Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nevvy Z posted:

Just because someone has to do a job, doesn't mean I'm not concerned or creeped out by the intent of folks who are way to eager to do gross bad jobs. Someone has to change old man diapers but that doesn't mean I won't judge people who are too eager to be involved in that process. Or who only will do it for the very wealthy.

Sure. Thing is though someone needs to do the job. If people were only making "Sullivan is creepy" arguments that would be one thing. But instead people are making a lot of "Weinstein is *bad*, therefore" arguments, and those arguments destabilize the whole criminal justice system and the concept of criminal defense generally, which hurts everyone not just Weinstein.

Sullivan might be horrible in all sorts of ways. Criticize him for that, not for defending accused criminals.

quote:

He should be put in the position where he cannot find representation and the courts have no choice but to appoint someone even if that doesn't fit into our current schema of public defense.

Thing is, if the discussion is about judging Sullivan, we have to judge him in the context of the *current* schema of public defense, not the one we should.

It's just not valid to judge private bar criminal attorneys for taking money from clients because they're filling a need that the government doesn't fill; those accused rich people can't get appointed attorneys. If you want to judge Sullivan, change the law about public defenders first.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What I'm hearing is that we can't judge greedy lawyers for their greed because even the rich need lawyers. This seems flatly illogical. I'm not required to fix society before I judge greedy people.

It keeps getting framed as judging them for defending criminals, but it's not. It's judging their greed.

I judge greedy doctors in a way I don't judge those volunteering for DWB.

Nevvy Z posted:

Rowling doesn't, based on her wealth, deserve access to doctors and healthcare beyond what the others in her community have access to.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 14, 2019

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What I'm trying to do is parse out the "weinstein is Rich and Bad, so therefore he does not deserve to be able to hire an attorney" argument.

A) If he doesn't deserve an attorney because he's rich, then Rowling doesn't deserve a doctor because she's rich.

Ah ok, so I haven't made my position clear. No problem:

I think that there is a separate special justice system just for the rich where outcomes are pretty much for sale, and everyone involved makes a ton of money off that. I think that everyone who participates in and profits from this system is bad (with allowances for special circumstances, etc, under which I might not judge every single individual as bad). Sullivan is one of those people, he isn't defending Weinstein because he's a martyr to the cause of justice or because his kids will starve if he doesn't. No one is even trying to argue that he's doing it for any reason other than greed, because he loving obviously isn't (that's why all the arguments take the form: "but what if he were a completely different person living in completely different circumstance" and my response to that is "yes if things were different things would be different").

If you want to argue that the healthcare system is essentially no different at the top, I am willing to change my mind and say yeah the greedy doctors are part of the problem and should be judged as such, and shouldn't be judged the same as the noble doctors.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Stop accusing each other of being secret nazis or antisemites without some kind of actual concrete proof.

This is in response to reports, I am not up to date on the thread.

That is all.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's just not valid to judge private bar criminal attorneys for taking money from clients because they're filling a need that the government doesn't fill; those accused rich people can't get appointed attorneys. If you want to judge Sullivan, change the law about public defenders first.

No I don't have to do this because the constitution already guarantees everyone who can't obtain counsel on their own the right to have one. State laws that don't make allowances for any reason other than poverty that one might be unable to obtain counsel are unconstitutional.

If the situation actually arose where no private attorneys would take Weinstein's money, and the judge in his case said "I don't believe you can't find an attorney and the law won't let me appoint one anyway, the trial is next Tuesday and if you show up without one the trial will proceed as if you waived your right to counsel", then he could appeal his conviction on the grounds that his sixth amendment rights were violated and the federal courts would side with him and order New York to appoint him an attorney and give him a new trial.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nevvy Z posted:

What I'm hearing is that we can't judge greedy lawyers for their greed because even the rich need lawyers. This seems flatly illogical. I'm not required to fix society before I judge greedy people.

It keeps getting framed as judging them for defending criminals, but it's not. It's judging their greed.

I judge greedy doctors in a way I don't judge those volunteering for DWB.

Yeah, you can judge people for greed sure, so long as you aren't judging them for defending criminals. A lot of folks itt and elsewhere *are* making arguments that amount to "defending criminals is bad" and they shouldn't make those arguments.

OTOH if Sullivan's worst crime is fleecing Weinstein out of a shitload of money and then providing him legal services no better than what Weinstein would get from an appionted atty, that doesn't seem like a sin worth all this fuss. Oh no a rich rapist is getting scammed

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 14, 2019

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah, you can judge people for free sure, so long as you aren't judging them for defending criminals. A lot of folks itt and elsewhere *are* making arguments that amount to "defending criminals is bad" and they shouldn't make those arguments.

OTOH if Sullivan's worst crime is fleecing Weinstein out of a shitload of money and then providing him legal services no better than what Weinstein would get from an appionted atty, that doesn't seem like a sin worth all this fuss. Oh no a rich rapist is getting scammed

If Sullivan is scamming people out of greed then he actually is a bad person, hth!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

If Sullivan is scamming people out of greed then he actually is a bad person, hth!

Sure but he's like Dexter, he's only preys on other even more horrible people

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If that's the case then fine.

But I don't think it is.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I mean proof would be prefered.

Also if the worst he is going to get for doing this good deed is "not allowed to be in charge of something at a school" then perhaps that is the price you pay for doing something noble quietly.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Weird assumption.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

Weird assumption.

Yeah there's this underlying contradiction here where people want to argue that (1) high-priced legal teams make no difference in trial outcomes, but also (2) somehow the rich can't get a fair trial without these high-priced legal teams that make no difference.

It makes no sense, but ultimately it's what you have to believe if you want to say the legal system is fair and just but also defend the right of rich people to pay more for better service.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

Ah ok, so I haven't made my position clear. No problem:

I think that there is a separate special justice system just for the rich where outcomes are pretty much for sale, and everyone involved makes a ton of money off that. I think that everyone who participates in and profits from this system is bad (with allowances for special circumstances, etc, under which I might not judge every single individual as bad). doctors.

I think this is an overly simplistic analysis. It's not some conspiracy in dark robes; rich people get a separate justice system because of pervasive things like class bias and racial bias and so forth. Rich defense attorneys are an infinitesimally small part of that systemic bias. You're blaming one individual for participating in capitalism.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Nevvy Z posted:

Weird assumption.

We went over it a few pages back, its supported by data. Generally public defenders do a better or equal job to private defense attorneys, statistically speaking at least. private defense bar is not any better than the public bar overall.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

We went over it a few pages back, its supported by data. Generally public defenders do a better or equal job to private defense attorneys, statistically speaking at least. private defense bar is not any better than the public bar overall.

We aren't talking about all private defense generally though.

You're blaming one individual for participating in capitalism.

:hai:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah there's this underlying contradiction here where people want to argue that (1) high-priced legal teams make no difference in trial outcomes, but also (2) somehow the rich can't get a fair trial without these high-priced legal teams that make no difference.

It's not an assumption it's the current law. Rich people don't have access to the public defenders. You can claim they should, but they dont , so

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
We can claim two things are wrong at once. :shrug:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I think this is an overly simplistic analysis. It's not some conspiracy in dark robes; rich people get a separate justice system because of pervasive things like class bias and racial bias and so forth. Rich defense attorneys are an infinitesimally small part of that systemic bias. You're blaming one individual for participating in capitalism.

That's ok I am fine with blaming people who are part of the problem for being part of the problem. I don't think I shouldn't do anything about problem A because problem B also exists, I think that would be absurd.

I don't think blaming people for participating in capitalism is wrong. Pinkerton was "participating in capitalism". Steve Mnuchin is "participating in capitalism". Jamie Dimon, Donald Trump, Sam Walton, Mitt Romney, and on and on.

What I do believe is that actions taken coercion (can be) justifiable, and since poverty is coercive, I might not blame a poor person for doing a bad thing in order to live, but I would definitely blame a rich person for doing that same bad thing in order to buy a third yacht to carry his yacht-carrying yacht.

It's not an assumption it's the current law. Rich people don't have access to the public defenders. You can claim they should, but they dont , so

The constitution says they do, those laws are unconstitutional, if the situation actually arose where a rich person needed access to a public defender and didn't get it, federal courts would side with them on appeal.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

If that's the case then fine.

But I don't think it is.

What else has Sullivan done other than defend rich assholes?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

That's ok I am fine with blaming people who are part of the problem for being part of the problem.

I don't think blaming people for participating in capitalism is wrong.

This might be part of our split. As per my first few posts in the thread, I don't really think blame or judgement are valid concepts. We're all bound and controlled by the systems we live within with far less free will than we believe we have. If you want to change behavior, don't bother with blame, change the overall system..

