Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gigi Galli posted:

I’d like to thank most of the posters in this thread for making this the first readable thread about women’s football in the history of this forum, and thank you iospace for covering while I was out today.

I’ll leave this thread open for a few days; somebody should start a women’s football thread after.

Congratulations to the USA!

In addition, I’d like to thank GD (our respected mod) for agreeing to bring back PWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

oliwan posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the quality of American women's soccer, but their fans and posters are so retarded that I can't wait for us (Holland) to beat them tbh

heh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

In addition, I’d like to thank GD (our respected mod) for agreeing to bring back PWM

Big if true

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1147971057883766784?s=19

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Harsh, but fair

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Troy Queef posted:

Bleacher Report deleted this, the perfect distillation of US Women’s Soccer Twitter

Why does this exist

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

oliwan posted:

Time to stop being all talk, and start toxxing boys!!!!

Ban me if Holland lose :toxx:

mods??????????????????????????????????

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

mods??????????????????????????????????

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Wait what, who are these under 15s? A bunch of FM wunderkid AIs? I don't feel like reading anything to do with Ann Coulter at the minute.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Wait what, who are these under 15s? A bunch of FM wunderkid AIs? I don't feel like reading anything to do with Ann Coulter at the minute.

It was the Dallas MLS teams u15 I believe.

So, no. The opposite really.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Hedgehog Pie posted:

it really doesn’t matter, football is fun, cool and good

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Very good world cup btw, enjoyed it a lot and can’t wait for euros in two years. heia norge!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Best part about this world cup has been the talk of women parity as far as fifa treatments is concerned, which is now bringing exposure to the NWSL and FAWSL. Hopefully mls follows the epl and adds NWSL games to their game days.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Just kids, but yea the USWNT sometimes plays scrimmages against teen boy teams who IIRC almost always beat them, but it's probably better training & prep than dunking on Trinidad and Tobago or whatever.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

xeria posted:

Just kids, but yea the USWNT sometimes plays scrimmages against teen boy teams who IIRC almost always beat them, but it's probably better training & prep than dunking on Trinidad and Tobago or whatever.

i'm sure they go 100% against a bunch of teenage boys, too

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

They lose to high-end teens for the same reason they dominate other women’s squads: there’s a significant size/strength/athleticism disparity even at that age. Technique can only bridge so significant a gap.

It doesn’t take away from their accomplishments against their peers in any way, but it’s also not some vast conspiracy to deride our proud women

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

bushisms.txt posted:

Best part about this world cup has been the talk of women parity as far as fifa treatments is concerned, which is now bringing exposure to the NWSL and FAWSL. Hopefully mls follows the epl and adds NWSL games to their game days.

It definitely inspired me to start taking my family to Reign games and buy hella food concessions

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The mens team that I support and love would probably get super owned by a bunch of 9 year old catalan hgh experiments but who cares, top flight football is a bunch of poo poo anyway

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

They lose to high-end teens for the same reason they dominate other women’s squads: there’s a significant size/strength/athleticism disparity even at that age. Technique can only bridge so significant a gap.

It doesn’t take away from their accomplishments against their peers in any way, but it’s also not some vast conspiracy to deride our proud women

This is not a new thing, U.S. women have been scrimmaging U-17's boys for maybe decades. Also, posting Ann Coulter should be an autoban.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The US Men's gymnastics team won the world championship, but I would love to hear from the U-15 women's team that slaughtered them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

The US Men's ballet dancing team won the world championship, but I would love to hear from the U-11 women's team that slaughtered them.

The US Men’s soccer team is playing in a major final right now, perhaps you’d like to post about that.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

The US Men’s soccer team is playing in a major final right now, perhaps you’d like to post about that.

I'd rather post about AnnCoulter saying "hurr durr, the USWNT lost to a U15 squad because we've been oppressing women for centuries, but that's their fault!"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd rather post about AnnCoulter saying "hurr durr, the USWNT lost to a U15 squad because we've been oppressing women for centuries, but that's their fault!"

Cool, do it somewhere else.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

It's not a major final. Pulisic, a keeper and 9 clowncar performers. Great stuff OP.

PUUUUUUUUUUU TO!

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 8, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

It's not a major final. Pulisic, a keeper and 9 clowncar performers. Great stuff OP.

PUUUUUUUUUUU TO!

McKinnie is the real future of this team, not Pulisic, but there's probably a thread for that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, there's a gold cup thread.

Which is why it's weird to bring up the USMNT in the World Cup thread.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Here's a good list if you are on Twitter and want some woso follows

https://twitter.com/lgbtqfc/status/1148313068922761216

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

North Carolina Courage are the team that used to be in Rochester, right? I guess they would be my team if I had to pick one.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

North Carolina Courage are the team that used to be in Rochester, right? I guess they would be my team if I had to pick one.

The Courage are, IIRC, real fuckin' good. You Plastic.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
All of the other teams were basically NCC's plaything last year (only 1 loss, easily captured both Cup and Shield) but have come down to earth this season.

It you need a reason to root against them: they employ Jaelene Hinkle.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 9, 2019

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

whypick1 posted:

All of the other teams were basically NCC's plaything last year (only 1 loss, easily captured both Cup and Shield) but have come down to earth this season.

It you need a reason to toot against them: they employ Jaelene Hinkle.

NC will get top-tier good again once Dunn returns. But also, Hinkle is 700-club awful and I wish Dunn played for any other team in the league so I could properly root for her. Heard rumors that Krieger really pushed Orlando to trade for her before last season and they just...didn't even try.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Eh, it's not like the Pride needed any help last year...

(Seriously, how do you have Krieger/Harris/Morgan/Marta and be that bad?)

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 9, 2019

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

whypick1 posted:

Eh, it's not like the Pride needed any help last year...

(Seriously, how do you have Krieger/Harris/Morgan/Marta and be that bad?)

Sermanni? Dude took the USWNT to a 7th place finish at the Algarve a few years back.

Morgan needs a good winger to be effective.

Kennedy can be so drat inconsistent, and EvE just seems like a liability in the mid.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You could've just stopped right there.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

xeria posted:

NC will get top-tier good again once Dunn returns. But also, Hinkle is 700-club awful and I wish Dunn played for any other team in the league so I could properly root for her. Heard rumors that Krieger really pushed Orlando to trade for her before last season and they just...didn't even try.

This would have been very interesting if they'd been willing to give up Morgan. I kind of want to see how she'd fit into a Paul Riley team.

Hinkle sucks and is the main reason I'm apathetic about NCC. That and WakeMed is really miserable in the muggy weather - I'd rather wait a bit later in the fall and go watch UNC.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

For your viewing pleasure:
https://youtu.be/tAWgpQKHxl4

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Morgan's booty-shaking has been quite popular on various soccer forums I like to visit. I have no idea why.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Morgan's booty-shaking has been quite popular on various soccer forums I like to visit. I have no idea why.

People are gonna focus on the booty shaking but her real best contribution is pointing at Pinoe on TV like a child seeing her mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Engineer Lenk posted:

This would have been very interesting if they'd been willing to give up Morgan. I kind of want to see how she'd fit into a Paul Riley team.

Go watch some replays of the Thorns in 2014-15.