Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've started playing this game but decided to do it in VR after my first disastrous attempt at landing my ship, because there was a pretty simple mod to make it work, and it loving rules. With that said, I landed on one of the planets and found a puzzle involving logs of the ancient writing, and I recall being given a device to let me translate these but I seem to be missing any prompt to do so. I take it I should be able to translate these when I find them and that the VR mod might be causing me to miss the prompt to do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

In the VR mod, your translator, signal scope and and scout launcher get moved to your waist belt, and you can reach down and grab them with the grip button to use them. Another control that’s different in VR is that you tap your head twice with either hand to toggle the flashlight on and off.

That's super helpful, thank you!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Damaged my ship so got out in space to do some repairs, misjudged how far off planet I was and watched in horror as it reentered the atmosphere and I was left floating there. Managed to burn my thrusters and was almost out of fuel when I managed to catch the planet and make my landing, which also meant I discovered the quantum poetry, which in turn lead me to Gabbro on the Ocean Planet where he was the first person to say,"Hey so we're in a time loop an-" and then the whole solar system blew up.

Game loving rules!

Edit: I have two achievements so far, one is for picking up all the instruments at the start of the game and the other is for dying within 60 seconds of the loop restarting because I flew directly into the path of the sun :lol:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 21, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, every single time I've played so far I've felt like I'm just going wherever I want/doing as I like and if they've managed to pull that off while still pointing me in the direction I should be going then that's a-ok by me.

Love the experience of seeing something and thinking,"What the gently caress was that?" (like the station exploding right at the start of the loop) and knowing that at any point I could go find out exactly what the gently caress that was!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Carefully landing my ship on the station orbiting the water planet and doing a space walk floating out to where the observation glass was shattered to bypass the damaged internal entry was so loving tense, holy gently caress :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I might be completely (and hilariously) misreading what is going on, but I just did the Southern Observatory in Brittle Hollow and it "explained" one thing that had been bugging me all game: the probe always firing off in a different direction at the start of each loop - and now that it seems this was by design it just makes me love the game even more. I am having a blast exploring, even if I do sometimes run headfirst into the wall of my need to fully explore every single aspect of an area before moving on, even though I suspect from the rumors that I'm intended to go explore other planets to find solutions to get past the roadblocks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STOP FILLING UP WITH SAND, PATHWAY TO THE HIGH ENERGY CHAMBER! :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Finally made it inside the Black Hole forge! :sickos:

Oh... it's just reinforcing information I already figured out elsewhere? That's okay, I still got to add to the ship's log! I also while exploring found a reference to a way inside the Interloper's surface that I couldn't find when I was looking earlier, so I guess I'll go there next. Then it's back to Ember Twin to try and get to that Anglerfish Fossil before the sand fills in the Stepping Stones cave, that should free me up to be ready to tackle going down under the current in Giant's Deep!

God this game rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress. I'm so stupid.

I somehow never found the tower on Giant's Deep with the instructions for how to lock a quantum object in place. I've been bashing my head against a wall trying to line up the Quantum Moon with the Gravity Cannon in Brittle Hollow thinking that was the only way to get to the moon (if I flew there in my ship it would just disappear when I got close enough to the atmosphere that I couldn't "see" it properly anymore). I haven't tried it yet but I think I know how to get there now!

Also went to Dark Bramble for the first time. :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I did get the idea after my encounter in Dark Bramble to go back in with my signalscope turned on to the distress signal frequency since I understand the third escape ship remained trapped in there. In the end I decided against it for now, on the basis of I was scared and I wanted to go home to my mommy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Did you try the Outer Wilds Ventures frequency too?

That's the default for the scope and I have assumed since early game (haven't gone back in yet) that Feldspar is in there somewhere too.

I've also assumed that due to counting three lit masks each time I have gotten a view of the project, that Feldspar may also be experiencing the time loop like Gabbro is. Looking forward to finding out!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 28, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Went to Dark Bramble, found Feldspar, figured out how to get into the electric center of Giant's Deep, got the coordinates for the Eye of the Universe, finally caught the probe, and topped it off with a return trip back to Dark Bramble to get to the last escape pod, got impatient and gently tapped the gas while tracking it down and got eaten by an anglerfish :gonk:

This game is... good!?! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay, here's what I think I have figured out! Spoilered for complete speculation:

The Nomai came to the solar system tracking "The Eye of the Universe" and the signal it was sending out, but their ship was damaged by the Dark Bramble causing the survivors to flee by escape pods. At least two of these ended up reunited, I as of yet have no idea if there were survivors of the 3rd group and whether they ever reunited with the others.