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What else has Sullivan done other than defend rich assholes?

Said that sexual assault isn't real and women are making it all up. Said that women are too stupid to reach the same heights in their fields as men and that's why gender disparities exist.

If he secretly believes his legal defense is worthless, and he is deliberately scamming the rich in order to give to the poor, and in order to carry out his long con he has to pretend to be a greedy self-absorbed misogynistic asswipe, then either (1) prove it, or (2) I guess my social disapproval is part of the price he unfortunately pays for being an undercover selfless martyr pretending to be a monster, godspeed :patriot:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

Said that sexual assault isn't real and women are making it all up. Said that women are too stupid to reach the same heights in their fields as men and that's why gender disparities exist.

t:

Ok yeah all that's horrible

He can be a horrible person regardless of his status as a criminal defense attorney

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

This might be part of our split. As per my first few posts in the thread, I don't really think blame or judgement are valid concepts. We're all bound and controlled by the systems we live within with far less free will than we believe we have. If you want to change behavior, don't bother with blame, change the overall system..

That's fine my argument is that disapproval of the powerful is a prerequisite for changing the system that benefits them.

I don't know what change you expect to happen if "gee maybe the people running things right now are...bad?" is a bridge too far. Should I not criticize Donald Trump either?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

VitalSigns posted:

That's fine my argument is that disapproval of the powerful is a prerequisite for changing the system that benefits them.

I don't know what change you expect to happen if "gee maybe the people running things right now are...bad?" is a bridge too far. Should I not criticize Donald Trump either?

Criticize away just avoid the specific criticism "providing legal defense to bad people is bad" because that narrative will hurt the poor worse than it hurts the powerful.

If Sullivan is a bad person fire him for being a bad person not for being a defense attorney.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Criticize away just avoid the specific criticism "providing legal defense to bad people is bad"

No problem, I have not said this, and in fact have said that providing legal defense to bad people is not inherently bad, in fact it's good that's why I want more public defenders.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Have y'all discussed the issue that a Harvard law professor is a bad choice for a lawyer?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Should we judge clients for not firing their Harvard lawyers into the sun?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Have y'all discussed the issue that a Harvard law professor is a bad choice for a lawyer?

The guy used to be the head public defender in Washingtom DC before he went to Harvard

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

That doesn't mean he's a good criminal defense attorney either - but it certainly points toward it being more than likely true. I don't know his trial history, but I would suspect he's pretty experienced.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Can you link some sources about this? That would certainly be juicy reading.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

wateroverfire posted:

Can you link some sources about this? That would certainly be juicy reading.

Main Paineframe posted:

Even when you go out of your way to pretend it's all about the Weinstein case, you still couldn't manage to completely hide any mention of the misconduct Sullivan was actually fired for, which should be a clear sign of just how severe his misbehavior was.

What misbehavior? Well, another Harvard faculty member is facing sexual harassment allegations, and Sullivan publicly spoke out in support of him - while condemning #MeToo as a movement dedicated to false rape charges, and claiming that the accusers were coached. Given that Harvard has faced a number of sexual harassment scandals in recent years, having a faculty member shooting off his mouth about claiming that victims are actually liars who are framing professors isn't a good look, especially when he's also leaking details from the confidential investigation.

Given the above, it should be no surprise that the students were uncomfortable with him being in a position of leadership and oversight. His first response was to appoint a "point person" in his residence hall who would hear sexual harassment allegations in his place, but the fact that he felt it necessary to hand off part of his job duties to someone else was just more evidence that he wasn't suitable for that job.

Not to mention, of course, Sullivan's long history of troublemaking as a faculty dean, marked by years of bullying and retaliation against underlings, forcing students into doing personal errands for him, threatening people seen as "disloyal" to him, and once driving his subordinates to the point of engaging in an organized labor action against him. When tutors criticized his stance on sexual harassment, he threatened to give them negative performance reviews and made numerous hostile comments.

The OP of the thread is unfortunately impossible to discuss as anything more than a hypothetical strawman, because it's simply not true. It's plain to see that Sullivan's long history of inadequacy and misconduct as a faculty dean have far more to do with him losing the dean role than anything he's done as an attorney.

