Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

exquisite tea posted:

Lae'zel's rudeness is just funny to me. For the first 15 hours she's all like "We are to be purified immediately, istik. If you do not comply I will NOT hesitate to end you," while I'm here like oh, you're such a kidder!

Ask her about the teeth-lings in the grove and then have her ask about what cats are in the grove later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Daylight's not concentration so how do you do this? Asking for a friend

Uh

It's been two months since I did the Cazador fight, so I'm probably misremembering and I just long rested before starting the dialogue instead. DeadlyMuffin, I am sorry for giving you misleading information.

However, apparently you can actually get around this even without long resting, e.g. by recasting Daylight in a different area, or by sending the affected weapon to camp.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm going to have to rethink my Cazador approach the next time I see him because my 10,000 IQ method of "shoving him off a cliff" was sadly nerfed by Larian.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I assume you can still just cast light on yourself and sit just outside of dialogue range, or throw a lit weapon in his vicinity.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

Lae'zel's rudeness is just funny to me. For the first 15 hours she's all like "We are to be purified immediately, istik. If you do not comply I will NOT hesitate to end you," while I'm here like oh, you're such a kidder!

Yeah she cracks me up. She chats so much poo poo for someone who got locked in a wicker cage

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Professor Beetus posted:

Daylight's not concentration so how do you do this? Asking for a friend

If they’re talking about Light of Lathander then it’s a toggle in passives

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is there Xbox / PC cross platform co-op? This is finally out now and I want to play with a PC buddy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Black Noise posted:

If they’re talking about Light of Lathander then it’s a toggle in passives

They were talking about daylight. What I did this time around was cast it on my mc and then just changed weapons before starting the dialogue.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Light and Light of Lethander aren’t a problem. Daylight will damage all the NPCs and make them run away, locking out dialogue options (that include helping Astarion be a better person).

You can change weapons or cast it elsewhere before starting the dialogue, but don’t forget to do it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Geekboy posted:

Light and Light of Lethander aren’t a problem. Daylight will damage all the NPCs and make them run away, locking out dialogue options (that include helping Astarion be a better person).

You can change weapons or cast it elsewhere before starting the dialogue, but don’t forget to do it.

weirdly I distinctly remember doing the Cazador fight using Daylight and I had no problems with this. It could be this got patched or its just inconsistent. I put the globe dead center in the middle of the arena so. :shrug:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Monathin posted:

weirdly I distinctly remember doing the Cazador fight using Daylight and I had no problems with this. It could be this got patched or its just inconsistent. I put the globe dead center in the middle of the arena so. :shrug:

Yeah, that was what I did the first time and it hosed everything up but I rolled with it. I was still able to get light side Astarion but I couldn't get the staff so all the thralls remained locked up. The Gur at least were still happy that their kids were alive and I assume they'll eventually figure something out with those doors.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Berserker Barbarian Karlach is overpowered in Honor Mode and definitively better than EK because prone prevents Legendary Actions.

Damage output is no longer monstrous but accuracy is still great. Karlach is actually quite a lot behind Monk Astarion, Sorcerer Durge and even Bard/Wizard Minthara in terms of damage output but her single special ability to consistently knock prone is gamebreaking.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 9, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Had a funny series of events with the Zhentarim questline in Act 1. So I went into the cave where Rugan and Olly were and did that Gnoll Fight from there. Both of them died during it. I used speak with dead to talk to Rugan and he spilled the beans about the shipment and the password to the hideout. So I made my way over to the hideout and talked my way in, but the Zhentarim leader (whose name I forgot) asked me to retrieve the shipment as a price for them not killing me. I informed her that I already found it and that Rugan and Olly died. She cursed and asked if I had the shipment. I did but...I must have put it on another NPC that wasn't in my party at the time (or maybe sent it to my camp). So I told her I had it but lost it and she flipped her poo poo and the whole place attacked me lol. I was fine with it and killed them all. More loot for me, plus the Zhentarim are assholes anyways. Kinda funny how it all played out though. It's cool that Rugan dying didn't lock me out of that questline.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I haven't really looked into this since I've been mostly playing with default everything so far, but does it break the story in any way if you change your companions' classes? Or can you respec them willy-nilly without the plot getting messed up?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I haven't really looked into this since I've been mostly playing with default everything so far, but does it break the story in any way if you change your companions' classes? Or can you respec them willy-nilly without the plot getting messed up?