After getting past the bare minimum required survival state and rebuilding something akin to the civilization they were now stranded from, the Nomai began their quest for the Eye again but dismayed when they couldn't find it anywhere within the solar system, and the signal that had brought them in was no longer active. They came to the conclusion it must orbit in a path so wide that the chances of stumbling across it even knowing what to look for, and there were so many possible courses it might be on that they'd have to send out millions (maybe tens of millions) of probes in the hope of finding it. But in the process their investigation of the Quantum Moon lead to the discovery of not only easy transport around the solar system to every planet, but also (minuscule) time travel, and they realized that with enough power they could travel back in time perhaps up to 22 minutes.

These two investigations crossed over as they realized that they only needed one probe, and it only ever needed to be fired once, because they could use the time travel technology to shoot the probe out looking for it, then jump back 22 minutes and shoot it again and again and again until eventually it found the Eye and technically only 22 minutes would have passed.

This is where I feel I'm fuzzy, I'm not sure what wiped out the Nomai or why all the stars are older than they appear/going supernova. My guess is something to do with the Ghost Matter did in the Nomai, whatever it was appears to have happened FAST as we find bodies of Nomai literally still sitting in their chairs, kids playing under the Anglerfish fossil etc and no notes (so far) of people lamented or leaving information.

As for why the stars are dying, I suspect it must have SOMETHING to do with all the time travel, and there are THREE masks lit whenever I project into the Ashen Twin Mask Chamber and the only people I know for sure who have activated by it are myself and Gabbro. I don't think it's a surviving Nomai, I thought it might have been Solarnon (might have spelled that wrong?) but I think I found his body on the Quantum Moon, haven't gotten the tower to the Northern Pole yet to make it to the Sixth Quantum Moon location. So my guess at the moment is that the probe is linked to the third mask (how that works I don't know) which is how it is able to shoot off in a different direction each time, and that while it might be jumping back however many minutes each time, that "time" is still being counted by the White Hole and it is causing the universe to artificially age. The Nomai seemed aware of this, talking about how they were concerned what the Sun Station they were using to power their project might do to the solar system. I don't think they ever got a chance to trigger the initial probe launch themselves, and after however many hundreds or thousands of years, something caused it to trigger just before the start of the game and it repeating 9 million plus times before I happened to also get paired with the Nomai statue and start repeating the last 15-20 minutes of my life as well.

So my guess is that in the end my role will be to find the Eye, get inside Ashen Twin and shut down the masks project to stop the probe from being launched, which in turn will "reset" time on the stars.

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, Dark Bramble and the Interloper in particular I am curious how it all fits in, the latter appears to be the source of the Ghost Matter, but is Dark Bramble something deliberate or just an organism attempting to survive with no awareness that doing so destroys everything else? Can't wait to see what I got right (nothing) and what I got wrong (everything)!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't have it but if the quality is the same as the main game I'm definitely considering changing that!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sounds like something to hold off on then!

Right... time to delve back into Dark Bramble... :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alright, I found Escape Pod 3!

:negative:

Poor bastards, managed to make my way to the Vessel too, haven't figured out the three panel input device yet, I obviously have to make some kind of pattern with each side but I'll need to hunt around to figure out what those should be. I was also initially confused by the messages I found there and thought that the universe dying had been happening before the Nomai even arrived in the solar system. But after talking to poor Chert and giving him a nervous breakdown, I grasped that I was actually picking up real-time current day Nomai messages from other systems/galaxies so my theory that the Nomai hunting the Eye of the Universe inadvertently caused the rapid aging of the universe still shakily stands together on flimsy evidence!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OH poo poo SOLANUM'S ALIVE! :supaburn:

Well.. not really, more Schrodinger's Solanum, simultaneously alive and dead, but that was a hell of a conversation! They got so close to the Eye, I wish we'd been able to communicate clearly enough to tell them that I'd found the coordinates :shobon:

Also after about a dozen attempts I managed to land my ship on the Sun Station only for a comedy of errors to see me end up with the scout taking up the entire cockpit view as I got slammed around inside the ship which finally drifted off the station by the time I managed to get control of myself :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay crazy theory time, since I've just explored the Interloper properly (thanks for not laughing at me when you probably all knew that all I had to do was look very slightly up :sweatdrop:):

- The Ghost Matter is so tightly packed into the crystal formation inside the Interloper that if it explodes it would spread throughout the entire system.
- The Dark Bramble destroys planets from the inside out if it's seeds gets enough of a foothold to germinate, and it is bigger on the inside than the outside.

