Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

drat this looks cool. Gonna give it a try when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

How dare you accept lessers into our noble goonhaus, Lowtax will be hearing of this

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Alright, played last night and this game is great. Probably closer to dynasty warriors than mount and blade but still awesome. Joining your guild.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Hellborg showed me the ropes tonight and we tried a proper shieldwall backed up by pikes. It works amazingly well, which is pretty rare to see even in more sim-y games like this. Check it out:

I'm amazed more Goons aren't jumping on this game yet, it's amazing.

We kept trying this strategy out in crazier and crazier situations until we got completely and hilariously overwhelmed when we tried to take on a mob of like 500 guys (the entire enemy team). We were completely surrounded and just got munched, it ruled.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 16, 2019

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The only thing stronger than the grind power imbalance is properly employed rock paper scissors. Seriously, watching my cheap cavalry charge through and kill a line of prefecture guards, swordsmen behind them, and musketmen behind them because the enemy team was too focused on getting ~sick pvp kills~ to notice my guys lining up right in front of them is a great feeling. Same when you hide a line of pikes in a cheap shieldwall and watch armies break on it. When the other team really has all their bases covered AND top tier troops it gets a little stupid but overall I havent been too turned off yet. I think your average player is just too dumb. In the last day I've seen a guy station his horse archers in an city alley with no escape (guess what happened), shield wall dudes holding position just outside the capture point as the enemy team wins, and our team devoting 80% of our forces to defending a certain B point on siege (enduring repeated trebuchet strikes) as the entire enemy army runs past them up to the main capture point.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The fastest cavalry unit in the game also has a decent charge when trained up and has a ~80% of being able to solo whatever the enemy fields. Considering the max battle cap is 5 (it is right???) if we roll around with 5 people we can pretty much dunk on anyone, including the larger groups (which consequently is where the real money is).

In terms of raiding, it's easy to solo the smaller guild caravans, they will usually just deploy peasants and might have a random passerby try to help. The bigger groups are all on discord though and will swarm you if you interdict a caravan in their territory. I'm talking ten guys unsuccessful chasing your little cav unit around their territory indefinitely. Those caravans aren't at all used to being raided though and are usually jackpots. So if we get more people on our options for loving with big clans go up exponentially.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Glenn Quebec posted:

Raiding is good and fun. Taking people's stuff and selling them on the market for silver is great. No one knows what to do against multiple units of cav.

It was great fighting that guy who brought halberdiers and we charged him from both sides and just obliterated him.

Oh, I have elite scouts now, so +50% charge damage too :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Yeah the network stuff is well-known and if you're paranoid about it just turn off the peer-to-peer functionality.

In other news, we have some cool poo poo in the works with another guild that could be pretty lucrative, but even the merc stuff sounds fun as hell. Last war we (I missed it) ran interference for our client, tying up a large number of their enemy's reinforcement troops and allowing them to take a feif.