Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Taker almost murders Goldberg:
https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1137113278101053440

So Goldberg returns the favor:
https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1137113848324997120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulEyezOnMe/status/1137115936136343552

The final sequence for anyone who wants to re-taste this fine wine

that's not a chokeslam, that's a half-hearted neck dump. or a neck flop. It's great.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I wonder how many of you guys that do the big politiposts go back and watch these when you restart your subscriptions or just watch them somewhere else that is definitely 100% legitimate and not stealin'. Like, I agree with you guys. I just wanna know.

I have thankfully not given WWE a cent since this Saudi Arabia poo poo started. I just had a "wait for stuff to dry" at home project today so I decided to risk a 6er and eat up time trolling people who watched the show and maybe saying the one random thing that leads to someone breaking their cycle.

It seems like an oddly aggressive question in this case though since the people who paid and watched live seem to be universal in saying the show was terrible with no highlights. So who would go back to watch this one?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ahahahaha gently caress

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I am in disbelief that some agent/producer/whoever gave the thumbs up for two senior citizens to try and lift each other up and trust them not to just drop the other guy right on his head/neck.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ the 13 or so people whose posts I can still see in this thread: thank you for not watching the show and doing your best to shitpost. If the thread was getting clicks and posts anyway, at least you tried to make it for a good cause and provided alternatives.

STAC Goat posted:

Not watch a WWE show?

There was at least one free wrestling alternative available at the exact same time that was good when it was online. and i went out and got a pizza during the brief time it was offline! Life is better without wwe

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The undertaker revitalises his career with his exciting new finisher, the GROUNDSHOVE.

*megaman boss victory screen* You Get Ground Shove.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I wonder how many of you guys that do the big politiposts go back and watch these when you restart your subscriptions or just watch them somewhere else that is definitely 100% legitimate and not stealin'. Like, I agree with you guys. I just wanna know.

The product sucks rear end, why would I? Like, I wouldn't even if the product was good but it's incredibly bad. WWE doesn't even want you watching this poo poo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

WHY IS THIS THREAD SO LONG

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

We've been posting 5 star Dave quotes.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I have thankfully not given WWE a cent since this Saudi Arabia poo poo started. I just had a "wait for stuff to dry" at home project today so I decided to risk a 6er and eat up time trolling people who watched the show and maybe saying the one random thing that leads to someone breaking their cycle.

It seems like an oddly aggressive question in this case though since the people who paid and watched live seem to be universal in saying the show was terrible with no highlights. So who would go back to watch this one?

Man, I know I always sound like an aggressive bitch but I swear I'm not. I just have all the tact of a pillow. I'm terrible at it. But alas, I try.

There's some folks that would go back and watch just for some weird sense of completion, I guess. It was weak and not super great. I'm not surprised and I don't think anybody else really is either, but I mean, we support WWE through sandy hook truthers like rousey being champ. we support WWE through the lars poo poo. we support WWE through a lot of real questionable poo poo and have throughout the years. It's got a tiny twinge upward but not a lot and unless a whole shitload of people turn off, we're not gonna see change.

And I don't think that's gonna happen on an international standpoint. If Americans aren't watching, WWE doesn't seem to have an issue with pushing the international audience.

It's cool if you wanna say gently caress you to'em, but I'm pretty sure my electric company runs a lot of poo poo off of saudi oil, so my lovely life is gonna support that awful fuckcountry no matter what. I may as well watch wrassles.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wendell posted:

WHY IS THIS THREAD SO LONG

Many awful things to laugh at.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Taker vs Berg was better than Shingo vs Ospreay & Cole vs Gargano combined baby **********

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haven't been able to post but i didn't watch this show and i wish that the undertaker and goldberg killed eachother and vince mcmahon Died

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cavauro posted:

haven't been able to post but i didn't watch this show and i wish that the undertaker and goldberg killed eachother for real and vince mcmahon Died

you got close to getting one of your wishes while you couldn't post

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tried to discover how to roll with the punches to that due to not understanding the insult and then found Out what you meant

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulEyezOnMe/status/1137115936136343552

The final sequence for anyone who wants to re-taste this fine wine

lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Man, I know I always sound like an aggressive bitch but I swear I'm not. I just have all the tact of a pillow. I'm terrible at it. But alas, I try.

There's some folks that would go back and watch just for some weird sense of completion, I guess. It was weak and not super great. I'm not surprised and I don't think anybody else really is either, but I mean, we support WWE through sandy hook truthers like rousey being champ. we support WWE through the lars poo poo. we support WWE through a lot of real questionable poo poo and have throughout the years. It's got a tiny twinge upward but not a lot and unless a whole shitload of people turn off, we're not gonna see change.

And I don't think that's gonna happen on an international standpoint. If Americans aren't watching, WWE doesn't seem to have an issue with pushing the international audience.

It's cool if you wanna say gently caress you to'em, but I'm pretty sure my electric company runs a lot of poo poo off of saudi oil, so my lovely life is gonna support that awful fuckcountry no matter what. I may as well watch wrassles.

The product isn't even good. Just turn it off and do literally anything else.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

The product isn't even good. Just turn it off and do literally anything else.

