Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Interesting how Puerto Rico is listed like its own country :v:

The opera singer sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

India, they use rupees there. Not to be confused with Indonesia's rupiah!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's tie break with the Sikh.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The book is a bit disingenuous by implying that every male Sikh's name is just Singh, but eh. The history of the Sikhs is pretty rad and :black101: as well.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

G'day, Mr Case.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you think about it, all the continents are islands.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's our lad Justin Case.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's ask the banker.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Disappointed that there's no Maori option. Let's ask the farmer.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's ask the farmer, because I'm curious as to what they're farming.

FWIW, I think Eskimo has become not the right term to use since that book has been published. It's kinda like using Oriental.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Saudi Arabia, but I wanna say hi to the Inuit first.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dates I guess. Also looks like our character is confirmed Muslim, as you're not allowed into Mecca if you're not.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chess is best.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Tea picker!

Man, China... I've been reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms and learning a lot about its early (well, kinda) history, which is cool. If you can get the translation by Moss Roberts you're in for a treat.

Also, this is the final case? I somehow assumed we'd be using all of the suspect cards!

Can I interest you in this... "interesting" translation of RoTK that has replaced the names with "Westernised" names?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zenostein posted:

Everything on the Selected Quotations page reads like a paragraph out of a middle-schooler's notebook.

The best name in there is Looby-Hurtado and I will never change my mind about it.

Anyway, let's go to the museum.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

:patriot:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's go into the dark heart of American Capitalism

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

London calling

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I need my Friday Fish n Chips earlier this week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's ask the Bobby. Both India and China have a bunch of rice (although maybe the book disagrees).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sitar me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Don't cry for me, Marge and Tina