Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Vakal posted:

If I had to guess I'd say they originally drew the character's faces with eyes and mouths wide open, and then use that Adobe Photoshop image stretching thing to kind of pull things back into place depending on the expression needed, if that makes sense.

Tigtone uses a face tracking software one of the show runners cobbled together which is why everyone animates so strangely. It's both incredible and terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQN4SImirU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Actually, a lot of more recent series are serialized these days: Pantheon, Invincible, Primal, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Young Justice, Kid Cosmic, Bojack Horseman, Avatar, Voltron, Adventure Time, the last season of Samurai Jack, and Infinity Train just to name a few examples.

I think their point is that very recently, a bunch of those shows you mentioned ended. We were in an era of serialization, now it seems we're going back to episodic.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Is there an X-Men 97 thread? Seems weird I haven’t seen anyone talking about it, it’s stellar!