The product hasn't been good in years. They're trying to hire writers on Freelancer.com for gently caress's sake :lol:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Its your choice to make if you want to support WWE through the KSA stuff and the Lars stuff and the sandy hook truther and all the other "questionable" stuff. But people who feel otherwise speaking out against it and maybe one by one changing minds is how poo poo gradually changes. And making changes one at a time isn't ideal and doesn't save the world all at once, but its a reasonable alternative to saying "there's no ethical consumption" as a reason not to do anything.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The product hasn't been good in years. They're trying to hire writers on Freelancer.com for gently caress's sake :lol:

That's not an argument to keep watching.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
For all the people saying the product is not good and nobody should support the lovely company, you are all correct.

Also, everybody needs to watch the gifs and clips of two old men murdering each other. It doesn't support any murderous regimes and it's great schadenfreude!

Also Shane beat Roman. lol

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

everyone itt saying that nobody should have watched the show is wrong. i watched the main event through some random stream and it was so genuinely historically awful that everybody should see it somewhere where you don't have to pay for it because gently caress wwe forever.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Also, everybody needs to watch the gifs and clips of two old men murdering each other.

the clips won't do justice to how truly horrific the entire match was imo, it needs to be witnessed

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Its your choice to make if you want to support WWE through the KSA stuff and the Lars stuff and the sandy hook truther and all the other "questionable" stuff. But people who feel otherwise speaking out against it and maybe one by one changing minds is how poo poo gradually changes. And making changes one at a time isn't ideal and doesn't save the world all at once, but its a reasonable alternative to saying "there's no ethical consumption" as a reason not to do anything.

Like I said, more power to you. But there really isn't any ethical consumption. If my money is already going to the saudis with my electric company (and you can't live without electric), they're probably getting more of a cut than WWE gives them. It isn't apathy, it's just crushing endless exhaustion in this shitworld of today and wrestling is one of the weak highpoints of it, even in this absolute trash state it's in now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Watch better wrestling imo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DeepDickPizza posted:

Also Shane beat Roman. lol

More embarrassing than the main event to be honest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Like I said, more power to you. But there really isn't any ethical consumption. If my money is already going to the saudis with my electric company (and you can't live without electric), they're probably getting more of a cut than WWE gives them. It isn't apathy, it's just crushing endless exhaustion in this shitworld of today and wrestling is one of the weak highpoints of it, even in this absolute trash state it's in now.

Only 11% of oil used in the us comes from KSA and your electric company isn't producing counter-propaganda to cover KSA's human rights abuse.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Watch better wrestling imo

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Only 11% of oil used in the us comes from KSA and your electric company isn't producing counter-propaganda to cover KSA's human rights abuse.

No, they just publicly fund anti-abortion campaigns and a local church with members who protest at gay funerals ala westboro. They are my only option. The other company doesn't come out that far. It changed after we bought the house :smith:

E: for the record, I am anti-those-things.

E2: Honestly I may just be so exhausted from poo poo companies like this being around me and having 0 choice that I'm just more used to it now. The deep south sucks. When I can move, I am. And I don't intend to ever come back to stay here again.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 7, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Whether you're not acting through apathy or exhaustion its the same result.

"No ethical consumption" is like saying "What's the point of helping one person if I can't help all the people in need?" The enemy of apathy and exhaustion is the belief that individuals can make a difference in small ways that matter and add up. Otherwise why recycle? Why vote? Why help a stranger? Why do anything when we can't stop the big stuff on our own? The entirety of human history has been people pushing back against the poo poo in ways they probably didn't live long enough to see the changes for.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

it's not like I paid for the show

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

You can't choose to not have electricity in your house. You can choose whether or not to watch WWE.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
It's very helpful that at the same time I've stopped financially supporting WWE that they are putting out a product I have absolutely no interest in watching.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really bother with that line of argument because... I mean, they know. WWE is not a need. It isn't unique as a wrestling product. This was a pay show, not a free one, and there's other similar priced options. There's things beyond wrestling. If you wanted to watch wrestling that wasn't tied to the Trump Admin or KSA or pushing white supremacists you have options. If you're not taking them that's your choice made.

For the most part I think its just about the difficulty of accepting that if today you decide "its wrong to support WWE" you have to accept that "yesterday I was wrong for supporting WWE." And the hardest thing humans have to do is admit they were wrong and imperfect. It fucks with our poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

And the hardest thing humans have to do is admit they were wrong and imperfect. It fucks with our poo poo.

Which is hosed up. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve and be better. People have no issue doing it with weightlifting and dieting, but when it comes to stuff that genuinely helps others like keeping an eye on what you financially support, being environmentally friendly, and eating more healthily, now they back off

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

ahahahaha gently caress

Is this bump better or worse than the execution of a 10 year old?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

Which is hosed up. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve and be better. People have no issue doing it with weightlifting and dieting, but when it comes to stuff that genuinely helps others like keeping an eye on what you financially support, being environmentally friendly, and eating more healthily, now they back off

Yeah, but we're stupid, arrogant creatures with too much self of self and ego so most of us can't just accept the simple idea that "I might be wrong" or "I might have made the wrong decision." And the longer you've been making a decision or the more you put behind how right you think you are the more it fucks with you to get over that hurdle. Its sorry, tragic, dumb human nature.

Then again some people just watch WWE or don't recycle or don't vote or don't try and be better people because they genuinely don't give a poo poo.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Say what you want about how awful this show was (it was) or how awful the very idea of this show is (a lot), but I'm very impressed WWE got people in Saudi Arabia to cheer for a Jewish wrestler.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I love that rather than book around the fact two really old dudes can't put on a match anymore they just go ahead and let them have a really bad and dangerous match

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/Goldberg/status/1137146190456401920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:lol: