Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

The Quiet Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

The Thing (though looks like that has 12 people if I’m counting right), The Descent and the Evil Dead films spring to mind. Prince of Darkness, Pitch Black and 30 Days of Night too, and the George Romero zombie films.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

To add a few more… The Beast Must Die, The Flight of the Phoenix, Alive, Europa Report, DeepStar Six, Leviathan, Deep Rising, Dog Soldiers, Life, The Mist and Ironclad.

Edit: The Menu as well

Dave Angel fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 25, 2023

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Not sure if they need to be particularly piratey but Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and A Knight's Tale are both good fun.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Captain Blood would be an excellent choice if you want a swashbuckler.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

I rewatched Aliens last night and I'm wondering what my other options are in the vein of "action horror sci fi". Off the top of my head I've seen Pitch Black, Pandorum, Screamers, Predator.

Death Machine is worth a watch, it's a fun love letter to Aliens. I'll suggest Life also, though that's more in the vein of Alien than Aliens.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Okua posted:

Me and some friends are selecting movies to watch based on a loose theme, and this time it's angels. The criteria is that there must be an angel and he/she/it must be on screen. Already planning to watch The Sky Over Berlin and Constantine - any genre and time is welcome.

Frank Capra’s It’s A Wonderful Life, a classic.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

Looking for movies about people facing the end of their lives, either by their own hand or unwillingly.

Bieutiful, Lucky, Dallas Buyers Club, Ikiru, Leaving Las Vegas, stuff like that

Facing death by their own hand?

Evil Dead 2
Idle Hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Looking for b-movie action/sci-fi schlock that is bold, weird, bombastic, and/or action-packed throughout the entire runtime—or at least once the story gets going. I love terrible low-budget nonsense as long as it's not slow and boring, and unfortunately most of what I've been stumbling across on Letterboxd lately has had a lot of languid scenes between the good stuff. Bonus points for a unique setting like Raiders of Atlantis or Hell Comes to Frogtown, and for great over-the-top action. I just want to watch something that feels like they really went for it the entire runtime rather than just blew the budget on a few scenes.

I’ll add a suggestion for Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.