Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it makes me happy to see basement jaxx live in these sets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just finished a 4 hr set, feeling really good about it. i'm still just an amateur but i'm feeling 2024 to be the year of dj cumpantry, what an insanely addicting hobby

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

all the starts to my sets suck rear end! i feel like i always get into my groove by the 3rd song and can kill from there but the beginnings are slogs for sure. is this a matter of warming up before playing, or is it coming down to what i'm choosing to start with?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hey everyone i put together a 59:59 mix which i am nervous about cuz i'm still fresh to all this but would love thoughts and feedback regardless from the more wisened DJs present. thanks. i used Virtual DJ

https://youtu.be/DYFPLBDHrLw?si=xRbbKS2am5Yra9Tr

Mister Speaker posted:

VVV When I go live with these streams I always plan out the first four tracks ahead of time. Not sure why I picked four (other than it being one pass across my decks) but it seems to work for me in setting the tone, although the tone of tonight's livestream kind of went out the window 20 minutes in, lol. Food for thought I guess.

i'm gnawin. i've been starting with just 1 in mind, pretty sure that's been screwing me. i'm gonna play later so let me try thinking four steps ahead this time...

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

whys this thread so dead where the hell are the DJ's