Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
True, I guess it's more that the the replacement nominee options get limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just remembered that clearly since its the moment that I became a BB fan.

There was a luxury comp hosted by Ovi. BB shipping in the only likable HGs. Because this crew needed a treat. Jackson won, of course. Its BB21. Jackson of course has been complaining that he wish he hadn’t won and taken it from people in a totally backhanded bragging way but he’s such a good guy and feels so bad. Because he’s an rear end in a top hat.

Cliff hosed up making that deal with Jackson last night, realized it talking to Nicole, and today he went to Jackson to clarify that he will NOT take him to F2. That’s probably a first. He said he has a F2 with Nicole and he doesn’t want to have 2 but he just was tired and confused and apologizes. Jackson thanked him for his honesty, but he’ll probably complain about that later to Holly even though he was clearly lying too. But Jackson and Holly are big on “its hosed up that they didn’t believe our lies and planned to betray us before we were planning to betray them.”

Cliff told Nicole he still plans to keep his word and bring Jackson to F3, which Nicole said she’s ok with. Nicole told the cameras that she’d be “proud” to be at F3 with Jackson but she knows Holly would give her and Cliff a better chance of F2 and she was undecided on what to do if she gets the chance. My guess is this will play out like last week. Pre POV Cliff and Nicole will promise “no funny business” and say they’re just happy to have a chance. If one of them wins POV and they actually have the chance to make the obvious game move then I can’t imagine they won’t consider it considering how much they debated it this past week.

Jackson and Holly realize Cliff’s completely mentally exhausted and just playing sloppy now (Gee, I wonder why). They obviously have no intention to keep any of their deals or throw POV. Lots of blah blah about how they’re morally righteous because Nicole and Cliff betrayed them first after they were so loyal for that 1 week. Holly feels put out that they’re “making” her make a F3 deal… you know, even thought she was offering that deal all last week. You get the deal. Nicole and Cliff are evil, Jackson and Holly carry no responsibility for anything they’ve ever done, blah blah blah.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is Cliff the best "Old Person" archetype that they've ever cast? In the past I've always held that honor for Donny (I will preface that by saying I've only been watching since BB15), but coming into a game where everyone is 30+ years younger than him. Winning comps when he's had to, making moves when he's had to, he's really been successful. I guess part of it to is sticking to his word which at least gives people a good read on him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not really that high on Cliff's game. He hasn't won that much and he hasn't really "kept his word" all that much. He's played a very snake/rat game. Which like, is fine. I'm not morally offended by the guy or anything. But his game has been "assure everyone you are good with them and then promise what you need to to move one week forward." Which again, fine. Its been effective.

Its weird. He's at F4 with a chance to win the game if he survives this week. So its hard to argue with the success. But a lot of his jury status is unearned because Gr8ful did that weird thing where they excused all their backstabbing and fuckups and general sliminess by convincing themselves Cliff was actually a genius puppetmaster manipulating them. He was just trying to float along but they just all collectively agreed to elevate him so they could use him as a scapegoat for their poo poo. Jackson and Holly are STILL doing it by blaming him and Nicole for their dirty play.

So like he might be the best of a generally bad field. I think Donny was smarter but just didn't have anyone and Battle of Block made it impossible to do what Cliff, Nicole, and to a lesser extent Jess did here. But Cliff certainly managed to combine a solid social game with a general game plan (even if its not really one I personally respect). But I'm not sure he actually did anything to develop the jury rep he has that gives him a chance of winning.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 14, 2019

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty sure evel dick is the best BB Old Dude

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/VOMinorities/status/1172638929050361856

Nominations happened. Obviously they don’t really matter but to no surprise Holly and Jackson are up. Also to no surprise Holly i salty.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1172676127397167104

Jackson on the other hand is feeling a lot better from his “episode” of “guilt” last night.
https://twitter.com/BB21LiveFeeds/status/1172677187276890112

Cliff is kind of losing it. He’s walking around like a zombie and seems completely checked out and over everything. He’s made kind of a mess with these deals so he wants to have a House Meeting and just put them all out in the open. Basically he wants to have Holly and Jackson publicly tell each other they’re voting each other just as they’re telling him they will. This is all rather absurd and pointless and everyone’s just a liar.

For the most part everyone’s just sleeping. There’s no real game to be played at this stage and the feeds should be unwatchable if not for Cliff losing his mind, Holly’s continued existential crisis, and Jackson’s show performance of positive human emotions.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Regarding Final 4 veto mechanics, I have a vague memory that when the non-nominated non-HoH person wins the veto they then cast their sole vote to evict by vetoing someone (which doesn't cause a weird scheduling issue because the F4 veto meeting and eviction ceremony are always at the same time on the live show).

Speaking of weird endgame mechanics and scheduling, it's so weird that Final 4 is getting its own week here. When was the last time that happened? I can't believe Final 5 through finale is really being spread out over 3 whole weeks with no twists or anything. There's a reason Survivor does that part of the game all in one night!! You could fit an entire Celebrity BB season in the time it's taking BB21 to get from Final 5 to finale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like technically there just isn't a POV Ceremony at F4. If the HOH wins there's an abbreviated one but otherwise the POV winner is just automatically off the block, the other two are on, and you just go straight to eviction.

I've come around to the theory that BB just didn’t want to risk Jack winning a Battle Back and coming back into the house. Its kind of funny thinking back to his eviction and how Julie called him out on poo poo when no one since has gotten that kind of eviction. Granted Jackson would be the next likely suspect and he hasn’t left, but still.

So...

15th, Sunday - HOH/Luxury Comp
18th, Wednesday - POV/Live eviction
19th, Thursday - Recap/Start the 1st Leg of HOH
22nd, Sunday - Finish 1st Leg/2nd leg
25th, Wednesday - Finale

So the 22nd seems like an empty episode. I guess they can flesh it out with the Jury or something. It would be cool if we got a F3 eviction then and then a proper F2 Jury like the old days, but that seems unlikely.

Its also not something that existed while I've been watching so I'm literally pining for old days I never experienced. Maybe it sucked.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole is stir crazy.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto1/status/1172725807250386945
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto1/status/1172727419167498240
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto1/status/1172729942150459392

This is probably why there’s not usually a week for the F4.

They weren’t allowed to talk to Ovi when he came in. He just hosted the comp. So Ovi couldn’t tell them which of them were disinvited to his wedding.

Jackson: I love Ovi. He’s such a good kid. I hope they bring him back. I don’t want to see David back.
It’s like he tries.

I don’t think I mentioned it but apparently Tommy’s last words to Jackson before he left the house were “You loving got me, you piece of poo poo.” Jackson was “crying” about that last night.

Holly told Cliff and Nicole that she told Jackson she was cutting him and its hard but she just has played this game with honesty and integrity and she isn’t gonna “falter now.” She’s of course lying but its ok because Nicole bullied her.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1172741435138990080

Nicole and Cliff seem to actually believe her and Nicole says if she wins POV she’s taking out Jackson. Nicole says she’s kind of rooting for Holly because she feels bad Holly threw the HOH and she feels she owes her. Cliff says she doesn’t really owe her because it was the agreement they made to keep her. Nicole still feels bad because she broke the F4 deal and she’s worried how she’s coming off to America. Cliff says given “the information we got” its ok. Nicole basically says she sees things from a game perspective and is ok with people breaking deals for the better move when she watches, but other people might hate her. Nicole is annoyed that Jackson and Holly insisted during the House Meeting that they carried Cliff and Nicole there and owed their games to them. Cliff and Nicole point out a bunch of things they’ve done to help Jackson and Holly reach this point and agree its bullshit. Apparently at one point of the fight Nicole said she was in F4 “by the grace of God” and Holly said “NO! BECAUSE OF US!”
https://twitter.com/BB21Tea/status/1172748842254495744

Holly tells Jackson and they’re real happy and smug about blindsiding two jurors for no real reason. Because they bullied them.
https://twitter.com/hamsterwatch/status/1172747186687201280

Cliff comes around and Holly goes to DR so Jackson lays it on real thick about hard it is to vote her out but its necessary and his word and blah blah. Jackson says if anyone is going to send him out the door he hopes it’s Holly. For the life of me I can’t think of a single reason for Jackson and Holly to be doing this except purely out of spite. And even out of spite Holly shouldn’t be doing this because she KNOWS if Cliff wins he’s made an agreement to vote her out! Holly is ACTIVELY worsening her chances of advancing to F3!
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1172743047614013440

There are people who think Jackson is a great game player.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto1/status/1172750084456570881

Nicole the Bully.
https://twitter.com/BB21LiveFeeds/status/1172747900214026241

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My god these people are loving stupid.

Isn’t the last Sunday usually a recap episode?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Shitbag Jackson wins veto. Of course

Bye Cliff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm honestly not mad Cliff is gonna pay for being real dumb. I kind of enjoy that kind of BB karma and I've never really respected Cliff's game. Its fitting it ends with too many bullshit deals.

I of course don't like that Jackson and Holly are making F3 and probably F2. But that's BB21. One person gets what they deserve, two assholes win. At least they're unnecessarily being assholes to the season's fan favorites for their legacy.

Now I'm going back to my day long overflowing water heater, flooded basement crisis.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Should've loving voted out Holly!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SalTheBard posted:

Should've loving voted out Holly!

There were equal risks either way. It was better to keep Tommy for this week, but better to have Holly next week. Neither choice was a dumb move unless you can see the future. And even if Tommy was there, if Jackson had won the veto he would still be the deciding vote and there's no reason to believe he would have kept Cliff over Tommy.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
The Tommy decision would look a lot less dumb if Cliff/Nicole's reasoning was "we can beat Jackson/Holly at F4 veto based on what that comp has been in past seasons" and not "Tommy is lying and Jackson is telling the truth."

