Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
WELL IM GLAD YOU ASKED

Browns: are they good or do they suck? hmmm

49ers: will they have enough players to play football game? we'll see

********: this team uses a wide array of emotional and physical attacks to demean and injure their own players. groundbreaking strategy??

Colts: actually good or kind of full of poo poo? maybe a bit of both?

Titans: can Mariota throw a football good enough to save his job? meh

Texans: what new way can these smart boys think up to finally assassinate or at least cripple deshaun watson once and for all? were on the edge of our seats

Rams: is Jared Goof scared? people say he's scared. well find out

Jaguars: how much power is Big Dick Power? we will see

Cardinals: the babyman wants to play football. he's small like a baby. can he?? who knows

Ravens: the boy runs. he runs free. but is it enough? we will see

Vikings: this is Kurt's year. or is it??

Bears: Kickerman hits poles, throwerman doesn't hit people. they want that to be the opposite

Lions: will the head coach finally be caught in the act and jailed for raping?? we hope and pray

Patriots: after decads of shameful cheating, will the long struggling Football Detectives (tm) finally get the jump on the evil patriots? no

Bengals: Cincinatti finally has a football team!! how exciting

Bucs: Suh. Vea. much beef in their middle. is it enough beef? it's a lot of beef

Saints: old man still throw football, but not far. far enough? maybe

Falcons: matt ryan is much better than jared goff! this is what people say to me. are they are right? no. well, maybe

Raiders: new players. old players. they play together now. okay

Panthers: football man hurt? not hurt? big question

Chiefs: ball flies through the air, landing in the arms. touchdown!!!

Chargers: much bedshitting. they must release the bugaboo, somehow. but it doesn't want to leave

Eagles: backs like to break, as this football team discovered last year. but do they like to fix? exciting medical dramas to keep an eye on here

Giants: a good running man continues to run good, but no one does anything else good. recipe for success? lol

Seahawks: stready as can be, these chaps. my prediction: they will lose some games and win some games

Jets: crazy eyed methbreather thinks that he's the guy for the job. much confidence in himself. warranted?

Bills: large man throws and the ball, she sails down the field. all the way. past the running man. past the end zone. through the poles!!! 3 points!!

Dolphins: the team is turning itself inside out. soon the entire carapace will be dislodged and the creature will be wholly new. will the fresh pink flesh be better at football? it has to be

Cowboys: the men who are in the back of the line are good. nothing more to say about these churlish scads.

Packers: winceface mcquarterback returns to the field with a veangence. can they wreak beautiful murder??

Steelers: guys leave, other guys come. big beefy raper wants to bring that action onto the field

Broncos: JOE FLACCO. nothing more needs be said than the beautiful moniker for this all-time champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders are one of the youngest teams in the league this year

those are some of the new players referenced in my summation

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I just hope everyone tries real hard, plays their best football and we as fans get a ton of great entertainment. It's shaping up for a real interesting year, probably the most interesting it's been for a few years

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What team is going to be the most miserable to watch?

I like this questions. Broncos have the potential to be pretty ugly on offense, mostly because of Flacco. The Raiders were ugly as hell last year so we'll have to see how they come out in their new look. The Bills and Ravens could be pretty bad if their respective quarterbacks don't progress like it's hoped they will.

The Bengals were probably the most miserable team down the stretch last year, but they're getting a bunch of starters back and a new scheme which may help.

I also think the Vikings could be pretty drat ugly and unbalanced like last year. They want to run the ball so bad but they didn't do anything to fix their O line. Speaking of the NFC North, the Packers were a horrible watch last year although that may change this year with some exciting young players and a better scheme.

Giants definitely get a mention too. Outside of Barkley that offense could be pretty uggo

e: how did I forget Washington. While I do think Haskins represents a huge upgrade over Smith and McCoy, I assume it's still gonna be pretty drat ugly. The receiving options on that team are highly questionable

Play fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 3, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

Other than fire the OC, draft a Center, Guard and TE and pick up another lineman in free agency. Other than that the Vikings didn't do anything to address their o-line.

You're right, I mixed them up with another team.

Let's say this, then: I thought the Vikings were a horrible watch last year for a team that was supposed to have so much potential. Apart from some strong performances from Diggs and Thielen there was just a lot of mediocrity on offense and the consistency from week to week was nonexistent. If they've truly fixed their line and Cook can run the ball without hurting himself they'll be fun to watch. If they haven't it's gonna be a lot like last year again

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ELO Musk posted:

I am most excited about how Carson Wentz will play. Will he make 16 games and return to his MVP form, showing us he's the franchise? Will he continue to risk his body for minor gains and get hurt before playoffs again? We've seen some serious ups and downs about Carson's game and I am wildly optimistic as most of you likely know but this is the make or break season for him. He has the OL, his WRs are good and this year we actually went out and got a run game. He's in a position to succeed. If he gets hurt early, they might not even re-sign him!

Yeah for the Eagles this year it's all about Carson's back honestly. I'd love to see him play a full season, but back injuries are really sketchy, we'll see

Darth Brooks posted:

That's pretty much true of every team. O-line good? Coach is a genius, QB is great, HB is an all Pro, defense is rested. O-line bad? Coach sucks, QB is a bum, HB is a joke, defense gives up too many yards.

It's a big component, yeah. I don't think any other team last year better embodied that concept better than the Vikings. Tons of potential basically ruined by subpar O line play. Interesting to see how the Vikings get started next season

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hot dogs. every time i watch a game i allow myself one further hot dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

When I was but a lad, I could eat four hot dogs in four quarters of American football. Now I'm lucky to get two hot dogs in my belly in the same time frame.