Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

i am a moron posted:

The Fiona and Cake stuff is pretty mid so far. I found adult Finn to be super annoying and I’m unclear what they’re aiming for

I mean to a normal person from the 20th century Finn would absolutely come off as a maniac, I can see why they played that up since it was from Simon's perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

i am a moron posted:

Kind of a bummer he’s just like… big Finn. Without Jake he’s just a large annoying child

I mean, it's always been a part of their relationship that Finn and Jake balance each other. Without Finn, Jake is kind of just a lazy but wise dude who is a bit of a jerk. Without Jake, Finn is a large annoying child. Makes sense!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Honestly, I'm loving them.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

When does Harley Quinn get good? I'm like 9 episodes in and it's leaving me cold, do I have to hang on until a later season or is it just not for me?

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Hazo posted:

Has she assembled her crew yet? It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember that once Ron Funchess's King Shark, Tony Hale's Psycho-Man, and Alan Tudyk's Clayface become regulars they really help break up the flimsy wishy-washy Harley-Joker overall plot.

Yeah that was a while ago, she just joined the legion of doom.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah. If you don't like it by mid way through season 1, you won't like it. In fact, second half of season 1 and season 2 are the high points. If you're not already on board, you won't be.

Hazo posted:

Yeah seems like it might not be your style of humor. I think the next big arc involves meeting Sy Borgman and setting up their not-Legion-of-Doom base in his abandoned mall, and Harley's relationship with Ivy.

Yeah I think I'm gonna get off the train, then. Thanks!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Warbird posted:

If it’s not clicking fit you at that point it’s not going to. Are you at least willing to die for Kite Man?

E: oh there were more posts. Whoops.

I'll admit, Kite Man did find a special place in my heart

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

well when your daddy's a billionaire they let you make kind of cringe cartoons about yourself in jr high i guess

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Good news for ME!

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/my-adventures-with-superman-adult-swim-ratings-hit/

I think I mentioned S2 is either nearly or entirely in the can. Further seasons are getting pitched and I'm supposed to be hearing this week if they get greenlit. Which means I'll have regular work again!

I'm usually pretty good about living on savings, but I had to move earlier this year and I'm about to have surgery (Technology can fix my lovely eyes now!), so I'm really glad to hear MAWS was successful in the boardroom numbers sense.

Oh that's great! My wife and I love My Adventures with Superman, so glad it's getting another season! You do great work, the show looks beautiful

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

is it. it always looked loving hidious from the art style stand point?

I agree, Big Mouth is boring and looks terrible. Nick Kroll bought his way into comedy with his daddy's money, I don't think he's been funny even once.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I mean, I'll check out Grimsburg, it's possible to handle a kitchen sink like that well, and if it's on network tv they'll have the episode count to at least try to. Honestly though seeing that trailer just had me wishing it was more Dicktown.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I liked the first episode of Grimsburg.
It definitely had the issue of a pilot that's trying to introduce such a completely insane world has to have, where it's trying to cram everyone's shtick into one story, but it charmed me, and it gave me one full belly laugh with the alcoholic cat cutaway so I'm up to give it room to grow. Once it gets to do more episodes where it focuses more on individual characters I think it'll pick up a lot.

Not sure how I feel about the kid and his imaginary skeleton friend yet, though.

Strange Cares fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 29, 2024

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Neeksy posted:

So how is the 3rd season of Clone High working out?
After going back to Season 1, I can't go back to 2, so 3 is just a mystery vortex in my brain.

Season 3 has been pretty funny so far! I'm only on episode 7 but I've had a lot of good belly laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Neeksy posted:

Grimsburg is starting to come together pretty well now. It didn't have a rocky start or anything, but the pacing and even voicing has gotten more comfortable pretty quickly.

Yeah I've been digging it! Once they got past the 'setting everything up' in the pilot, things came together pretty quick.