I mean maybe when we see the Thursday stuff tonight it will make a little bit more sense but I think they really look like fools here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I’ve been completely preoccupied by my water heater deciding to spit like 100 gallons of water into my basement on a Saturday morning and a weekend of bailing out water, trying to fix what I can DIY (the basement sink was leaking too the sump pump shorted out) and finding the money to replace the thing. And no hot showers or hot water for anything for 3 days. It’s been fun. But the plumber is the basement and the bank is checking to see if I meant to take all my money out of my account so I caught up a little on what I missed.

Basically Jackson and Holly told Nicole the they were voting Cliff out. Nicole appears to have understood the game move and wasn’t terribly surprised as she never actually trusted Jackson and this is part of why she wanted to keep Tommy and was debating with Cliff all last week. But she’s sad for Cliff and sad that HOH being thrown to her might have made the difference and ended Cliff’s game (she’s nice, but karma wise its probably fitting that Cliff is the one to go since he’s the one who trusted Jackson so much and wanted to keep Holly).

But of course Jackson is Jackson which means he’s been lecturing her (or one might say “mansplaining) over and over and over and over about it and how its her fault and her doing and she’s in the wrong and blah blah blah. Again, Nicole doesn’t seem to really be disputing that Jackson is making the smart game move or anything and at most see seems to be pointing out that all the theatrics the last few days have been unnecessary and that she probably should have believed Tommy. He’s just not actually satisfied with winning, he has to be the righteous hero. We’ve seen the same thing with how he dealt with Holly, Christie, Jack, etc. Nicole, to her credit, doesn’t seem to have as high a tolerance for it as some of them
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...368725703208960

Nicole of course told Cliff (even though Jackson comically told her not). Jackson and Holly comically got annoyed at Nicole. Cliff comically told Jackson he’s awesome and great. Jackson was planning to give some big dramatic POV speech about what monsters Cliff and Nicole are and Cliff has asked him not to. We’ll see.

If I get a hot shower later I might take the time to go back and do a writeup. Here’s a taste of Jackson’s “explaining” things to Nicole.
https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status/1173343424679825408

edit: Oh, before Jackson told Nicole Nicole gave the HOH room to him and Holly. Because, you know, they a night up there and Nicole is a monster.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 16, 2019

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Nicole has zero chance. Jackson would be stupid to take Holly, even though I think he beats her too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine Jackson could actually hurt his case by voting out Holly. Its an especially slimy move and Jackson isn't Drew, Holly isn't Diane, and Nicole isn't Cowboy. I don't know if it would hurt enough to get Nicole a win, but if you assume Nicole's only real shot is the jury being "bitter" towards Jackson then him making the biggest dick move of the season as his final move is probably the wrong way to play it.

I think Jackson probably has it no matter what. He's won a bunch and most of Gr8ful likes and respects him and have a personal interest in elevating their poo poo alliance and circle of douchebag friends. Holly could maybe benefit from that if the jury doesn't like Jackson, but I don't think they especially like or respect Holly. And Holly played the game in a way I think is fundamentally flawed, hiding behind Jackson and claiming her hands were clean of his moves for the purpose of Jury Management. But that sort of play comes off cowardly, insulting, and manipulative a lot of the time, I think.

So yeah, the bigoted, misogynist douchebag wins. That's life.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hope his lasting legacy is that he killed Have Nots because he couldn't hack it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wish that sunk in more, or at all on the edit. Have Nots died because Jackson handled them worse than Jessica and Christie.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

I wish that sunk in more, or at all on the edit. Have Nots died because Jackson handled them worse than Jessica and Christie.

You're leaving out the worst part. His mommy complained to production and threatened them so they went easy on him.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Where's momma

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

SweetJahasus posted:

You're leaving out the worst part. His mommy complained to production and threatened them so they went easy on him.

Do we know this for sure?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Faustian Bargain posted:

Nicole has zero chance. Jackson would be stupid to take Holly, even though I think he beats her too.

If Jackson takes Nicole she wins. If Nicole takes Holly she wins. She has not a bad chance.

Just to take the Jackson vs. Nicole scenario, Nicole has Jess because she won't vote for a man, she'll have Tommy for obvious reasons, which means she'll have Christie, Jack might (probably) is still pissed off and will vote for Nicole and Chicken will do what he says. There's 5.

edit: Oh yeah and Nicole has Cliff. She has this if the gets to F2.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 17, 2019

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jess has a very low opinion of Nicole, I would not count on her vote.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Snowmankilla posted:

Do we know this for sure?
It was rumored on twitter but there was no real confirmation. There was a lot of stuff going around about Jackson's past and a lot of claims about him getting in a lot of trouble and his mother constantly getting him out of it. People claiming to be old classmates and stuff like that. But its all kind of innuendo.