Therefore, there MUST be a way to get the Ghost Matter and Dark Bramble to interact so that the latter destroys the crystal formation, and the subsequent explosive release of gas would wipe out the Dark Bramble BUT also be contained within it, saving the solar system from both threats!

The ship's log doesn't offer any kind of link between them but I feel like there must be something going on there, looking forward to being wrong!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All too easy :smugbert:

https://i.imgur.com/EBu5fD7.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MikeJF posted:

So what's your new read on things? I mean I can guess a lot but I'm interested in how it interfaces with your existing thoughts.

In the sun station, I was very concerned by "Well the supernova plan didn't work... let's go check out this comet!" but I'll need to review my logs to figure out if the people I found dead there were the ones from the sun station or not - it's kinda fun revisiting places and realizing that the events I read up on earlier are associated with names that have cropped up elsewhere, sometimes giving away deaths and survivals before I realized the association and context. I also now know that the station hasn't been touched in over 200,000 years so that is presumably when the Nomai got wiped out, and I'm starting to suspect it was the Ghost Matter since I've found signs of that in the Hanging City - that wouldn't explain why the Hearthians are still alive though, presumably their less evolved forms back then would have been killed too? I also still don't know what it was that triggered that initial(?) supernova at the start of the game, since their first attempt to fire it didn't work, perhaps it just needed time for the reaction to build up? My big concern is that the Nomai dumped Ghost Matter into the Black Hole forge or even the sun to try and generate power

Based on my log, I think I still have a couple things unresolved in the Sunless City, which is a pain because I've got to move there so quickly before the sand cuts access off. I want to clear that, then run through everything I've gathered and figure out what to do next and also identify potential gaps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Huh... I.... think I've worked out the inputs for the Vessel? But I think I also need to either replace or fix the advanced warp core - the game mentions there is one inside the Ash Twin center which I haven't figured out how to get into yet, but I also think maybe if I take the housing with me to Ember Twin I can "repair" it with the little black and white holes in the High Energy Lab? But that fills up quick, so I'd have to go there first, unlock the front door, then race to Dark Bramble to get the housing, come back and "fix" it, then provided that is actually possible, take it back to the Vessel and see if I can go to the Eye.

I'm writing all this down both to document what may end up being a complete fool's errand, but also because I came up with the idea and was testing whether I could take stuff onto the ship when the power ran out on my headset and I had to stop playing for awhile :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey so, in shocking news, it turns out my over-complicated plan was unnecessarily over-complicated! I managed to get a Black Hole warp core to the Vessel, went to see if I could fix the existing warp core with it and it said,"You are already holding a warp core" :cripes:

On the plus side though, I finally figured out how to get inside the Ash Twin project, turns out trying to time my entries around the start or finish of the sand funnel passing through the warp station that I was mostly confident would take me there was dumb, I just needed to rush in right in the middle because - and there is where my stupidity is on high display - of loving course a miniature black hole is going to have more pull than a sand funnel!

I have to think things through very carefully now, I don't know if it is THAT sort of game but if I end the Ash Twin project and die trying to get the warp core to the vessel, I'm assuming that this it it, game over. Or maybe not, I was a little confused by what the Nomai writing talking about ending the project meant, and I don't know if the Sun Station will still cause the sun to supernova or not. Gonna take a long look through all of my ship's log and make sure there's nothing I'm missing, then do my best to time things so I have the maximum amount of time possible to get to the Vessel and hopefully from there to the Eye (Christ I hope I am correctly understanding what inputs need to go into the Vessel's navigation computer :ohdear:)

God, this game is a loving blast.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 2, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

14.3 billion years later...

This is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. Got a little teary-eyed at the end there. Thank you all for your helpful encouragement and especially for keeping me spoiler free. I'm so glad I played this game, it's a goddamn masterpiece.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay this is gonna be kinda rambling and incoherent because it's basically me plucking out the thoughts that have been racing around my head since finishing the game. The basic gist of it is gonna be that it was a beautiful, incredibly executed, spectacular way to wrap up the game.

I can't recall many more intense experiences I've had playing games than the whole sequence from removing the advanced warp core from the Ash Twin Project and the race to Dark Bramble. My hands were actually shaking a little as I navigated past the Anglerfish, and the sheer exhilaration as I reached the vessel and raced down the corridors to the main bridge was a feeling I think it will be a long, long time before I experience anything like it again. There was a moment of pure panic when the codes I entered didn't work and I thought I had screwed something up. I had assumed I needed to move the ball to the other pit afterwards but that did nothing, and there was a moment of utter despair thinking I had read the situation wrong. Thankfully I didn't panic, I rechecked the codes I had entered and tried making the "L" in a slightly different way, and this time it worked thank gently caress.

Arriving back on the Quantum Moon past the blockades that prevented any further access had me on the edge of my seat. I had another moment of near panic when I arrived at the giant crater and could see the pathway to the Eye directly above me but my jetpack wasn't getting me any higher. I ran around a bit and realized that the crater was acting like the magnetic walls in the Nomai buildings, and the exhilaration just grew from them as I got closer to the top.

The fall into the "Eye" and the subsequent trip in VR was amazing, though I have to admit not being able to resist comparing it to the Time Vortex in Doctor Who :sweatdrop:, and arrival was when things got truly, truly beautiful.

I don't know if the Eye was sentient, whether the things I was seeing and experiencing were the work of a great consciousness or simply reflections of myself and my memories as filtered through the uncertainty status of the Eye as an object. I don't think it matters, at some point the two become indistinguishable, but I love that the game gets you asking questions like that, and that so many of the questions I found myself asking naturally were the same musings you find from the various Nomai along the way. But whether the Eye is God or the primal force of Creation or simply a quantum state that allows all possible things to exist at once until observation snaps one into firm and final reality... it's beautiful. The notes you find in the "Observatory" suggest a kind and hopeful nature, which again may simply be a reflection of you as a Hearthian but which I choose to see as the Eye communicating its thoughts in the only way it really can with you. It has a sweet melancholy for the Nomai who came so close but never quite reached it, and I adore, just simply adore that a point is made of reaching out into the distance and the past to collect the reflection of Solanum to be there for what comes next. It even has a sense of humor, with a remark about how it will "miss" the Anglerfish the least :3:

If the Eye is pure uncertainty, and the Universe has ended (I was wrong that the Nomai caused it, the universe really was just nearing the end of its life naturally), then my observation of it from inside of it is what is going to determine the fate of the Universe, or rather what its next state will be. So it is perfect and beautiful that before that final observation/entry can happen, there is a moment to reflect on the past and what is important. And what was ultimately important? Friends. Companionship. Exploration. The thirst for knowledge. Music. You have a final moment of togetherness, and everybody understands that no matter what happens next, something DOES happen next. The universe has ended? Then the universe can begin again. All things are possible, and that is how the Eye is older than the Universe, because when the universe ends the Eye continues to exist because unobserved it cannot NOT exist, and being observed allows the universe to exist again in a new state... and the Eye is always there, and as the universe nears its next end some race of explorers and thinkers will pick up a signal leading them towards the Eye, and unable to resist the fascinating appeal of trying to understand what it is and how it can exist, life begins again. Always life, always hope, always a chance for something new.

Approaching the new Big Bang, becoming a final inexorable part of The Eye and helping lock in a new state for the Universe, and that final shot showing a new race around a campfire, sharing companionship and music, looking to the stars, feeling that pull of exploration and the need to understand... God, what a perfect ending. The music is amazing, the visuals are used perfectly, it's an experience I can never have again for the first time, but I will forever cherish that first time. What a game. What an experience. Astonishing.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 2, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Right up until the end of the game I kept asking myself what caused the Sun to supernova, assuming maybe the sun station's initial firing just had a delayed reaction, and it wasn't until the end of the game that I realized that nope, the sun was just naturally at the end of its life and this is what kicked off the probe starting its loops. I should have picked up on this earlier when I found the messages from the modern Nomai in other galaxies saying all the suns were going out, but at that point I was still convinced of my theory that the timeloops were pumping time back into the Universe and aging it exponentially each time.

I did a final run around talking to everybody/exploring everything before I did my final run and that's how I found out the Hearthians were in their pre-evolved aquatic forms when the Ghost Matter wiped out the Nomai, and had to remind myself by looking at that first site of Ghost Matter from the start of the game that it explicitly lays out that the Ghost Matter evaporates over time. I'm very glad I did that, because I had a final chat with Gabbro and this triggered an achievement for completing the Ship's Log, which is the side benefit of being the type of person who becomes obsessed with making sure I've explored EVERYTHING before I move on from a place, sometimes to my detriment!

Re: Gabbro and the first paragraph: I did sometimes struggle to wrap my head around whether I was traveling back in time or not, and Gabbro laid it out about as simply as he could in his musings that our bodies weren't time-traveling, we were just getting the benefit of retaining what we learned in the 22 minutes between the probe firing and the sun going supernova. That certainly makes the most sense given of course it would work that way for the probe, but I guess somehow being a person made me think of it in different terms.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 2, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I managed to track down a red light that had been bugging me for ages which in turn lead me back to Timber Hearth and a radio station that was "under construction", and I couldn't find anything else to do with those. Based on a description I read of the DLC, I am assuming these are in place to interact with the DLC if you have it (which I don't)?

I want to give the game a bit of a rest for a little bit to let that ending percolate a little more in my head, but definitely am keen to pick up the DLC sooner rather than later and explore a little more in this wonderful world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MikeJF posted:

It is actually possible to cause some actual, physical, not-just-information time travel to happen in the game. It's worth it.

Oh my God you can meet yourself and the two of you can just both scream back and forth till you get tired and then have a nice chat. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

Do what you did again

I didn't, and things uhhh... well. Yeah. :stonklol:

Edit: I really dig that talking to yourself reveals you're as much of a weirdo as the other Hearthian explorers :)

Edit Edit: Re: the top line: the kazoo over the credits is loving hilarious :lol:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 7, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So I went back re: the above and got a whole new bunch of dialogue options, including bragging to each other about the cool poo poo we've done that nobody else (except Gabbro) would ever remember. If it wasn't 22 minutes each time, I'd be sorely tempted to keep going back to see just how far down the rabbit hole goes. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So if you're trying to find roughly 35-40 degrees on a 360 degree flight path do you count forward from 0 at the top or go counter-clockwise from the top assuming the direction of the object on the path is counting upwards from 0 to 360?

Asking for a "friend" :shepface:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GuavaMoment posted:

Answering the question, sort of: Just go straight for the probe at the start of a loop and wait, it'll only be a few minutes. You do know it shows the angle on the probe's screen?

I did not notice that, no! :doh:

I stupidly tried to be in place at the right anticipated angle until I eventually just went and caught up to the probe to follow it along, but I'd left it too late and went supernova, and then had to recharge my headset. Will just do that next time.

I mean... uhh... my friend will uhh... um. poo poo. gently caress.

Darox posted:

You use your map to lock onto the thing on said path and fly to it, then use the handy info panel on the side to see what angle it is at. If said panel is not working because of accidental collision you accept glorious incandescence and try again in another life.

Wait you can lock onto it from the map? Every time I look, though it is visible, it's not selectable/listed as anything? I had to get close enough to it to be able to select it and then match velocity to get to it.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 17, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MikeJF posted:

You can go to locations you've visited in the past via your computer and lock onto them to guide you to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLmD2kFDm0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I uhhh.... I was not expecting a giant-rear end log-flume ride. This place is loving MASSIVE :stare:

This DLC might take awhile!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I flew in from the satellite, entering the hangar and rotating the pillar to open the big mysterious door to find myself in that beautiful environment was an amazing experience, it went from ominous to oddly upbeat despite how rundown you quickly realize the place is.

Wild speculation time!

Some of the imagery I have seen have lead me to think the planet the horned dude in the paintings comes from was the one torn apart by the Dark Bramble, which I still think is an extra solar visitor akin to the comet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, great luck on my behalf, I felt so clever when I was playing around with symbol combinations by a house and caused the dam to shatter and change the water level in The Stranger. My mind really started racing about the ways I'd be able to use this at will to get around to different places like the cabin covered in ghost matter, but really what great luck to stumble upon that combination on my first time!

It turns out it's a timed thing that always happens at exactly the same point in the loop :doh:

Edit: Also I found the room full of corpses through the painting that is set back just enough to access a stairway. That was... unsettling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Echoes of the Eye:

:lol: at the dialogue reaction of,"What amazingly convenient timing you'd tell me this now!" to Slate telling you about how to use the log to set markers on your map :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also tell us how things work out! I'm on the other side of that equation now and I wanna see how it's going for you!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

queeb posted:

dark bramble scares me

:hmmyes:

Think I left that place till last for a proper exploration and good Lord that a deeply tense experience.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

queeb posted:

now I'm on to something in the Bramble

Edit: I poo poo my pants

:bisonyes:

Pretty much how it went for me too :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I only figured out the "easy" way to (base game) get to the Sun Station after I piloted my way through the sun's gravitational pull to catch and line myself up with the station and literally eject myself to the opening and frantically spacewalk the rest of the way. I also now after starting Echoes of the Eye have realized that (related to spoiler above) I could have selected it on the map and then auto-piloted directly to the sun station and I'm glad I didn't know that, because actually pulling it off - while frustrating when I failed - was absolutely exhilerating when I pulled it off.

Doing it the "easy" way later did lead to that fantastic moment when you open the emergency exit and see it go blasting out into space revealing the destroyed bridge. I imagine those who did it that way must have had a bit of a :stonklol: reaction realizing what the game was asking them to do now.