It always pretends they were what they were originally.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

No. Make Gale a barbarian, Lae'zel a bard, and Karlach a wizard. Everything's on the table (but their stories will stay the same).

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

EorayMel posted:

Ask her about the teeth-lings in the grove and then have her ask about what cats are in the grove later
Might have to start a new game just for this.

Never mind a new game, though; I finally read the patch notes and want to go back for that epilogue in my Tav game even if it will end in Karlach, Wyll and I going full Deaf Forever all over again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ginette Reno posted:

Had a funny series of events with the Zhentarim questline in Act 1. So I went into the cave where Rugan and Olly were and did that Gnoll Fight from there. Both of them died during it. I used speak with dead to talk to Rugan and he spilled the beans about the shipment and the password to the hideout. So I made my way over to the hideout and talked my way in, but the Zhentarim leader (whose name I forgot) asked me to retrieve the shipment as a price for them not killing me. I informed her that I already found it and that Rugan and Olly died. She cursed and asked if I had the shipment. I did but...I must have put it on another NPC that wasn't in my party at the time (or maybe sent it to my camp). So I told her I had it but lost it and she flipped her poo poo and the whole place attacked me lol. I was fine with it and killed them all. More loot for me, plus the Zhentarim are assholes anyways. Kinda funny how it all played out though. It's cool that Rugan dying didn't lock me out of that questline.

Does anyone know (Zhentarim spoilers) if not dealing with them in act 1 means a much different fight with the guild in act 3? Because the Zhent got clowned hard in my last run, not a single guild ally died or even dropped to half damage and the Zhent felt extremely weak, outclassed by pretty much all the guild folk. I imagine if the big group from Act 1 gets to go to BG, it becomes a much more even fight?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The guild also starts from two storeys up and Nine Fingers has Home Alone 2 bricks.

exquisite tea posted:

I'm going to have to rethink my Cazador approach the next time I see him because my 10,000 IQ method of "shoving him off a cliff" was sadly nerfed by Larian.
If he didn't have ridiculously high INIT I'm pretty sure a Lathander-toting Shadowheart could have walk-off homered him with canned sunshine and soloed his whole crew.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 9, 2023

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
ARGH, I had a perfect Raphael battle, banishing Korilla before I nuked everything and then beat Raphael into pulp. But the battle didn't end because Korilla was still alive and I forgot I was supposed to non-lethal her. So I turned off banish and the turn order was Yurgir who immediately killed her. This is something I'd reload for but alas honor mode.

Incidentally, globe of invulnerability still trivializes the fight regardless of the legendary actions.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ChronoReverse posted:

ARGH, I had a perfect Raphael battle, banishing Korilla before I nuked everything and then beat Raphael into pulp. But the battle didn't end because Korilla was still alive and I forgot I was supposed to non-lethal her. So I turned off banish and the turn order was Yurgir who immediately killed her. This is something I'd reload for but alas honor mode.

Incidentally, globe of invulnerability still trivializes the fight regardless of the legendary actions.
^^^ Kinda what it says on the tin ^^^

Did you use Hope's Banish or someone else's?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can’t you ctrl-alt-del + “end process” in honour mode?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

^^^ Kinda what it says on the tin ^^^

Did you use Hope's Banish or someone else's?
My Minthara is respecced as Bard/Wizard so she did the banish. It worked perfectly, I just forgot to watch the turn order when turning off Banish.