I may have confused the :biotruths: stuff with a different Harvard dean

E: ok yeah I did, that was a Harvard president who said women are too stupid to hire.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 14, 2019

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

It's not though. In fact, to the extent this disapproval is grounds for petty bitching on the internet, it's actually worse than useless: it makes you stupid. Here we have yet another irreducible social contagion ("greed") for which the proposed solution is individual moralizing, a recipe for loving nothing as always, but what's specifically odious about this case is that it sent you sprinting to the right, shedding every worthwhile principle of liberal legal tradition along the way. For what? To get one loving guy who's already going down.

Consider a little strategy, please. Public shame is no antidote to private excess. That's precisely the system in which the Weinsteins of the world thrive. It's the one that already exists: "if this gets out, I'm finished". There are two predictable responses to this system: 1) to hate you, Mrs. Lovejoy, and 2) fraud, secrecy, and manipulation. Do you really think you can play the latter game better than the private sector professionals?

The pre-requisite for politics--any politics--is action, not thought.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

I think that there is a separate special justice system just for the rich where outcomes are pretty much for sale, and everyone involved makes a ton of money off that.
Great news! That's not actually true!

I'll post this again, since I've already posted it twice and I guess you didn't bother to read it, because if you had you'd be glad that you're wrong!

VitalSigns posted:

I think that everyone who participates in and profits from this system is bad (with allowances for special circumstances, etc, under which I might not judge every single individual as bad).

Since the aforementioned is categorically untrue, you don't need to feel this way anymore! Congratulations!

VitalSigns posted:

Sullivan is one of those people, he isn't defending Weinstein because he's a martyr to the cause of justice or because his kids will starve if he doesn't. No one is even trying to argue that he's doing it for any reason other than greed, because he loving obviously isn't

Here is the juice, though. You're saying, "I, VitalSigns, poster cum laude and all-knowing, all-seeing eye of Agamemnon KNOW, with absolute certainty, the motivations and innermost thoughts of this complex human being, living thousands of miles away, because I have read several tweets about the client he intends to represent. And further, I thusly adjudicate this person forthwith with my god-like powers of divination of intent, and he is thus rendered and adjudged GUILTY of wanting to make money without also wanting or thinking of anything else."

Did you know Sullivan represented Michal Brown's family in their wrongful death case? https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2018/03/06/prosecutor-adds-attorney-for-michael-brown-family.html

Did you know Sullivan represented Selorm Ohene in his police brutality against Cambridge police? https://www2.bostonglobe.com/metro/...nline_Text_Link

Did you know Sullivan represented a young sexual assault victim, pro bono, in her efforts to bring charges against her perpetrator? (https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/02/12/harvard-harvey-weinstein-now-cause-for-concern/GXpf7wL9mbnWRTfLrfTrRM/story.html)

Did you know Sullivan won the release of more wrongfully incarcerated individuals — over 6,000 — than arguably anyone in U.S. history? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/an-unsung-hero-in-our-midst-ronald-s-sullivan-jr_b_59769731e4b0940189700c36

Maybe next time you think you KNOW everything there is to KNOW about someone and their infinite motivations, when you're ready to pass judgment, you can take 7 seconds to google them first.

quote:

“It’s completely flawed to suggest that attorneys can’t step into and out of roles and representations and keep them separate,” said the woman [Dean Sullivan represented in her sexual assault case], who went on to become a sex crimes prosecutor. “Otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to have lives.”

Sullivan declined to speak for this story. In an e-mail he circulated to students, obtained by the Globe, he noted that America’s legal system rests on a presumption of innocence and the right to effective representation.

“It is particularly important for this category of unpopular defendant to receive the same process as everyone else – perhaps even more important,” Sullivan wrote. “To the degree we deny unpopular defendants basic due process rights we cease to be the country we imagine ourselves to be.”

“The US criminal process teaches us that the system only works if we defend those whom we perceive as guilty, as vigorously as those whom we perceive to be innocent,” Sullivan wrote.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

drat sounds like he's actually good. That's reassuring. Glad I didn't read anything but op and blarzgh's posts.

vvvvv it's weird that my two greatest allies are blarzgh and vital signs but here we are

Hot Dog Day #91 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 14, 2019

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

drat sounds like he's actually good. That's reassuring. Glad I didn't read anything but op and blarzgh's posts.

You're a national treasure.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

I may have confused the :biotruths: stuff with a different Harvard dean

E: ok yeah I did, that was a Harvard president who said women are too stupid to hire.