I don't go for the conspiracy stuff when I can avoid it. They actually had Have Nots the week after Jackson's cheating, but Sam, Jess, and Nicole handled it without incident (its actually when Sam and Nicole got close which had lasting ramifications as it got Nicole close to Nick). They died the week after when Jackson was having a breakdown in Have Nots after Day 44. I assume it was done to give Jackson his hideaway since he was already getting therapy in there since W2. And maybe to avoid him going back on, although Jess was sagely saying she wasn't going to do that because Jackson wanted to be the martyr.

1glitch0 posted:

Nicole has Jess because she won't vote for a man
This is a Jackson driven "feminism is hatred of men" thing. Jess definitely played up the whole "girls stick together" thing all season but her actions never actually supported it. She voted out Nicole over Cliff in W3 without any real issue, refused to even consider voting out Jack next to Bella in Week 4, and she was actively trying to work with Jackson and later Tommy. She also was very anti-Nicole for the last few weeks and was actively targeting her, she also said one of her regrets was not working with Jack. I don't know which way she'd vote but she was really against Nicole going out and still against her in the Jury video.

1glitch0 posted:

Jack might (probably) is still pissed off and will vote for Nicole and Chicken will do what he says. There's 5.
I obviously could be wrong but Jack is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever voting for Nicole over Jackson to win BB. He was begging Jackson's forgiveness at the end of his week and basically making Holly look like she stands up to him.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 17, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, hot showers. I took you for granted like a juror I insisted on mansplaining why they suck to.

Whoops.
https://twitter.com/BB21Tea/status/1173708954389475328

Cliff is debating making a deal with Jackson promising to take him to F2. I mean, anything’s worth a try, I guess. Nicole is ok with him meaning it and breaking his F2 with her because she says she rather see Cliff there at the end than the royal couple. She’s such a monster. Cliff doesn’t seem to have a ton of fight left in him. He’s been done since the Tommy/Holly/Jackson drama and there’s not really any rational pitch to make for Jackson to evict Holly.

Otherwise Cliff and Nicole basically seem to just be live feeding what a condescending dick Jackson is (but nicely) and discussing their favorite books. Nicole is just out of school so she’s transition from that “reading for homework” thing to rediscovering the classics for the love of reading. She really likes Of Mice and Men and Lord of the Flies. Cliff likes mystery and sci-fi like Agatha Christie and The Foundation trilogy. He really likes that one and explains it to Nicole. I don’t think I’ve ever heard BB HGs discuss books that weren’t self help or Harry Potter. Cliff tells Nicole about his buddy who got him into sci-fi growing up, which he figures is ok because he’s dead. BB disagrees and protects Cliff’s poor dead nerd childhood friend.

For what its worth both Nicole and Cliff have expressed that they’re leaning towards voting for Holly over Cliff at F2.

An example of Cliff talking about what a douche Jackson is but very nicely.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1173674678126338048

Weird moment post POV. Run, Holly, run.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1173634777431326720

Ok big rear end flash back to the drama I missed. Probably the last big one of the season.

Jackson telling Nicole. He asked Nicole not to say anything to Cliff “for his health.” What a loving douchebag. Jackson was planning to give a big speech at the POV Ceremony that doesn’t happen at F4 so he was giving Nicole a sneak preview of it. You guys already saw the clips of the talk. Jack is a man of his word, Nicole and Cliff didn’t reciprocate, one’s character means nothing once someone else does something else. Nicole calls it an excuse and says he’s “blowing smoke up her rear end.” “Don’t use last week as an excuse for this week.” Nicole basically argues that its game and he needs to just own it and not use excuses. Jackson helps me better understand the meaning of “mansplaining.” “Cliff has changed and he’s dirty blah blah.” Jackson seems to quasi be presenting its some kind of loyalty/respect to Nicole while he’s yelling at her and telling her how she disrespected and betrayed him. That’s familiar. Nicole points out that when Jackson said that Tommy wanted to take Nicole over Cliff because she was easier to beat he was really telling her his own plan. Jackson denies it and tells her she’s “making assumptions again.” Nicole says Jackson and Holly have had a good plan and she’ll take it on the chin and congratulate them, but Jackson denies there’s any plan and blows a ton of smoke about how Nicole will beat him and Holly in F3. Which Nicole calls out for his “southern gentleman thing” and tells him to quit it. Nicole’s very clearly not taking offense to Jackson’s move and is just being self deprecating about her own mistakes. Jackson says going against his word just goes so against his character that he needs to berate her on end about her breaking her word. Or something like that. Jackson implies that Cliff is a misogynist who talked down to Holly by “allowing her” to compete in POV after she had agreed not to. Jackson claims the game was never about broken deals until BB Comics, which is maybe the most deluded thing said on a season of delusion.

Jackson: I wanted to tell Cliff but I don’t want to today for his health. This is not me being shady or secret, I don’t want to jeopardize his health.

Holly joins and Nicole again says its game and she never really thought it made sense to believe Jackson/Holly would go against each other. So Jackson again goes on about how they only lied and made fake deals because of Cliff. Jackson and Holly insist they really did never have a F2 and were always going to turn on each other until BB Comics when they realized they were the only people who had been loyal to each other. Nicole doesn’t buy it and says they were always “unbreakable” and the two keep denying it and lying that they were never working together. Nicole again says she’s cool with it and that’s why she wasn’t really on board with the whole “throw HOH” thing, which makes Holly defensive about how she was forced into it. Jackson and Holly whine some more about how they were never going to break their Final Four (this Final Four, not the other one they had) and how much it hurt and blah blah. Nicole again says she gets it, she just thinks its kind of an excuse because Jackson was always keeping Holly. Which they keep lying and fighting about. Holly goes on an extended argument about how she had to throw HOH while Nicole isn’t arguing about that one way or another.

Nicole: I guess what I’m saying is we don’t need all these reasons and excuses.
Jackson: But that’s why it’s happening.
Nicole: There’s no need for it. I get it. You know what I’m saying?
Jackson: But for me to break my word, it kills me on the inside. So I’m just trying to explain…
Nicole: But you’re not really breaking your word because you guys have been working alongside each other so much longer than the four of us.

Jackson does more lah blah my word is everything blah blah I’m not about to let her leave the house blah blah I’m not going to hand someone a F2 spot. Nicole says he doesn’t need to justify it and they’re like any duo. Jolly AGAIN claim they never had a F2 and were expecting to be separated. Nicole, “But you don’t have to say it.” Blah blah everything changed after BB Comics.” Nicole says she doesn’t think either of them should take Cliff over each other, she just thinks Cliff should be there over her. The monster. Nicole cries and says Cliff deserves it more than him and that she should thrown the HOH to Cliff because he was the one arguing to keep Holly and making a deal to counter Tommy and she’s benefiting from it. Nicole says Cliff always trusted them so him going and her staying because of what she did last week bothers her. Jackson understands that, because its about what Nicole did wrong and not Jackson. Nicole says she’s just upset because Cliff’s going out on her HOH, Holly says that almost happened to her on Jackson’s, Nicole is all “yeah, so we’re going through the same thing”, and they’re all “no, we’re not, we’re bigger martyrs.” Nicole politely leaves (her own HOH) to go process things and they keep arguing with her out the door.

Jackson: When that bonds was broken its time to play dirty.
Holly: Not play dirty. Just play fair.
Jackson: Just do what we have to.
Nicole: All right.
Jackson: Just wanted to let you know.
Nicole: Yep.

After Nicole leaves Jackson and Holly agree that everything is indeed Nicole’s fault. Jackson doesn’t think she holds anything against them. She’s rational so she knows Jackson is a saint. Then more blah blah about how they’re awesome and everyone else is the problem. They both agree they had to tell Nicole because she and Cliff were offending them by telling Holly how much respect they had for her and how she was leaving the game with integrity and honesty. They agree they were very honest and awesome and it sucks that Cliff is taking the bullet for Nicole and how they never ever even thought of going against them. Jesus these arrogant assholes love repeating their self delusions.

Jackson then went and harassed Nicole some more while Nicole just says she made a stupid move. Which Jackson again needs to fight while Nicole clearly wants none of this and repeatedly says its game and she’s not upset by that. Jackson bounces back and forth between telling her what a backstabbing liar she is and doing his faux rear end kissing of her. He gives her a pep talk about how hard she’s fought and blah blah. I think its Jackson attempting Jury Management.

Jackson: I don’t know if you want to hear it.
Nicole: Nope.

Nicole gets annoyed so turns from Jackson to try and get a minute away from “the therapy session.” Which Jackson keeps going on and on about how he’s “honored” to be going to F3 with her and would be to sit next to her at F2. Cliff comes and goes saving Nicole for a time. Holly comes around and Jackson starts back up again. Nicole tries to convince Jackson not to give some big “you betrayed us” speech at the never happened POV ceremony and says there’s no need for excuses because “America” will understand why he’s saving Holly. Jackson says its important for him to tell America why he’s breaking his word so they don’t think he’s a bad guy and Nicole says but its done to make them look bad instead. Nicole’s clearly had enough and says she’s tired of this and she’s getting snarky. Jackson says this is how they do things “in the South.” “The South” has had tough sells from BB players like Jackson and Aaryn. Nicole says if she comes out of this as the one who ruined everything she’ll accept it for what it is. Jackson “my words” some more. Nicole points out that Jackson didn’t have to actually give his word that he’s going to break after the HOH. Jackson again says they made him do it. That’s when Nicole’s “Jackson and Holly are the martyrs of the season” line came. Jackson stormed away quietly and Holly quickly followed.

Nicole tells the cameras its a game and she applauds their move and she believes she had to take her shot before they took theirs. Nicole says if America wants to boo her “and throw tomatoes” she’s ok with that. Nicole says she’s not from the South, she’s from NY and its “kill or be killed”. She says she never expected them to not take each other and that’s just common sense. Nicole says they’ve all been hypocrites and that’s ok because its a game. She wishes Jackson would just say “Holly’s my gal, she’s coming with me to F3” and stop the excuses. She doesn’t buy them and knows what Jackson’s doing. She says she’s tired so she’s taking it hard. Nicole says she will applaud Jackson/Holly if they’re at F2 and vote for who will win, but she doesn’t know how she’s going to get through the rest of the house with them alone. Nicole says that if America sees her as the villain. she’ll deal with that because this isn’t as bad as real problems you can have in life.
https://twitter.com/JokersBBUpdates/status/1173485557642448898

Inside Holly tells Jackson she’s lost a lot of respect for Nicole and that Jackson was very “honest and respectful” and it showed how immature Nicole is compared to Jackson. Holly mocks Nicole talking to the cameras and calls Nicole a bully some more and say she’s throwing a tantrum. Jackson says when things went bad for him on Day 44 he didn’t do this… he spent 3 days moping in the Have Nots room. Nicole spent an hour on the hammock. Holly says its a bummer that she’s losing more and more respect for Nicole every day. “That’s not how life works.” Holly mocks Nicole talking to the cameras some more and calls it an “awkward feed session.” More self delusion about how they were always honest and this is only happening because of Nicole. Holly says she should be thanking them because it would have been her and says that she regrets throwing the HOH (for the 100th time).

Holly: You got Backstreet Boys and gave your HOH to her for part of the week… and she tried to backdoor me! Treat others how you hope they’ll treat you, but it doesn’t always work but you still try.
Holly really loves that HOH room. And she doesn’t know what “backdoor” means.

Nicole goes and tells Cliff. Cliff takes it well. Nicole says she’s upset that Jackson can’t just do it and has to make it all about them going against their words, pointing out they ended up still going to F4 with them so he would have chosen Holly anyway. Cliff says he gets what Jackson is saying but he didn’t have to make further deals after Tommy’s eviction. Yeah, that was weird. Nicole says the royal couple are being “very lecturing” and she knows it’s for the cameras and game. Then Nicole just rants awhile about how none of this is necessary and Jackson could just say he’s keeping his girl. She calls Jackson’s post Tommy Eviction deals “insult to injury.” Nicole’s worried she’ll lose her cool when she’s left alone with them.

This is poetry.
Jackson: Did they not think there’d be repercussions?
Holly: No, I don’t think they did! I think the arrogance has gotten a little out of control.
Jackson: Are we arrogant?
Holly: I don’t know. I hope not. I’m trying to stay in check with everything. I’m not trying to… I don’t know, I’m trying to look at this from an outside perspective and make sure we’re not…
Jackson: Because I feel like we were significantly less boisterous, especially considering that we’ve had 5 HOHs between us.
Holly: I know.
Jackson: That’s impressive, Holly. 12 wins between the both of us.
Holly I know.

Holly says she feels Nicole getting cold to her and she thinks its because she doesn’t have girlfriends and the’re so different on the outside but so similar on the inside. I don’t know what offends me more, Holly basically saying she’s hot and Nicole’s not or Holly doing her “I’m an ordinary girl who is extraordinary, just like you can be!” thing. Holly doesn’t understand what Nicole has against her. “I’ve done nothing but stick up for her and comfort her.” Sometime later Holly discussing how Nicole doesn’t like her, “its a female thing”, and Nicole just thinks Holly is as unscrupulous as Nicole is. This is starting to remind me of all the perjury nonsense about how Nicole was a manipulative mastermind evil master.
https://twitter.com/BB21Tea/status/1173521099117645830

Jackson: I don’t know how I could handle it if I finished 3rd.
Holly: Then don’t.
Not arrogant.

Sometime later Nicole suggested that she would like to swap places with Cliff and go to the Jury. Here’s Jackson and Holly checking the rulebook to see if that’s possible.
https://twitter.com/hamsterwatch/status/1173481837403881472

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

This is a Jackson driven "feminism is hatred of men" thing. Jess definitely played up the whole "girls stick together" thing all season but her actions never actually supported it. She voted out Nicole over Cliff in W3 without any real issue, refused to even consider voting out Jack next to Bella in Week 4, and she was actively trying to work with Jackson and later Tommy. She also was very anti-Nicole for the last few weeks and was actively targeting her, she also said one of her regrets was not working with Jack. I don't know which way she'd vote but she was really against Nicole going out and still against her in the Jury video.

I obviously could be wrong but Jack is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever voting for Nicole over Jackson to win BB. He was begging Jackson's forgiveness at the end of his week and basically making Holly look like she stands up to him.

We shall see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only way I could see Jack voting against Jackson is if Julie's interview, Jury stuff about Jackson, Field Trip, the Jack rear end comic, etc all added up to Jack realizing he and Jackson are hated and wanting to distance himself before he has to go do damage control. But that doesn't strike me as something Jack would do. I could be wrong.

But him being angry at Jackson doesn't make sense to me because he wasn't angry at Jackson when he left the house. By mid week he was blaming all that on Christie, advising Ana/Tommy to work with Jackson/Holly and screw Christie, and apologizing to Jackson for betraying his word. That was awhile ago so Jack could be in a different place now but his anger for Day 44 wasn't being directed at Jackson after Day 46 or 47.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1173767360421027842

Nicole and Cliff have been strategizing ways to convince Jackson to vote out his showmance partner. Which is a tough sell, even for a douchebag like Jackson. The last ditch plan is still to offer Jackson a F2 (with Nicole’s blessing to follow through on it) but only if Cliff thinks he’s getting evicted last minute. Because the BB21 cast loves their layered offers that are transparently held back. Prior to that Cliff plans to work the angle that Jackson’s shot himself in the foot with his lies post eviction, because while Holly kept her word and threw HOH he’s made himself the dishonest one of the duo. The idea is that Jackson’s whole “my word means everything but I was forced to break when Nicole and Cliff betrayed me and Holly” becomes empty unless its being used against Cliff and Nicole and becomes a liability against Holly since she can just say she was never forced to break her word. Its an interesting angle, even if its doomed to fail and Holly would probably just argue for Jackson’s behalf. But points for not giving up.

Cliff’s still kind of thinking about voting for Holly to win over Jackson but he’s conflicted over whether that makes him a “bitter juror” or not. He can’t decide if Jackson’s actions this week are truly bad enough to hurt his case or if Cliff’s just taking them more personally because it’s happening to him.

I actually missed that Jackson was on roids.
https://twitter.com/BB21Tea/status/1173773355029155840

Jackson says that he and Ovi had to have taken classes together and their poly sci classes were less than a dozen people, but he doesn’t recognize him at all. Which kind of checks out. But Ovi met his girlfriend in one of those classes so he figures he probably knows her. Which brings fish because BB panicked when Jackson spoke of Ovi’s girlfriend. They go back in time for Jackson to randomly bring up how much he hates David and was offended by some completely innocuous poo poo David said that he remembered from those few hours he had known them 2 weeks earlier. So that brings LOOOOONG fish because Jackson can NOT be trusted talking about David and why he hates him. That one’s easy. Still it would probably easier to just not put him on TV.

F4 POV was apparently that slingshot comp Cody beat Cameron in in the BB18 Battle Back, but with cast questions you had to nail or something. I’ve seen people raise concerns that they dumbed it down for Jackson and made it more physical for the usual F4 POV. I’m iffy on the topic but I’m generally disinclined to conspiracies, even if Jackson’s definitely had his share of protection from BB. But changing comps to help competitors is a step beyond that. Still, its something the fanbase talked about this weekend while I was waterlogged. And there definitely seems to have been less mental comps this season than most. But who knows?

Ok, we get fish when Jackson says “DAMNIT SIS!” in talking about the POV and her square. Its definitely a hair trigger for something Jackson might say. I wonder what I missed that he did say.

This F4/5 have had absolutely nothing to talk about as a group except former HGs and the season. Like Nicole and Cliff were discussing books earlier but there’s just no shared interests or areas between the cool kids and the nerds and now they’re just forced to socialize to keep up the niceties. So they talk about the one thing they have in common. Its been 2 weeks of Jolly theatrics and recaps of the seasons.

Holly has no idea what the format of F3 HOH is. Jackson thinks the second leg is off site. They’re trying to figure out when the POV Ceremony is. Jackson doesn’t think its ever been a big deal before. Nicole remembers F4 evictions but not POV Ceremonies (because they don’t exist) and is embarrassed they all don’t know. They eventual reason out the POV Ceremony must be live with the eviction but Holly is nervous about that and thinks its too much.

I really just am relaxing for the first time in days and need something to distract me from the Jets.

Earlier Jackson dropped a watermelon and screamed in anguish. Everyone immediately knew what had happened. Then Holly used an inordinate amount of paper towels to clean it up. I’ve been composting so I’ve gotten really annoyed by wastefulness this summer. Also she just throws all the towels and melon on top of the sealed garbage bags in the trash can. And that pisses me off.

Their constant recapping of the season leads to the Banishments and Jackson says how when it was down to David and Jess he was begging for it to be Jess and right back to fish. Its just undeniable that BB is terrified of Jackson’s mouth. Can’t have the BB21 winner saying something really bad a week before he’s crowned.