I've done everything to accumulate all the power I wanted at this point, going to deal with Orin and then the Netherbrain.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Sure, and you could also restore your save from versioned cloud backup or use Cheat Engine. Ultimately nothing can stop you.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Stupid question: how do you cancel spells? I just wait for them to time out, which is funny. I feel like you should just be able to stop concentrating if you want.

Also this

One note for controller/PS5 is that it's very wonky and the disable spell button might not appear on the scroll wheel. In that case you'll have to set it yourself to use it. I found that out about disguise self. I thought you had to long rest to disable it.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Jay Rust posted:

Yes but only filthy cheaters do this

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Shumagorath posted:

The guild also starts from two storeys up and Nine Fingers has Home Alone 2 bricks.

Yeah that's true, height is a pretty distinct advantage in this game. Still, I imagine it would have been a bit more of a fight if they had literally anyone who wasn't a lovely jobber

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Lord Bude posted:

He’s a vampire. Cast daylight.

I figured something so basic wouldn't work.

Khizan posted:

It's also a good time to break out the Blood of Lathandar, if you have it.

Never going to get rid of that. When i realized its secondary damage was fire not radiant it became way more useful.

I also realized i could just, switch out Asterion before the battle so I can just kill Cazador without dealing with rescuing him. But that doesn't help with the skelly mage, because somehow his sleep/eyebite spell has a 100% success rate, while when i use it, its like 10%.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tonetta posted:

If you fail can't you just continue out of honor mode?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

sebmojo posted:

If you fail can't you just continue out of honor mode?

You could but I've outright deleted the entire campaigns of my fails.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I also realized i could just, switch out Asterion before the battle so I can just kill Cazador without dealing with rescuing him. But that doesn't help with the skelly mage, because somehow his sleep/eyebite spell has a 100% success rate, while when i use it, its like 10%.
Yeah gently caress that guy. Pretty sure he still has critical vulnerability to gravity.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

This is why Alert is so powerful. Going first means you can get off your counters first (in this case, something that blinds like Hunger of Hagar nerfs it).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tonetta posted:

It’s a powerful gamer move. Try it.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

ChronoReverse posted:

This is why Alert is so powerful. Going first means you can get off your counters first (in this case, something that blinds like Hunger of Hagar nerfs it).

Lvl 3 Fog Cloud blinds Cazador but not the bats and has no effect on a daylight enchanted weapon.

It doesn’t have to be level 3 that’s just what I had at the time. I’m not even sure if his legendary triggers if he can’t see you approaching.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

From last night's red carpet:

What a bunch of lovable weirdos.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay I am like 90% done with the OP and am now onto tips and tricks, if you have specific tricks that need to go on here (I've got the stuff in the title)

also if you have a funny thread title time to bust it out

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ChronoReverse posted:

Yea I gave alert to everyone because it was super helpful to have all my party go fairly closet together, and before enemies. Though Cazador has a +9 to initiative so he's always going first.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

99% Kiss based bug reports

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I gave alert to everyone because it was super helpful to have all my party go fairly closet together, and before enemies. Though Cazador has a +9 to initiative so he's always going first.

Elixir of Vigilance :eng101:

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 9, 2023

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

That's why my entire party in this honor run has 8+ initiative *taps head*.

But only half the party got to go first :shrug: Wasn't too much of a problem luckily.

Black Noise posted:

Elixir of Vigilance :eng101:
Thank you for the reminder, I was just about to go fight Orin as Durge so I might as well make sure I go first.

Yikes, I messed up thinking Otto's Irresistible Dance would be useful (it landed but didn't actually stop her). Luckily Hold Person worked but that Warding Bond I casted before the fight put in a lot of work. 86 damage through the resistance, that could have ended me if I hadn't been overkill prepared (and it turned out it wasn't overkill).

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Monathin posted:

Okay I am like 90% done with the OP and am now onto tips and tricks, if you have specific tricks that need to go on here (I've got the stuff in the title)

also if you have a funny thread title time to bust it out

Examine your enemies, especially in big tough fights.