Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Final Space was beautifully animated and had some great voice work other than Olan Roger's constant exasperated howling as Gary. Couldn't make it through the season on the first go around but maybe I'll give it another look since it got a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

McSpanky posted:

The Oblongs and Ugly Americans, loved both and wouldn't have minded another season or two each.

Whoa, I forgot all about Ugly Americans. That show is almost ten years old now :stare: Kurt Metzger as basically Undead Bender was great. Callie and Leonard also great. First season Twayne as a malicious all powerful demon middle manager muzzled only by HR and office environment social norms was also great. Season two Twayne as a mewling momma's boy not very great. Either way the show deserved more seasons than it got.

On a different note how about Mike Tyson's Mysteries? I guess adding Mike Tyson to something like Scooby Doo could only ever elevate it to pure art. Apparently he ad libs some of the dialogue but I have no idea how much.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Moral Orel's final season and like half of the second season is amazing. The first one and a half are just kinda meh to me personally.

Adult Swim used to have basically an annotated version of the final episode where every now and then you could watch a video of Dino Stamatopoulos commenting on the current scene and I'm mad it's gone now or at least buried on its site since AS has undergone like 10 website revisions since then to make it increasingly worse looking.

Another one I had forgotten about! Going from memory the early episodes are just sort of, "Ha ha, it sure is funny to watch those uptight WASPs be uptight while Morel gets in hijinks!" but later episodes really peel back the layers and plumb the unfathomable existential torment all of the town's folk are forcing themselves to live through to maintain appearances to each other. The last few episodes and finale are just jaw dropping as the whole house of cards comes crashing down in such a spectacular way. Morel doesn't just get to see veneer peeled back, it gets peeled back and reality is subsequently shoved up his rear end, out his mouth, into his eyeballs, and back down out of his rear end. If you've lived in small town America you owe it to yourself to watch it.

While it's not technically "adult animation" I saw that Viacom sold the Rocko's Modern Life movie project to Netflix last month. The original Rocko was really subversive or just straight up perverse at times for a "kids" show, so I'd guess the twenty year later movie under the helm of Netflix will give up all pretense and just go full on adult.

Edit:

Oh, poo.
VVVV

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 12, 2019

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I think they use that weird software that animates faces in real-time based on an actor's expressions. It's a fun series, especially if you've ever played a D&D campaign.

At the recommendation of this thread I watched the first episode of Tigtone and if what you said is true it makes the animation even funnier.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Echoing Ugly Americans as a vastly overlooked, underrated show. I'm still upset that it got canceled while Brickleberry got an additional season, presumably because it had Daniel Tosh as a voice.

Brickleberry had it's moments but none of them involved Daniel Tosh's character. For as much as he threw his weight behind the show it was amusing that his self insert character was far and away the laziest and worst part of it. The guys behind the show went on to make Paradise PD on Netflix which is essentially Brickleberry with city police instead of park rangers and all but two different voice actors tossed in: Kyle Kinane takes Tosh's place as a dog rather than a bear, but at least they give him more to do than sit around and make snide remarks. You know, like get black out drunk and/or high.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

So I recently cut cable and did the all streaming thing.

Hulu recommended Golan the Insatiable.

It's actually pretty loving good. It's a great mix of total stupidity with a more serious seasonal arc that is also stupid. Maria Bamford as the mom works so God drat well.

Of course Fox killed it.