Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ogmius815 posted:

So trying to make rules for ethics is pointless because not everyone will follow them. Hmm.

Arguments in D&D posts usually don't generalize well. In these arguments, universal language is often used, but the universal language is just a facade--really the arguments are ends-justify-the-means kinds of arguments against the posters' political and class enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Ethics is not politics, do you understand this?

Politics is 100% about morality. I think you of all people should understand this, since it seems that all of your posts in this thread and maybe (?) even on this politics message board are motivated by righteous indignation.

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 12, 2019

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Unoriginal Name posted:

What right is being taken away from the rich

The right to terrorize and oppress poor people. By the way, I just want to let it be known, in case it wasn't clear or you weren't picking the following up from my fellow posters: rich people are bad.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ogmius815 posted:

Here’s a good question: are posters like OwlFancier interested in the consistency of their reasoning? Are they interested in basing their positions on a set of more or less consistent ethical ideas? I ask because when I suggested we should consider universalizing our reasoning (a very common tool in ethical debate) I was accuse of playing Lord of the Universe who Makes the Rules.

I don't know what you are expecting. D&D posters' brains just don't work that way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Uh oh, this post creates a problem for the D&D poster “Heroes and Villains” system of morality.