo retires.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am most excited about how Carson Wentz will play. Will he make 16 games and return to his MVP form, showing us he's the franchise? Will he continue to risk his body for minor gains and get hurt before playoffs again? We've seen some serious ups and downs about Carson's game and I am wildly optimistic as most of you likely know but this is the make or break season for him. He has the OL, his WRs are good and this year we actually went out and got a run game. He's in a position to succeed. If he gets hurt early, they might not even re-sign him!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ELO Musk posted:

I am most excited about how Carson Wentz will play. Will he make 16 games and return to his MVP form, showing us he's the franchise? Will he continue to risk his body for minor gains and get hurt before playoffs again? We've seen some serious ups and downs about Carson's game and I am wildly optimistic as most of you likely know but this is the make or break season for him. He has the OL, his WRs are good and this year we actually went out and got a run game. He's in a position to succeed. If he gets hurt early, they might not even re-sign him!

Yeah for the Eagles this year it's all about Carson's back honestly. I'd love to see him play a full season, but back injuries are really sketchy, we'll see

Darth Brooks posted:

That's pretty much true of every team. O-line good? Coach is a genius, QB is great, HB is an all Pro, defense is rested. O-line bad? Coach sucks, QB is a bum, HB is a joke, defense gives up too many yards.

It's a big component, yeah. I don't think any other team last year better embodied that concept better than the Vikings. Tons of potential basically ruined by subpar O line play. Interesting to see how the Vikings get started next season

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I'm looking forward to this being the season where the Patriots do not represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I have some bad news for you.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Other than the Seahawks establishing the run, I’d like to see the Browns break even this year, maybe even have a winning season. But, mostly, I want to watch the Seahawks establish the run.

Nov 6, 2002

I thought the Browns nearly won the division last season?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My question going into the season: Is the Cinci Defense going to be not-bad enough for the offense to run the dang ball (tm)?

<narrator voice: they will not>

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I thought the Browns nearly won the division last season?

Not really, they were 4-7-1 and then won 3 of 4 (and 5 of 7) to end the season to be a half game under .500. They weren't ever a threat to take the division, they just looked like an actual solid football team over that second half.

Nov 6, 2002

That was tongue-in-cheek. I guess you'd have to follow the AFCN thread to know.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hot dogs. every time i watch a game i allow myself one further hot dog

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Play posted:

hot dogs. every time i watch a game i allow myself one further hot dog

A life measured in hot dogs is truly a life worth living. How many miles of dogs you eaten, dawg?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
the run

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I'm cautiously optimistic for the Jets this year, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how Darnold improves in his second season.

Honestly I'd be happy with the Jets having a functioning offense that is at least a reasonable threat to go down the field every drive, rather than a sputtering rickety jalopy which seems to end up in the end zone by accident half the time

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Quiet Feet posted:

A life measured in hot dogs is truly a life worth living. How many miles of dogs you eaten, dawg?

When I was but a lad, I could eat four hot dogs in four quarters of American football. Now I'm lucky to get two hot dogs in my belly in the same time frame.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm most excited in seeing the Dolphins defensive scheme.

They don't have the players to be all that good, but they've got some good young players. That, and the current iteration of the Belichick defense(which I'm assuming they'll run) is fascinating to me, and I think represents in a lot of respects the future of defensive football.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm most excited in seeing the Dolphins defensive scheme.

They don't have the players to be all that good, but they've got some good young players. That, and the current iteration of the Belichick defense(which I'm assuming they'll run) is fascinating to me, and I think represents in a lot of respects the future of defensive football.

It will be bad because we don’t film the opponent’s offensive walkthroughs

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

It will be bad because we don’t film the opponent’s offensive walkthroughs

It would however be extremely funny if all the former Patriots guys on the coaching staff know where some bodies are buried and pull a Mangini though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m looking forward to Nick Foles having a better statistical year and leading his team to more wins than Carson Wentz.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

When I was but a lad, I could eat four hot dogs in four quarters of American football. Now I'm lucky to get two hot dogs in my belly in the same time frame.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Excited for the first banme when someone's team dramatically underperforms relevant to their ludicrous expectations.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I'm excited to read lots of "the giants are still in it!" articles when the giants are 3-7 as the NY media carries water for giants management and then read a bunch more after the giants are eliminated about how going 5-11 is good, actually.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Tom Brady winning another SuperBowl.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Another Saints Super Bowl victory in Miami.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Football is getting closer and closer every day

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
150+ yards of running, every game. All season long.

Nov 6, 2002

"It looks like the Patriots run is finally over!"

- After week two.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

"It looks like the Patriots run is finally over!"

- After week two because Tom Brady died on the field in week one

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

My question going into the season: Is the Cinci Defense going to be not-bad enough for the offense to run the dang ball (tm)?

<narrator voice: they will not>

If they do, but no poster is ethically allowed to watch it, does it even count?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
19-0 titans!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

T
N
F
G
D
T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The week 1 Kawalimus lost season meltdown