Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I highly doubt its going to be good, but the ARK animated series dropped with an insane cast
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1770757017876983934 they must have spent a shitton of money on it.

This was announced a year ago with a big trailer for it and a "Releasing on.... We don't know, no one wants to distribute this :shrug:" note at the end of its first press release. I guess Paramount was the lowest bidder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

I guess Paramount was the lowest bidder...
Maybe they should have sold it to the highest bidder instead then?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I like how X-Men97 looks. It can be a bit stiff but character blocking and general scene composition is top notch and the fight scenes are fantastic. Given the apparent threadbare budget, they used the resources available to them extremely well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

mystes posted:

Perhaps it was one of those auctions where the lowest unique amount wins. Unfortunately, there were only five studios involved, so they got it for $3.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mystes posted:

Paramount would have to find the money for that first:v:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

mystes posted:

Paying to have all those actors voice act for it and then just suddenly releasing it with zero prior announcement or advertising seems pretty loving dumb to me but what do I know

They spent all the money on the cast and didn't have any money for advertising.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So I checked out Ark out of curiosity, I couldn't even finish the first episode. It was pretty clearly just a random story they hacked together using elements from the game, and it leans heavily on the character babbling random technobabble.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1771920499540459788

Be advised.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

oh god yes. i might have to start max again.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

next sunday at midnight

also known as april fools day

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

repiv posted:

next sunday at midnight

also known as april fools day

The Adult Swim airing will likely have a fart track added then.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that Royal Crackers does that cracks me up is when multiple people act the same weird way. Like last week's episode with the dating video where multiple guys just start humping.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cant wait

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So I checked out Ark out of curiosity, I couldn't even finish the first episode. It was pretty clearly just a random story they hacked together using elements from the game, and it leans heavily on the character babbling random technobabble.

I randomly went through this. There's genuinely some really pretty animation in there, the background music is nice and the voice actors are good, but the plot and the script doesn't really give them much to work with.
So basically, it's a good adaptation of some bottom tier source material.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 25, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Grimsburg was incredibly gory.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Grimsburg was incredibly gory.

So was this week's The Simpsons

https://x.com/OOCCouchGags/status/1772302475971706909?s=20

This did multiple shorts throughout the episode that were parodies of Primal and really let the animators go all out on the violence, which was the correct move.

I've finished watching Second Best Hospital in the Galaxy, it's a shame it's only 8 episodes and I haven't seen anyone talking about it (probably because it wasn't advertised at all) so I kinda doubt it'll get a second season.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Grimsburg is starting to come together pretty well now. It didn't have a rocky start or anything, but the pacing and even voicing has gotten more comfortable pretty quickly.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've finished watching Second Best Hospital in the Galaxy, it's a shame it's only 8 episodes and I haven't seen anyone talking about it (probably because it wasn't advertised at all) so I kinda doubt it'll get a second season.

Show's great.

They ordered sixteen episodes over two seasons, so there's more to come.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Neeksy posted:

Grimsburg is starting to come together pretty well now. It didn't have a rocky start or anything, but the pacing and even voicing has gotten more comfortable pretty quickly.

Yeah I've been digging it! Once they got past the 'setting everything up' in the pilot, things came together pretty quick.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://x.com/beeandpuppycat/status/1771966499210592291?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

The soundtrack for Bee and Puppycat is one of its best parts, I preordered immediately after seeing this

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Open Source Idiom posted:

Show's great.

They ordered sixteen episodes over two seasons, so there's more to come.

Oh Good! I'm glad there's more coming, and hopefully enough people watch that it'll get even more after that.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its meant for the sequel game, which looks like it going to be a trainwreck.

They released a remake/remaster of the first that was supposed to be free and have seamless transfer and well...that didn't pan out AT ALL. And that's BEFORE all of the technical bugs and assorted clusterfuckery. NeddyTheNoodle who is THE definitive ARK lore guy watched it and said it was fine, but so derivative that it has to bearing or resemblance to the games or the lore from them in any way. He was very mixed on it in his review and other people online have echoed that sentiment.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Pretty much this, which is SUPER disappointing since ARK does have a pretty drat cool and interesting story.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 27, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Been charmed by Krapopolis over the course of it's first season. It isn't outstanding, or something to go out of the way for, but every other month I remember more episodes aired and it's been a fun watch. Enough genuine cleverness with the premise of animated Greek Gods, and a surprisingly well realized rank of characters.