So digging into the article MP linked yields the following, apparantly. A professor at Harvard, Ronald Fryer, was under Title IX investigation. This article , which was referenced in the Crimson article MP linked, describes the situation in a little more detail and contains the quotes from Sullivan. Whole article is worth a read but I'll reproduce the quotes here.

quote:

While Fryer declined to comment on the university’s procedures, his lawyer, Harvard law professor Ronald Sullivan, told me that “this process has been deeply flawed and deeply unfair. … It shows what the current [#MeToo] movement, some blood in the water, and good coaching [of witnesses] can produce.”

Sullivan said that there was “no semblance of due process or the presumption of innocence.” He told me that ODR turned a blind eye to rampant witness coaching, allowed the complainant to avoid turning over all relevant electronic communications, and even to white-out portions of documents that she did turn over.

Also, Sullivan said, in assessing the complainant’s two most serious allegations, ODR gave more credence to many-months-after-the-fact statements by the complainant’s then-roommate (and best friend) – who was not present to hear Fryer’s alleged comments -- than to the contrary recollections of eyewitnesses who supported his denials.

Sullivan asserts that Harvard’s handling of Fryer’s case has been racially biased as well as procedurally flawed. Fryer wrote to a friend, and later shared with me, a letter stating: “30 years after watching my father be sentenced to 8 years in prison because of a ‘he say, she say’ type encounter with a white woman in Texas with no physical evidence, I am fighting every day to prove I am innocent of allegations that threaten the work I have devoted my life to.”

Sullivan told me ODR “weighted the credibility of white witnesses far above minority witnesses” -- the main complainant against Fryer is white -- and that “in the absence of real data, the process used racial stereotypes.” As an example, he cited ODR’s disparagement of the credibility of Tanaya Devi, who was present for many of the allegedly harassing comments. Insisting that she saw no harassment, she spoke very highly of Fryer. Devi happens to be a dark-skinned native of India. Although the investigator and ODR praised the credibility of the complainant’s (white) roommate, they tended to dismiss Devi’s eyewitness recollections of what she saw and heard at EdLabs.

“Roland was constantly portrayed as an over-sexualized black man who no one could tell no,” Sullivan added. “Yet, there was not one piece of evidence of someone telling him no and him doing something mean to them. … Angry black man who yells and berates. Even [a hostile witness whom he had fired] said in her interview that Roland’s so-called ‘yelling’ is not about raising his voice but it’s the intensity of his look and how his voice sounds.”

So it seems Sullivan was deeply critical of the handling of a Title IX complaint against a colleague of his. MP, is that what you had in mind makes him a bad person?

edit:

Another quote from the article that seems apropos for this thread..

quote:

Says one Fryer supporter at Harvard: “There’s a climate of fear of defending Roland. You can’t be seen to be out of line on this. If you defend someone who’s accused, there’s an attitude that you’re perpetuating the system and we’re coming after you next, because you must be guilty too.”

edit2: Further edit to add more Sullivan quotes from the article.

wateroverfire fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 14, 2019

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Blarzgh you keep saying a set of statistics that is broad (private defense vs public defense) is disproving a narrower premise (the private defense of the rich specificially) that they don't apply to. If they applied, then the rich wouldn't be paying out the wazoo for expensive lawyers like they do.

You seem to also be implying that someone who did good things cant have done bad things or shouldn't be judged for those bad things. But they should.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 14, 2019

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

wateroverfire posted:

So digging into the article MP linked yields the following, apparantly. A professor at Harvard, Ronald Fryer, was under Title IX investigation. This article , which was referenced in the Crimson article MP linked, describes the situation in a little more detail and contains the quotes from Sullivan. Whole article is worth a read but I'll reproduce the quotes here.

So it seems Sullivan was deeply critical of the handling of a Title IX complaint against a colleague of his. MP, is that what you had in mind makes him a bad person?

He also explains that the perceived railroading of Fryer was racist in its implementation.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

Blarzgh you keep saying a set of statistics that is broad is disproving a narrower premise that they don't apply to.

The narrow premise is that money buys you better representation. I have access only to information that tends to show that isn't true. I have personal exposure to a system and set of facts that tell me that isn't true. Why should I change my mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

That's amazing. Can't wait for the "so what your position is is that rape of underage baby seals is okay and that's something I a virtuous and good debater oppose".

Should be any minute now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)