Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Good that we're establishing Snapchat as a sociopath from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
You can actually coax the first Vulpix into meeting the other two by throwing a path of food onto the track to them though you'll want to do this as early as possible not screw yourself over.

I try to do this so I can keep a photo of them in the album named "The Three Caballeros".

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
As far as I know yeah and much like with leading Vulpix to its buddies, you want to lead Slowpoke to its fishing as early as possible if you want a good shot.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Fish Noise posted:

I'm still just trying to grapple with the camera using film.

This was before digital cameras became the standard.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While I do have a soft spot for Snap, Hey you Pikachu, and the Stadium series; I also believe that it is important to understand the state of the Pokémon franchise at the time of this game's creation and why any sequel is unlikely.

First and foremost, it's important to remember that Pokémon was not expected to become the behemoth it is now. Generation two was expected to be the point that the franchise would die off, hence why seems was more like an extension of Generation one while subsequent generations were more independent especially five onward.

This is also why there was an impetus to experiment with 3D models despite sprites being the primary form of depicting Pokémon in the mainline series until X/Y as Nintendo wanted these games out before Pokémon's popularity dropped. Likewise the usages of models to depict Pokémon has lost most of he impact it had when the N64 games were first released, something Nintendo themselves have gone on record on, with Battle Revolution being the death knell of the Stadium series.

I suspect that rather than full sequels, both Snap and Stadium will continue to be integrated into the mainline games as was mentioned in the video.