Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The game
Pokemon Snap is one of the many Pokemon spin-off games that came out on the Nintendo 64, and it's one of the handful based specifically on the anime. Combining the concept of a photography game with a rail shooter, you drive through several locales on Pokemon Island, find Pokemon in their natural habitat going about their pre-programmed lives, harass them with objects and noise, and take pictures of the results for points and science. It's a quick and simple game, but it garnered enough affection from players that we're still clamoring for a sequel decades later.

The story is such:
You are Todd Snap Snaphat, a Pokemon photographer and recurring side character from the early seasons of the anime. You've been hired by Professor Oak to drive through Pokemon Island and snap the best photos of every Pokemon there. Along the way, you both discover clues as to the location of the rarest Pokemon of all at the time.

The LP:
This will be a 100% LP: every Pokemon snapped, though I may not go for the best possible score because that often doesn't matter. I'll also try to show off as many special, secret Pokemon photos you can get, like all the random crap Pikachu gets up to. Updates are on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday for two weeks.
JigglyJacob joins me as co-commentator while our friend Mugiwara Yoshi is in the middle of moving.
The footage is recorded from a modded N64 that outputs an RGB signal through SCART, which bypasses the N64's built-in blurring and can be upscaled to HD. It may not look as good or run as smoothly as a ROM, but at least all of the graphics are still there.

----------------------------

----------------------------

Fanart

(By GreenGuy)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

You feed through your face, anyway.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Now we're just getting cruel.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The island never stops going down.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Finally, those things we've seen this whole time mean something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

That concludes this quickie LP!
Star Fox Adventures is still being worked on, but I've got a couple more N64-based ideas to fill in the gaps. I'm going to stream a revisitation of Bomberman Hero next week, and I bought Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for another potential filler LP.