Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm making a list of the greatest popular movies that I've never seen. My list so far is very male-dominated. What are some of the best, famous movies starring women that I should watch? Right now I've got:

Fargo
Lady Bird

Movies along these lines that I've already watched:
Alien(s)
Amelie
Black Swan
Kill Bill
The Silence of the Lambs
The Sound of Music

For comparison purposes, this is the rest of my list. Remember, this is not a list of the greatest movies ever, it's the most acclaimed movies that I haven't seen:
The Shawshank Redemption
Goodfellas
No Country For Old Men
There Will Be Blood
Do The Right Thing
Lawrence of Arabia
Schindler's List
The Usual Suspects
Gladiator
Leon The Professional
Master and Commander
Das Boot
Natural Born Killers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

trevorreznik posted:

You could probably just pick from any Best Actress list of any year - are you interested in having the roles present the women in any specific way?

There's a million classic roles with Katherine Hepburn, Barbara Stanwyck, Ingrid Bergman, Deborah Kerr, Audrey Hepburn etc.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years...100_Stars just pick the top film for the top 25 on this list and you're going to get a heck of a sampling.

It's not about the performance itself, more the overall quality of the movie. And I'd rather not sort through 100 years of Best Actress winners.

ynohtna posted:

How’s about :

Thelma & Louise
Muriel’s Wedding
9 to 5
A Woman Under the Influence
Foxy Brown

Good suggestions, thanks!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I don't watch that many movies in a year, but I appreciate the suggestions and I'll probably end up watching most of them!