Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Stanley Pain posted:

What's the deal with this game getting flagged as Malware?
The install client for this game launches DoS (Smurf) attacks on your network and ruins your connectivity, which is probably why some antivirus programs are detecting trojans from it.

Example:

I'm also now getting notifications of DoS (STORM) attacks and port ACK/FIN scans on my network from other IP addresses after using this program, making it very possible that it is now exploiting my system.

The peer-to-peer download connectivity of the download client is severely unsecure and easily exploitable, and you should not use it at any cost. Do not so much as run the installer for this game.

Also:

https://legal.my.com/us/general/privacy/.

"3. Information we collect about you.

3.1. In order to implement the agreement between you and us, and provide you with access to the use of the Services, we will improve, develop and implement new features to our Services, and enhance the available Services functionality. To achieve these objectives, and in compliance with applicable laws, we will collect, store, aggregate, organise, extract, compare, use, and supplement your data (hereinafter “processing”). We will also receive and pass this data, and our automatically processed analyses of this data to our affiliates and partners as set out in the table below and section 4 of this Privacy Policy."

Additional data received when you access the Services, including information regarding technical devices, technical interaction with the Service such as your IP-address, time of registration in the Service, device ids, country and language settings, device model and operating system used, your installed apps, type of browser, your Internet provider and/or phone network operator, network type, screen resolution, RAM size and your browsing behavior. BROWSING BEHAVIOR. Enough said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU