Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm looking for interesting thriller crime movies. Stuff where the people investigating get into the head of the killer and the world's they inhabit. Stuff like Silence of the Lambs and the first season of True Detective. I have a moderate tolerance for subtitles and very little for jump scares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Just saw The Handmaiden. Looking for more movies that have that kind of tense emotional relationships, crossing and doublecrossing. Friend already recommended The Favorite so I put that on the list.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm looking for globe-trotting adventure or spy movies. Ideally it's the kind that's largely an excuse for there to be a bunch of glamorous and exotic locations to have a fight, chase, or stunt in, and is at least somewhat possible to take seriously. But not James Bond.

Fast and the Furious 5-7 (maybe 8 depending on your tolerance for absurdity)
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Any of the Mission Impossibles really, except maybe 2 which I don't remember.

2 you have to have a lot of love/understanding of extremely 90s things and John Woo.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

morestuff posted:

Miller's Crossing / True Grit from the Coen Brothers

Absolutly the Coen Brothers True Grit has all the old timey talking you could ever want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jippa posted:

I'd like to request a police procedural from the last 20-30 years.

The Departed