Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
(comic) neerrrrdddsss.

Also I've mention the Superman TAS carbomb episode in another thread, but some more good bits. Kent writes the front page article for the morning edition that's about the cop's execution that evening.

muscles like this! posted:

There was a really funny bit in the Green Lantern animated series where Hal is on the rear end end of the universe and Kilowog makes fun of him for still wearing a mask.

JL(U??) has an episode where Lex and Flash mindswap, and Lex looks under Flash's mask and goes "I have no idea who this is."

also Flash does the most evil thing banging Lex's girlfriend not washing his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the soap operas analogy is bad because that would mean the medium is actually mainly for stay at home moms, oh and then their son gets sick for a week and they they bond over soaps.

oh and daily tv breaks from vidoegames is for soaps during the summer.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

There was an interview with Michael Ouweleen when they announced the expansion of Adult Swim's timeslot where he said that the case he's made to Zaslav & Co. post-merger is that there might be a higher up-front cost and leadtime than the unscripted stuff they're familiar with, but that an animated series instantly becomes timeless library content. Animation viewers tend to return to series that they like for years after its initial run, and shows have a tendency to pick up more fans as time goes on and it gets discovered by new generations of viewers - citing how reruns of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, a show with episodes that are now old enough to drink, still accounted for almost 5% of all AS viewership in 2022. Seems like maybe his pitch is working.

this is a pretty good argument, my argument would be that when Zaslav dies or feels the spectre of death he can also say he helped "make" art instead of a bunch of trash people only technically remember because its digital filler in media dumps. hit his ego and legacy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat legal magic rights be crazy dumb. ( i hope the lowest ring of hell is (bad)ip law)

"hey singer, you can only sing in these legal ways. gently caress you."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so cartoons are oral or the other end?

or injected? or that weird new tech thats basically being scratched by some velcro ?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 27, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at having a shitfit with no name backgorund characters.

also some hellhound thats generic and unremarkable , like the only BG char I remember is the imp girl with the arm cast and the three doggos when Bee is supersizing a taco and drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat that caveman Homer death is awesomely brutal and funny.

1000% something that should just be stolen and reference in stuff