Glad it's getting a second season.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Been charmed by Krapopolis over the course of it's first season. It isn't outstanding, or something to go out of the way for, but every other month I remember more episodes aired and it's been a fun watch. Enough genuine cleverness with the premise of animated Greek Gods, and a surprisingly well realized rank of characters.

Glad it's getting a second season.

And a third.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So was this week's The Simpsons

https://x.com/OOCCouchGags/status/1772302475971706909?s=20

This did multiple shorts throughout the episode that were parodies of Primal and really let the animators go all out on the violence, which was the correct move.

This looks neat, so I'll bite. Why did they do Primal parodies?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vandar posted:

This looks neat, so I'll bite. Why did they do Primal parodies?

It's a story about Marge acting irrational. There are some scenes where her caveman counterpart is in a similar situation to show were some of these instincts are coming from.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat that caveman Homer death is awesomely brutal and funny.

1000% something that should just be stolen and reference in stuff

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

They made bart wear pants. Post-zombie simpsons has its ups and downs.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
I got a good laugh on the latest Great North when Judy kept interrupt the recording deducing that the event her brother and sister-in-law were going to was actually an orgy

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

I got back into Rick and Morty the past couple of weeks, caught up to the new season. I know a lot of people say the show has gotten worse, and there were definitely some truly bad episodes (the alphabet ice t thing, i didn't even finish it), but overall I think the show is more enjoyable now that most of the humour isn't based around the family hating each other. The show always felt too mean spirited for me to love, and it still is really, but it's easier to have fun with things when the family isn't constantly snapping at each other.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

roomtone posted:

there were definitely some truly bad episodes (the alphabet ice t thing, i didn't even finish it)

Threesus Christ!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

roomtone posted:

I got back into Rick and Morty the past couple of weeks, caught up to the new season. I know a lot of people say the show has gotten worse, and there were definitely some truly bad episodes (the alphabet ice t thing, i didn't even finish it), but overall I think the show is more enjoyable now that most of the humour isn't based around the family hating each other. The show always felt too mean spirited for me to love, and it still is really, but it's easier to have fun with things when the family isn't constantly snapping at each other.

thats kinda my view. i think the show has its weakness and has always been very hit or miss with me but the newer seasons tend to be alot more interesting/funny now that ricks actually sorta trying to be a better person sorta and the family found its equliberium.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Regardless of the rest of the season I thought the finale was one of their best episodes, the ending especially was a nice cap on Rick's arc.

Also,

Open Source Idiom posted:

Threesus Christ!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I admittedly got put off from it a couple seasons ago because it felt like the writers just weren’t ever going to decide on which way to commit to the bit on whether Rick’s a flawed but ultimately still a family man… or a total, irredeemable rear end in a top hat. Like, to be clear, I’d have been fine with either, but constantly feeling torn between each interpretation of him just got tiring after a while.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The most recent Invincible episode has a fun little meta commentary on how much a pain in the rear end and expensive animation can be. I always appreciate those.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I admittedly got put off from it a couple seasons ago because it felt like the writers just weren’t ever going to decide on which way to commit to the bit on whether Rick’s a flawed but ultimately still a family man… or a total, irredeemable rear end in a top hat. Like, to be clear, I’d have been fine with either, but constantly feeling torn between each interpretation of him just got tiring after a while.

i feel like they are more headed in the hosed up family man now but he still has alot of rear end in a top hat. its just pissing out of the tent instead of in. again, i think the show is hit and miss but the newer stuff clicked more.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

The most recent Invincible episode has a fun little meta commentary on how much a pain in the rear end and expensive animation can be. I always appreciate those.

:ssh: its also a callback to the book, because drawing out complicated comic book pages is a time-consuming pain in the rear end

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

yeah that's fine ha ha ha but it doesn't really solve the season being a big waste of time does it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What does "waste of time" mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i dunno, sorry, i'm drunk. i'll come back in the morning and either explain or take my comments back.