Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Crazy Ted posted:

They should hold it in Chicago since that's where USSF HQ is. Not everything needs to be in New York.

Eh, the higher-profile it is the more we get to dunk on that travesty on the 4th. :v:

Also I guaran-fuckin-tee ya that as insufferable as the victory laps on social media are, they would've been 100x worse if the woman had lost and the men won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Big Huski Boi posted:

Should be Dunn imo, the winger playing at fullback who shut down everyone she faced.

She was really good OP. I so wanted her to get a score, and she had it but she scuffed the big ball before hitting the little one.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jet Jaguar posted:

The US team making confetti angels! OMG!

We did not see enough of their little celebration circle just before Rapinoe's interview.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I was wondering what folks meant about cringe Twitter getting a hold of this game, now I understand.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
They sell men's Lavelle Jerseys!
Does anyone have experience buying soccer jerseys made by ZZXYSY, how do the sizes correspond to normal American men's shirt sizes?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
go L/XL (unless you're a proper goon and need something more) due to the materials not being so stretchy

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Weaponized Cum posted:

go L/XL (unless you're a proper goon and need something more) due to the materials not being so stretchy

Lol I'm debating between those two sizes. I'll go XL, thanks for the help.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Zyla posted:

well it was great playoff posting for a game and a half :hai:

thanks for having me *checks notes* the bung uh

piepit?

Stick around for league stuff! Soccer is cool and good, even when it's not the US owning the poo poo out of the world (or the US getting the poo poo owned out of it by, like, Curacao).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone go to reign games? I'm wondering if the grass area is decent viewing, as it'll let my kids run around when they get bored.

And yes, I'm making it rain about womens soccer rn

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

They sell men's Lavelle Jerseys!
Does anyone have experience buying soccer jerseys made by ZZXYSY, how do the sizes correspond to normal American men's shirt sizes?

The real frustrating thing about the ZZXYSY jerseys is that they use the mens crest, so no three stars above the shield.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bleacher Report deleted this, the perfect distillation of US Women’s Soccer Twitter

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
get the french away jersey its beautiful

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Bleacher Report deleted this, the perfect distillation of US Women’s Soccer Twitter

wtf is going on here

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'd like a Lavelle Jersey, but the American kit is ugly and I can't support it. French Women's away kit is so nice and pairs really well with my Earthquakes scarf.Sometimes i just go look at it hanging up. The hexagon dots are perfect

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

The real frustrating thing about the ZZXYSY jerseys is that they use the mens crest, so no three stars above the shield.

That's lame as poo poo. Looks like the womens jerseys are cut differently, so I can't just get a super big one of those.

Time to learn how to embroider

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

bushisms.txt posted:

I'd like a Lavelle Jersey, but the American kit is ugly and I can't support it. French Women's away kit is so nice and pairs really well with my Earthquakes scarf.Sometimes i just go look at it hanging up. The hexagon dots are perfect

I kind of like the red American away Jersey, but the home Jersey just looks ridiculously bad

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

P H W O A R R

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

P H W O A R R

This is semi inaccurate as the patches\logo\numbers are actually rose gold.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1147922695188881409?s=21

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

US Home kit is anodyne, but I don't think it's terrible. She's a Washington Spirit player, too, so you can always get one of those:

The French away kit is just amazing, and I would 100% have a Diani jersey if I could pull off those hexes.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

rear end cobra posted:

P H W O A R R

Hands down best shirt in the tournament, and Henry needs to come back and run the Thorns midfield with Horan.

Edit: I have a Nike employee store pass for this month, and can probably take any shirts to get customized at one of our soccer stores.

So if you want a Horan, Heath or Franch shirt hmu.

highme fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 7, 2019

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's lame as poo poo. Looks like the womens jerseys are cut differently, so I can't just get a super big one of those.

Time to learn how to embroider

Just do poo poo tons of bench press and absolutely no curls, op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I’d like to thank most of the posters in this thread for making this the first readable thread about women’s football in the history of this forum, and thank you iospace for covering while I was out today.

I’ll leave this thread open for a few days; somebody should start a women’s football thread after.

Congratulations to the USA!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gigi Galli posted:

I’d like to thank most of the posters in this thread for making this the first readable thread about women’s football in the history of this forum, and thank you iospace for covering while I was out today.

I’ll leave this thread open for a few days; somebody should start a women’s football thread after.

Would love to participate in an NWSL thread or a general women's soccer thread during the NWSL season absolutely.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am going to become a billionaire and throw a shitton of money at the University of Wisconsin so they build a Rose Lavelle statue on campus.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

P H W O A R R

And the shirt isn't bad either.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

DrNutt posted:

"The canyon of heroes" :barf:

That's the name of the normal ticker tape parade route in NYC, and it has been known as such since at least Desert Storm.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Gigi Galli posted:

:agreed:

wheres the oliwan ban though

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gigi Galli posted:

I guess I should start following the North Carolina NWSL team that used to be the WNY Flash. I would post in that thread.

Yay America

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/jorgeperezru1/status/1147946380037644288

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mikemil828 posted:

That's the name of the normal ticker tape parade route in NYC, and it has been known as such since at least Desert Storm.

I stand by my :barf:

:colbert:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Coco13 posted:

I am going to become a billionaire and throw a shitton of money at the University of Wisconsin so they build a Rose Lavelle statue on campus.

Replace all Confederate statues with Rapinoe, Lavelle and Morgan.

Also if you want to see Twitter carnage check out the Idiots on Social Media thread in PYF, it's begun.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 7, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I can probably write up some poo poo for that unless someone beats me to it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

If you want to hate, refresh this and watch the likes multiply.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Please don’t post this kind of stuff in the thread tia

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/07/rose-lavelle-goal-womens-world-cup-final-2019-usa

Well goons? Carlos Alberto 1970 or Rose Lavelle 2019?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

Tag yourself.

Could I be any more Chandler?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Troy Queef posted:

:chloe:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Alberto's is more impressive on a team level, Lavelle's on an individual run and utterly flummoxing the centerback level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Big Huski Boi posted:

I can probably write up some poo poo for that unless someone beats me to it

Please do.