Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[10] Interview - Bobby

You find the British bobby — that's what they call police officers in England. You think it's strange, but they're nicknamed after the founder of the police, Sir Robert Peel. You look at the bobby's odd, pointed helmet and wonder if his head is pointed underneath. You decide not to ask about his head. Instead show him a picture of the woman you're looking for.
"Yes, I remember her." He smiles. "Very pretty, she was."

"Did she say where she was going?" you ask.
"Only that she was interested in how wheat is grown," he replies. "I was more interested in her lovely long—"
"Quite," you agree. This is obviously the only useful information you'll get out of him! Time to head back to London [136] and check out what you know.

Where next?

Should we speak to:

• The businessman? [43]
• The fish and chip shop owner?
• The bobby?

Or are we ready to track the thief to:

• China? [131]
• The United States? [59]
• India? [170]

Score: 15 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: has a lot of rice, and wheat

Below is an image of the famous policeman's helmet. Please do not steal.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I’m going to take a chance she won’t return to the scene of the crime. India.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Businessman

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Game says India and China both grow rice and wheat. Businessman

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[43] Interview - Businessman

The businessman is dressed in a dark suit, with a rolled-up umbrella and a bowler hat. He looks at your trench coat and fedora and sniffs. "Ahh, an American," he comments. "They still don't teach you how to dress over there?"
You growl back. "We prefer to keep things casual." You decide to get right to the point with this guy. "I understand you saw the woman I'm looking for."

"Yes, by heavens, I did!" he exclaims. "Now, she was someone who knew how to dress! A delightful lady with heavenly blue eyes."
"Good clothes or not, she's a crook, through and through," you tell him. "Did she say where she was going?"

"Well, she did mention something about seeing an Indian. But I don't think she was aiming to go to America. She seemed too sensible for that."
"Stuck-up little drip," you mutter as you leave.
"Scarecrow!" he calls after you as you hurry back to the airport. [136]

Where next?

We're done talking for now. Are we ready to track the thief to:

• China? [131]
• The United States? [59]
• India? [170]

Score: 17 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: has a lot of rice, and wheat

Quackles fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 19, 2019

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Well, that's somebody I won't be doing business with again if I have a choice.

To India!

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

India

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[170] India

Youv'e arrived in India. You wish that you had time to see the famous Taj Mahal, or the wildlife of India — the Indian elephant, the rhinoceros, or the magnificent tigers. But duty calls. With a sigh, you find the local Acme agent. He hands you a list. There are three people who've seen the woman you're tracking, and only three places that she could have gone to.

Do we want to interview:

• The sitar player? [162]
• The police officer? [4]
• The fakir? [125]

Or are we ready to leave for:

• Argentina? [52]
• Saudi Arabia? [104]
• Puerto Rico? [25]

Score: 18 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: ?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Talk to the guy who looks like He-Man with blue skin. The fakir for those not familiar with obscure toys from the 80s.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Sitar player strumming some tunes

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sitar me up.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Go see the faker.... Errrr fakir

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Fakir

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[125] Interview - Fakir

The fakir is in the marketplace, lying on a bed of sharp nails. And you thought your own bed back home was uncomfortable! It doesn't seem to bother the fakir, though. He tells you he can also walk over hot coals without burning his feet. You hope you never get that cold!
"Maybe you've seen the woman I'm after," you ask him.
"Yes, I have," he answers. "She thought I might teach her some tricks to help her escape from the police. Naturally, I refused to help her."

"Any idea where she disappeared to?" you ask.
"Well, she said something about looking for uranium," the fakir says.
You thank him and head back to the airport [170] to check out what you'll do next.

Where next?

Do we want to interview:

• The sitar player? [162]
• The police officer? [4]
• The fakir?

Or are we ready to leave for:

• Argentina? [52]
• Saudi Arabia? [104]
• Puerto Rico? [25]

Score: 20 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: has uranium

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Argentina is only one of the three that has significant uranium deposits.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Don't cry for me, Marge and Tina

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Off to Argentina.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[52] Argentina

Your plane touches down in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The country is the second largest in South America and makes up almost all of the southern part of the continent.
You read in your guidebook that it was settled by the Spanish in the seventeenth century. You also read that it is the home of the largest rodent in the world, the capybara. Great — a huge rat. "I hate rats," you mutter.

The girl from the local Acme office arrives and greets you. "I've found some people who saw the woman you're after," she tells you. "And there were three flights out of the country just before you arrived. I know she bought a ticket for one of them, but she also had two look-alikes buy tickets for the other two countries, I'm afraid."
"I'll figure it out," you tell her. "That's what I'm paid to do." You study her list.

Do we want to interview:

• The gaucho? [73]
• Patagonian Pete? [61]
• The fisherman? [166]

Or are we done, and ready to fly to:

• The United States? [5]
• Puerto Rico? [144]
• Hawaii? [123]

Score: 21 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: ?

Capybaras are actually both super chill and super cute:

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Separately reviewing the clues and with the somewhat weirdness of the pics we're sure we have Carmen as our perp?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

wedgekree posted:

Separately reviewing the clues and with the somewhat weirdness of the pics we're sure we have Carmen as our perp?
Recap: Our thief is female and has blue eyes. Check the Suspect List at the start of the thread if you've forgotten who's who! :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ask Pantagonia Pete. If he can’t help with Carmen, maybe he can point us toward the original Dread Pirate Roberts.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Fisherman

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Patagonia Pete!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I think our next destination is in the USA, but maybe we should talk to Patagonian Pete first.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[61] Interview - Patagonian Pete

Patagonia is a huge area right down south in South America. There aren't many people around, but there are plenty of sheep. It takes you a while to cross the grasslands to find your contact, Pete. When you find him, you ask about the woman you're after.

"Ah, I recall her well!" he tells you. "She was looking for someone who could change her money into American dollars."
You head back to the airport [52], in hopes of finding out where she might be heading.

Where next?

Do we want to interview:

• The gaucho? [73]
• Patagonian Pete?
• The fisherman? [166]

• The United States? [5]
• Puerto Rico? [144]
• Hawaii? [123]

Score: 23 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: uses US dollars

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:manning:

The gaucho

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Fisherman

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Gaucho ho!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Let's fish for her answers, man

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ask the fisherman if he’s ever caught anything bigger than 29.5 pounds. If not, I got him beat. :)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[166] Interview - Fisherman

The fisherman is the only person you've seen along the banks of the river. Despite the number of fish here in Argentina, fishing is not popular, and most people don't eat fish. You can't think why — personally, you love a good piece of catfish!
You ask the man about the woman you're looking for. He smiles.

"Ah, she was a beauty, that one!" he replies. "I wanted to go with her, but she said she was off to change her money into American dollars."
You thank him and wish him luck wish his fishing. You're off to try and catch a big fish of your own! It's back to the airport! [52]

Where next?

Do we want to interview:

• The gaucho? [73]
• Patagonian Pete?
• The fisherman?

• The United States? [5]
• Puerto Rico? [144]
• Hawaii? [123]

Score: 25 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: definitely uses US dollars

In other news, it seems the thief (non-canonically) dropped a video link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Quackles fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 20, 2019

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Motherfucker

Gaucho

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Gaucho

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Gonna vote Hawaii because it’s the one place we ain’t been yet.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Gaucho

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[73] Interview - Gaucho

The gaucho is a kind of South American cowboy. Seated on his horse, he is dressed ornately and sports a large hat on his head. He waves this (the hat, not his head) as he sees you coming.
"So," he says politely, "how many I help you?"
"Maybe you can tell me about the woman I'm after," you say, showing him her picture.

"Ah, I remember her well." He smiles. "A true beauty, that one. She said she was going somewhere where there was no industry but plenty of places to laze in the sun."
You think you know where your suspect has gone. But first you decide to head back to the airport [52] to verify your suspicions.

Where next?

Looks like we're done talking to people. Ready to fly to:

• The United States? [5]
• Puerto Rico? [144]
• Hawaii? [123]

Score: 27 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!! • Destination: definitely uses US dollars, 'no industry but plenty of places to laze in the sun'

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
To Hawaii!

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I guess it's Hawaii then.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[123] Hawaii

You've arrived in Hawaii. It became the fiftieth state of the United State of America in 1959. Hawaii is the name of the main island, but there are over 130 islands in the group. Oahu is the most built-up island, and also home to the famous navy base, Pearl Harbor.
The local agent arrives, almost out of breath. She's a pretty native girl, and she hands you a list.

"That was close," she tells you. "One of the V.I.L.E. agents almost caught me. I've found three people who've seen the thief you're tracking."
"I'll get on it right away," you promise, and look over her information.

Is the key to this whole mystery:

• The used-lei salesman? [33]
• The guide at the volcano? [56]
• The sailor? [147]

Score: 28 • Case: Great Wall • Warrant: Carmen Sandiego!!

Quackles fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This volcano guy is going to help explode this case