Ok, there's better things I could be doing with my dry clothes and clean hair.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
The Are You The One? Cast from the season that just ended has been SUPER MESSY on Twitter and I am really looking forward to what happens when these people have social media again.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
They should trick Jackson into using the veto on Holly (impossible) and then get Holly to evict Jackson (even more impossible). Despite the double impossibility of it all it would at least be entertaining and somehow feels more within the realm of possibility than Jackson being persuaded to cut Holly by some vaguely coherent deal from Cliff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jackson actually HAS considered using the POV on Holly to show what an honorable gentleman he is to America and the Jury. He talked himself out of it because he cares about himself too much. In an other scenario that might actually be the angle to play to really play to his ego and insecurity about his image. But with everything that's happened the last day or so I can't imagine him being stupid enough to do that now.

He's dumb but he's not stupid.

I think the best theoretical angle to try and sell Holly as a jury threat because she has the same friends as Jackson, has been by his side for all his moves, has kept her hands cleaner, and even just this week honored her deal while Jackson broke his. I don't think it would work because (a) Jackson has too much wrapped up in the "gentleman" self image and (b) it would require him actually accepting that Holly might have played a better game than him or play the jury better. And Jackson's not super good at anything that requires rigid and humble self evaluation.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."
I don't think anything will work at this point but if I were Cliff and Nicole I would say to Jackson that because Holly honored her deals with them(throwing the HOH) and he didn't they were going to give their jury votes to Holly and she probably had Kat and Jess and would only need one more to win. Try to sell themselves as not respected and clearly the villains of this story that he could nobly defeat in the finale. Again, not likely to work but that would be my final pitch.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Fallen One posted:

I don't think anything will work at this point but if I were Cliff and Nicole I would say to Jackson that because Holly honored her deals with them(throwing the HOH) and he didn't they were going to give their jury votes to Holly and she probably had Kat and Jess and would only need one more to win. Try to sell themselves as not respected and clearly the villains of this story that he could nobly defeat in the finale. Again, not likely to work but that would be my final pitch.

That's smart. It's just to get to F3 at this point and then it doesn't matter. Tell Jackson he has Holly's vote no matter what, and tell Jackson he has Cliff or Nicole's vote if they evict Holly, and yeah feed into his ego that he can beat either one of the them.

But on the other side, Nicole just has to win the final HOH and she probably wins jury against either of them. And I'm 50/50 that Jackson wouldn't take Nicole because he thinks he can beat her, which I think he is wrong about.

If it comes down to Nicole choosing between Holly and Jackson she might be better off choosing Jackson. I'm not sure. But the jury numbers add up. Holly is the more obvious, safe choice, but taking Jackson makes a bit of sense. It must be insane in the house.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

If Jackson takes Nicole she wins. If Nicole takes Holly she wins. She has not a bad chance.

Just to take the Jackson vs. Nicole scenario, Nicole has Jess because she won't vote for a man, she'll have Tommy for obvious reasons, which means she'll have Christie, Jack might (probably) is still pissed off and will vote for Nicole and Chicken will do what he says. There's 5.

edit: Oh yeah and Nicole has Cliff. She has this if the gets to F2.
I think it's delusional to think the gr8ful/sh66ters (?) clique will not support them. Jack and Jackson made up before Jack left. They probably think ~*America*~ wants to see their reunion tour at the finale.

Jackson vs Holly: Jackson wins because he will make the proper argument that Holly just followed what he said to do.
Jackson vs Nicole: Jackson wins because Nicole is a monster. Jess votes against Nicole.
Holly vs Nicole: Holly wins as the last surviving member of a boring alliance. Jess votes against Nicole.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Faustian Bargain posted:

I think it's delusional to think the gr8ful/sh66ters (?) clique will not support them. Jack and Jackson made up before Jack left. They probably think ~*America*~ wants to see their reunion tour at the finale.

Jackson vs Holly: Jackson wins because he will make the proper argument that Holly just followed what he said to do.
Jackson vs Nicole: Jackson wins because Nicole is a monster. Jess votes against Nicole.
Holly vs Nicole: Holly wins as the last surviving member of a boring alliance. Jess votes against Nicole.

The way this season has been going, Nicole will probably also argue that Jackson or Holly should win over her in her final speech.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Yeah, I feel like "the jury will be mad at Jackson and vote for Nicole" makes perfect sense with some hypothetical jury that isn't made up of the BB21 cast.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Faustian Bargain posted:

Jackson wins over Holly probably because he will give a great speech.

Jackson vs Nicole, I dunno. Jess would vote for Nicole because she doesn't want a man to win. Nicole has Cliff, Tommy, probably Christie because of Tommy. Jack and Chicken are are the swing votes, but who knows. I think Jack will want Jackson to lose, but again who knows.

Same with Holly v Nicole. I think Nicole might be better off dragging Jackson if she has the choice, because if it's her up against Holly she loses Jackson and Jess's votes, but if she takes Jackson she only loses Holly's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I could maybe be sold that Tommy would vote for Nicole over Jackson because of bitterness and him wanting to go with the fan favorite. I can maybe be sold that Christie would vote for Nicole over Jackson to stick it to Jackson one last time. I can't be sold that Christie will do it because Tommy told her to. That's not how that relationship worked.